Having issues with merged plugins, looking for help

Riffy

So I was merging outfit and armor mods together and noticed they no longer showed up in bodyslide cause it's not copying the tools folder into the merge with all the body slide data. Anyone know why or how to fix it? So far all I can find is to manual copy them over. 

Yes, you do it either manually or ....

51 minutes ago, Riffy said:

cause it's not

you might remind yourself to tell us HOW you merged the mods (name of the tool, version , etc... ) ... in that case we might be able to tell you a bit more :classic_wink:

Because, in contrast to public believe, most of us can NOT read minds.

PS: Regardless of your tool of choice, personally, I would recommend https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905 for this job.

And provided you configured it correct, it should do the copying stuff by itself. If not, you might have found a bug and should send Mator a bug report.

15 minutes ago, worik said:

Yes, you do it either manually or ....

you might remind yourself to tell us HOW you merged the mods (name of the tool, version , etc... ) ... in that case we might be able to tell you a bit more :classic_wink:

Because, in contrast to public believe, most of us can NOT read minds.

PS: Regardless of your tool of choice, personally, I would recommend https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905 for this job.

And provided you configured it correct, it should do the copying stuff by itself. If not, you might have found a bug and should send Mator a bug report.

I did list the tool in the title. It's the one you linked to. I didn't think to list it twice. 

I see I added ed, my bad.

15 minutes ago, Riffy said:

It's the one you linked to.

Options->Merging -> tick mark "Batch copy assets"

Should do the trick

Probably under Options->Integrations->tick mark "copy general assets" as well...

And when starting the build you better leave it alone and don't close any windows on your own.... it might take a while to complete. Depending on your equipment and the amount of files and data in the merge.

If not, you found a bug and please report it to Mator

One thing I noticed when doing something similar myself was that the copy assets was iffy for some of the merged asses, some copied over some did not, but it was very inconsistent in it, in the end I pretty much gave up and just manually copied the required files into a working directory after doing the merge, and making sure that the extracted ba2 files were the correct ones, sometimes the extractor for me created 0 byte size files while appearing to do the extraction.

Only reason I even knew that was a problem was I was using a different ba2 archiver to create new ba2 for the merge, and it spat out a huge number of errors about 0 size files when creating the new ba2.

Thing I noticed is that for oldrim it is pretty much rock solid and works as it should, for sse it can be so so, but for the most part works great, but fallout 4 though it can be flaky as hell in what it does, I built quite a few merges for fallout 4 where it included the files from the merge as master files for the merge, which pretty much had me going ermm, wtf.

38 minutes ago, worik said:

Options->Merging -> tick mark "Batch copy assets"

Should do the trick

Probably under Options->Integrations->tick mark "copy general assets" as well...

And when starting the build you better leave it alone and don't close any windows on your own.... it might take a while to complete. Depending on your equipment and the amount of files and data in the merge.

If not, you found a bug and please report it to Mator

Nuts, yeah I already had the general assets checked so I am going to try and rebuild it once more from the start before posting on the mods bug section. Really hope this is just me being stupid. 

Well after removing all the tools and reinstalling from MO2 on up it worked this time and I am going to poke around into why but like I assumed it is likely something stupid I overlooked. 

Archived