Request: Maternity capable clothes for Family Planning.

If you've read my other posts in the Family Planning topic you've already heard me bitch about this constantly.  For those who haven't, it goes like this:

1) In order to properly display pregnant bellies, a clothing item must be Bodyslide compatible but not have pre-assigned Bodyslide values.  All stock vanilla clothing items already are and work perfectly for this.  Problem is, most of them are ugly as hell.

2) The Nexus is packed full of sexy clothing mods.  Problem is, though, that every fucking one of them has it's own Bodyslide values rammed into it so as to turn any toon that wears them into whatever that designer thinks is ideal.  In practice this means that you could stick fucking Cricket into one of those outfits and she will instantly & magically transform into a size 88 triple Z bust with a six inch waistline.  Needless to say, these forced values completely trash any attempts by Family Planning to show pregnancy, as the clothes' assigned values forces all the toon's dimensions to be locked into place.

3) Thus my request: For the love of God could somebody please make some sexy clothing, or at least not-butt-ugly clothing, that don't have any Bodyslide values stuffed into them?  Some outfits that don't look hideous that pregnant women can wear and still actually look pregnant?  Hell, I'd be happy with just some edits of existing clothing mods that have those irritating Bodyslide over-rides removed.

Thanks in advance!

@Froggy  Clothing mods, which include bodyslide capable outfits (not all do....) can be run through bodyslide with the "build morphs" box ticked.  This will output the necessary tri files such that mods like Family Planning, LooksMenu, etc. can use to manipulate the outfit.  Has this approach not worked for you?  

I have not tried this yet.  I will do so now!  Thanks!

Note: I may need instructions on that.  I'll let you know after I look at it.

Note #2: Alright, I've got it working and it shows all the vanilla outfits in CBBE just fine, but it doesn't list any of the other clothing mods that I've downloaded.  I can load them in the Outfit Studio but not having any luck in the Bodyslide program.  What am I missing?

31 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I have not tried this yet.  I will do so now!  Thanks!

Note: I may need instructions on that.  I'll let you know after I look at it.

Note #2: Alright, I've got it working and it shows all the vanilla outfits in CBBE just fine, but it doesn't list any of the other clothing mods that I've downloaded.  I can load them in the Outfit Studio but not having any luck in the Bodyslide program.  What am I missing?

That really depends on the clothing mod, unfortunately.  Many mods include CBBE/AB bodyslide files in the main mod, or as an optional file.  Still others will have a patch made by another modder with the CBBE/AB bodyslide files.  If you inspect one of the mods you're looking at, and see a Tools folder under Data.... i.e. Fallout 4\Data\Tools  in the zip file, then it has the necessary bodyslide files.  Nearly every clothing mod available has bodyslide files made for it.  If you find that you have a clothing mod which doesn't include bodyslide files, they can usually be found here or on the Nexus.  If you REALLY can't find them, there are a plethora of tutorials and information available with instructions on building the necessary files yourself.

Start with the Guides section of the Outfit Studio wiki for that information.

Looking at SunKat's Kimono Conversion, for example, has:

materials

meshes

textures

Tools

... and tools has Bodyslide nifs that I can load into the Outfit Studio just fine.  But the "build morphs" button is in the Bodyslide program and only vanilla clothing shows up there.  How can make Bodyslide see the modded stuff, too?  Do I need to export them from Outfit Studio into a new place or format?  I'm kind of lost on that.

Note: I tried going into Outfit Stuido, New Project, imported the nif file from the Kimono's Tools/Bodyslide/ShapeData folder.  Loaded fine.  Then saved it under "Test Outfit" and viola, Test Outfit now appears on the Bodyslide list.  I turned on "build morphs" and told it to build, and it seemed to work fine.  Saved it to the Fallout data folder, it said.  Thing is... I went over to the Fallout data folder and it's not there.  Neither is the new project file when I tried to load it back up.  Now I'm just confused.  Did it really save it or not, I wonder?  And if so, where did really it go to?

• 3 weeks later...

After over two weeks of frustration, I finally got this to work.  Posting it here in case anyone else runs into this issue.

First I followed the guide on the BodySlide page for running it with MO2.  This was the problem all along because it does not work when you do this.

Eventually I went back, installed & ran BodySlide manually directly to my FO4 folder in Steam.  When I did it that way all the clothing appeared in the list - including all the clothing mods stuff that I had downloaded as well.  From there, yes, simply hitting "generate morphs" and "batch build" indeed turned all the outfits in my collection into maternity capable clothing at last.

Fucking yay!

Archived