Famous Figures

Content Consumer

So, it struck me that a lot of Edgar Allen Poe quotes could fit quite neatly into the lore in some way. I just wonder what the people there would say if they met him.
Therefore, I hereby present:
Famous Figures Talk To Famous Figures: Edgar Allen Poe in Tamriel edition.

EAP: Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...
Sithis: Dude, stop staring. You're creeping me out.

EAP: They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Vaermina: Call me ignorant one more time and I will seriously mess you up.

EAP: I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Sheogorath: Finally, someone who understands me.

EAP: The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
Arkay: Me.
EAP: I was actually trying to make a point that -
Arkay: Nope, it's me. I say.
EAP: No, you don't get it. I'm saying that -
Arkay: Sorry, you'll have to speak up. I can't hear you over the sound of me being the dividing line between life and death.
EAP: Dick.

EAP: All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry.
Talos: Go fuck yourself.

EAP: I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of Beauty.
Dibella: Are you coming on to me?

EAP: The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.
Hermaeus Mora: Go fuck yourself.

EAP: If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.
Sheogorath: I love this guy!

EAP: The pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from the contemplation of the beautiful.
Dibella: Yeah, I'm with Sithis. Stop staring at me, it's wigging me out.

EAP: I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity.
Mehrunes Dagon: Go fuck yourself.

EAP: We loved with a love that was more than love.
Mara: Are you coming on to me?

EAP: Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore...
Nocturnal: ...you're my new best friend.

EAP: Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.
Sheogorath: Let's go get a beer!

EAP: All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Vivec: Yes.
EAP: I was actually saying that -
Vivec: Yep, sure, aye-firmative.
EAP: No, see, I'm making a philosophical point that -
Vivec: Sorry, you'll have to speak up. I can't hear you over the sound of everything being a dream.
EAP: Dick.

Feel free to add more quotes, or from someone else if you want. :)

Archived