Merging SLAL Packs

You can merge animobject esps safely into one (like RohZima_AnimObjects.esp, SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp, etc), though if the authors used the same names it may create small issues (missing or incorrect objects for instance).  I wouldn't merge anything else with SLAL in the title unless you know what you're doing.

• 7 months later...

Sorry about necropost, but Seijin8 has no idea what he's talking about. I just checked the esps I have with SLAL in the name, and they all just have a couple of animobjects in them, so it should be safe to merge. You can even merge them together with the animobjects esps. The feature that adds the animations to MCM won't be affected. You shouldn't discourage someone based on a hunch.

As a general rule you can merge anything that isn't a master, doesn't contain scripts or has NPC data. But there will always be exceptions to the rule, so you need to be careful and use common sense. If you get errors while merging that's a sign it wasn't a good idea.

14 hours ago, saltshade said:

Sorry about necropost, but Seijin8 has no idea what he's talking about. I just checked the esps I have with SLAL in the name, and they all just have a couple of animobjects in them, so it should be safe to merge. You can even merge them together with the animobjects esps. The feature that adds the animations to MCM won't be affected. You shouldn't discourage someone based on a hunch.

As a general rule you can merge anything that isn't a master, doesn't contain scripts or has NPC data. But there will always be exceptions to the rule, so you need to be careful and use common sense. If you get errors while merging that's a sign it wasn't a good idea.

Sorry that your reading comprehension sucks, but the first sentence of my post says it all: "You can merge animobject esps safely into one"

If you would like an example of where this doesn't work so well: Anubis and Komotor both used the AOChair name for two different objects.  Merging would either result in the wrong object displayed, or none at all.  AnimObjects must have unique names to appear correctly, merged or not. If you merge without noticing the names are the same, you're breaking both sets of animations.

In your no doubt well-informed and exhaustive search, did you notice that any shared names?  No?  Must not have looked all that hard then.

13 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Sorry that your reading comprehension sucks, but the first sentence of my post says it all: "You can merge animobject esps safely into one"

If you would like an example of where this doesn't work so well: Anubis and Komotor both used the AOChair name for two different objects.  Merging would either result in the wrong object displayed, or none at all.  AnimObjects must have unique names to appear correctly, merged or not. If you merge without noticing the names are the same, you're breaking both sets of animations.

In your no doubt well-informed and exhaustive search, did you notice that any shared names?  No?  Must not have looked all that hard then.

Okay, I went overboard there. You're right that it can cause conflicts, but it's a very small price to pay if your priority is to decrease animation count, which was the main concern here. I think it's fine to do a merge and test it out without checking in detail, and if you should encounter a missing object you can just cycle to the next animation. If you really wanted that particular animation you can always go back and redo the merge.

Also, if two objects has the same ID, one of them will still remain in the merged file, so how can you break both anims? My own merge has been working fine so far, with a lot of objects showing, including tables, chairs and benches.

9 hours ago, saltshade said:

but it's a very small price to pay if your priority is to decrease animation count, which was the main concern here

Not a single thing mentioned in this thread will decrease animation count.  That was never a concern here, main or otherwise.

I want to merge a few animations, too. Right now .... later I want to merge Hair, armor, clothes (I have read what you wrote: no master, no script, no NPC and better no Quest-Mods ? ) and so on ? A friend gave me this tutorial, I haven't look to it until now:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6cpCwTezE

My question please: What simple merging tool would you recomment for somebody like me? Me, thats the merging/modding dummy. ?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Funzel22 said:

I want to merge a few animations, too. Right now .... later I want to merge Hair, armor, clothes (I have read what you wrote: no master, no script, no NPC and better no Quest-Mods ? ) and so on ? A friend gave me this tutorial, I haven't look to it until now:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6cpCwTezE

My question please: What simple merging tool would you recomment for somebody like me? Me, thats the merging/modding dummy. ?

Thanks!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905

• 10 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 10:07 AM, Seijin8 said:

Thanks! Your answers saved my day. Or night. Sorry for the necro.
Sexlab Utility Plus offers functionality that uses existing furniture in game, which is a huge bonus. However it won't work for customized furniture....so here we are.

1 hour ago, Namevain said:

Sexlab Utility Plus offers functionality that uses existing furniture in game, which is a huge bonus. However it won't work for customized furniture....so here we are.

The only issue with spot-functions like that is that not all animators use consistent positioning in their animations.  For instance, if you plop someone onto a chair for one of Billyy's "invisible chair" animations, they will face the wrong way.  You can fix this by amending the SLAL jsons, though you would have to do this every month, so... not ideal.