Animators wanted!!

Bromm83

Hello all!

There are several people working on plugins to Sexout, mods and the likes to FalloutNV, but we really don't have any animators!

Think about it. With animators we could perhaps get Bouncing breasts under sex, facial animations and new positions.

I would encourage anyone who wants to start modding now to try and learn animations. I have tried and it wasnt for me, but I really hope someone else got the knack for it! Or if you are an experienced animator and just got bored with it all, now is the time to get back!!

Point me towards some tools and tutorials, and I'll do my best to not completely fuck up any animations I try to make... ;)

Seriously though, if I knew the basics I could give it a bash... see what I could manage. (then again, would there be any way to take some of the Lovers animations and use them in NV? They have got a LOT of very sweet animations. Ok, so permissions would need to be got, but it might be worth looking into)

Nope... over an hour trying to follow the tutorial in that last link you gave' date=' and the results don't match the images in the tutorial. (skeleton moves, body doesn't)

I'll give it another go tomorrow, just before I throw myself out a window. :P

[/quote']

Defenestrating is rarely a good option, but I have a suspicion that there probably is on little detail that has been forgotten or something. Look in the discussion page for that link and I think I saw something there about others having the same problem. There might even be a solution there. If not, the other links should give some clue as to what went wrong.

When you import the body into blender you need to click every thing off and only check import geometry only + parent to selected armature. Or if the tutorial which I didn't read brings in the skeleton first. Then delete the skeleton and click all the import options off again and check import skeleton only + parent to selected. This should get your body moving with the skeleton. but maybe I'll read the tutorial to see whats going on.

Nope... over an hour trying to follow the tutorial in that last link you gave' date=' and the results don't match the images in the tutorial. (skeleton moves, body doesn't)

I'll give it another go tomorrow, just before I throw myself out a window. :P

[/quote']

Defenestrating is rarely a good option, but I have a suspicion that there probably is on little detail that has been forgotten or something. Look in the discussion page for that link and I think I saw something there about others having the same problem. There might even be a solution there. If not, the other links should give some clue as to what went wrong.

BINGO! The tutorial doesn't mention the import settings...

When you import the body into blender you need to click every thing off and only check import geometry only + parent to selected armature.

:D Exactly what I needed to do... I love this place!

I'm not a experienced animator myself. But I through together a file that hopefully will help people in learning the basics. Any hoo this is my first uploaded file so I hope it downloads right. There are 2 blend files a start file with both female and male characters all ready ringed and ready to go. The other one is a animation I through together for a reference. Or some one can use it if they want. I wrote the tutorial in note pad so don't expect any thing special. Hope this helps.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4TT47ZW

• 3 months later...

I've done a bit of animation/modeling/meshing, etc. in the past with games like Second Life (actually made some descent profits from it...).

It's been a while, and I've fallen out of practice and haven't kept up to date with all the programs used, but I'll try to get some things up and going soon.

Archived