Rolled Back .EXE --> which mod versions ?

guk

I updated FO4 to the latest patch, because i added the UHD DLC there was no way around it.

Then immediately reverted the .EXE back to 1.10.75 with the Steam Depot method.

Now the big question is:

Because only the .EXE is reverted to 1.10.75, but all game assets (master files, scripts, everything else in the BA2s) are on version 1.10.120 - shouldn't i be using mods like UFO4P updated for the latest version?

Thing is that Bethesda changed/added something important in the meantime, which basically separated UFO4P and all dependent mods at some point after the .75 update.

@guk I've often wondered this myself.  When the game updates, I roll back immediately to a back-up copy of the Fallout4.exe, to preserve F4SE and dependent mod functionality while the modding teams update F4SE itself and dependent mods.  This generally only takes 1 to 3 days for everything to update, at which point I roll the Fallout4.exe forward. 

Generally, I don't exceed one version behind current - though occasionally, I have gotten lazy with it, and was running two versions behind current - but I never noticed any issues.  Undoubtedly, there will be some bug fixes in the patches since .75 that you will miss out on, being 7+ versions behind current.

From my back-ups, these have been the updates since .75, but I think I'm missing one:

Finding patch notes on this is maddening, but good luck :)

1.10.75 - February

1.10.82 - April

1.10.89 - May

1.10.98 - June

1.10.106 - July

1.10.111 - August

1.10.114 - October

1.10.120 - December, current

I would generally surmise that the .exe is mostly independent of the context in the plugin and BA2s.  Judging from the patch notes that I CAN find on these, the bug fixes specifically with the .exe seem generally exclusive to things including load time, engine optimizations, etc.  The plugin and BA2 updates - you will be able to take advantage of.

Hmm yeah it's kind of an unsolvable conflict. UFO4P would run with the old exe, but anything F4SE-related wouldn't.

Luckily i found that Registrator2000 and Neanka got some pre-release versions for the last missing F4SE mods hosted on some 3rd party sites, so i updated everything for 1.10.120 now. Hopefully gonna be another 6-12 months without the update shizzle, and yes i'm very optimistic here ?

On 12/13/2018 at 8:45 PM, guk said:

Hmm yeah it's kind of an unsolvable conflict. UFO4P would run with the old exe, but anything F4SE-related wouldn't.

Luckily i found that Registrator2000 and Neanka got some pre-release versions for the last missing F4SE mods hosted on some 3rd party sites, so i updated everything for 1.10.120 now. Hopefully gonna be another 6-12 months without the update shizzle, and yes i'm very optimistic here ?

I would ask why you were clinging to such an old version of the game.... but I'm sure you'll regale me with a litany of outdated mod reasons :)

7 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I would ask why you were clinging to such an old version of the game.... but I'm sure you'll regale me with a litany of outdated mod reasons :)

Mostly the missing FreeFlyCam plugin. I do a lot of screenshots while playing, without that you can't frame shots properly.

Archived