Help with Modding

darkage287

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to help me learn how to script for modding Skyrim. I learned how to make levels in the creation kit and do navamesh but learning how to script is what i want to learn at the moment. So I'm wondering if anyone can help. I also can help others with mods since i have my Friday nights and Saturday nights free and I'm very determined when it comes to getting things done. If anyone could help teach my how to script I would be very happy and wouldn't mind lending a hand to any other modder in need of a dedicated person to help with their mod. Thanks =D

Have you ever written any kind of code before? If so then the things to remember is that logic is still logic, syntax may vary but it can always be learned and the best way to learn (for me at least) is to read the code others have written but make sure the code was written by someone with experience. It also helps significantly if the code was written with a lot of comments about what is going on.

So I'm trying to compile my script with the Notepad++ 'Run' function and I have been reading the creation kit wiki on how to do it' date=' but it seems it doesn't want to work for me. If anyone can help me with compiling the script with notepad++, it would help a lot

[/quote']

I edit in Notepad++ and then compile it in the CK. Also take note of the "Properties" button for each script in the CK. You want to make sure to use that to set the properties in your script to auto fill with the values from Global (look under Miscellaneous in Object window of the CK, there is where you set up Global variables) and from other scripts.

Here is a link to a bunch of hints by an experienced modder:

http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=20&Itemid=193

So far i understand on how the scripting works, just need to compile it. I'll use WaxenFigure suggestions and compile the script in the CK. I'll probably do a very basic script just to see how to load it and how it all works, then start getting into what I planned on doing. Thanks for the great suggestions and I'll post back to notifies you guys on how the scripting is doing.

Archived