Merging AAF Animation plugins?

Voltanis

So I'm trying to cut down on my plugins due to game instability. And was just curious if its safe to merge the various AAF animation packs that use an esp?

AtomicLust.esp

MutatedLust.esp

Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp

Rufgt's Animations.esp

Farelle_Animations.esp

SavageCabbage_Animations.esp

Specifically these six. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

It's a reasonable undertaking to merge together pose mods.  These typically only have positionData and animationData files.  The animationData and some of the other XML files need to point to specific form references.... positionData needs to point to whatever the names in animdationData are - so this can work for more simple merges.   The merge process would look something like:

1. Merge several pose mod's plugins with your tool of choice (tool doesn't matter, I used Merge Plugins for my tests)

2. Generate a new animationData file with AAFMakeXML.exe (available on Nexus AAF page in optional files)

3. Manually manipulate a copy of the new animationData.xml file to convert it to a positionData.xml file

4. Rename the animationData and positionData files to be consistent with the merged plugins name (both file names AND the headers of the XML contents)

And it should work..... note that currently AAFMakeXML.exe only supports scanning a plugin to extract forms to create the animationData file - not the others.

Archived