Lossless ENB PNG Screenshot Automator

This file requires a manuall install and some manual adjustments, it cannot be installed by a mod manager!

I have always been searching for a good, performance-friendly way to make Skyrim screenshots. I have been using Steams own overlay (yes i feel ashamed for that) for ages, tried other software such as Fraps, Bandicam but they all either screwed up my dual enb+sweetfx install or simply crashed on Skyrim launch, so i finally decided to take things into my own hands and create the most performance-friendly and lossless way of taking Skyrim screenshots.

What does this do?

This is basically a little Windows batch script that will take screenshots made by any ENB, convert them to compressed but 100% lossless png and move them out of your Skyrim folder to a custom location of your choosing. It uses no third party software while Skyrim runs since it uses the screenshots every ENB can create and thus creates no additional strain on your system and is 100% compatible with any Skyrim setup that uses ENB. ?

Requirements

- ENB for Skyrim (should work with any version but you may need to adjust the filenames the script looks for, i have tested it with .308 and .349)

- Imagick (basic version included in this download)

- optipng (included in this download)

Install instructions

1. Unpack the contents of the .zip Archive anywhere (but not in your Skyrim folder)
  2. Install Imagick and remember the install location.
  3. Move optipng.exe to the Imagick install location (i.e. "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16\")
  4. Move the "Process_Screenshots.bat" to your Skyrim root folder (where the TESV.exe is)
  5. Edit the "Process_Screenshots.bat" and change all folder paths so that they represent yours
  6. If you haven't yet set up a hotkey to take screenshots with ENB, open the enblocal.ini in your Skyrim root folder and change "KeyScreenshot=0" under [INPUT]. Use google to find out which number represents which keyboard key (123 is F12).

Usage instructions

1. Play Skyrim and take Screenshots with the hotkey you set up in enblocal.ini
  2. Exit Skyrim at some point.
  3. Run the "Process_Screenshots.bat" in the Skyrim root directory.
  4. Your screenshots will now be converted, compressed and moved to your custom location.

FAQ

• It does not work! 
    • Please make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and edited the .bat file and put in your folder paths. If it still does not work, post an error report in this forum with detailed descriptions and i will try to help you
  • Why does the processing take so long?
    • The cause is the compression of the png files with optipng. This process wil only reduce the filesize by about 5-15% at best, so if you dont want to use this you can remove [& "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16\optipng.exe" "C:\[PATH TO STEAM]\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\%%~na.png"] from the bat file to speed up the process. 
  • (more soon...)

Download

ENB-Screenshot-Automator.zip

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/13/2019 at 4:18 AM, Khaahan said:

Does it convert BMP files into PNG files as well!?

Sorry, didn't see your post (because Loverslab notifications are completely broken and dont work).

Yes, it does. It takes the ENB bmps and converts them into lossless png files.