Load order question

Carabosse

Bethesda has 7 master files (Fallout4.esm, DLCRobot.esm etc) in vortex they're marked as 'Loaded by engine, can't be configured'. Which I assume means they are locked at the top of your load order and can't be re-ordered. I'm not seeing a way to do it in vortex.

My question is, is this always the case? Or is it actually possible to change their load order, either with other mod managers or however? Changing their order amongst themselves wouldn't be an issue for me but if a third party plugin could bump them beyond index 06 it would.

Might seem like a silly question but it's kind of important for a mod I'm currently making.

Loot should be able to, but as far as I am aware this is the load order loot will place them into, which is the one bethesda say is the correct order for them.   There again I do admit it has been ages since I last ran loot.

Fallout4.esm

DLCRobot.esm

DLCWorkshop1.esm

DLCCoast.esm

DLCWorkshop2.esm

DLCWorkshop3.esm

DLCNukaWorld.esm

If you want to you should be able to manually edit the plugins.ini file, but if you are build a mod then you should not really be changing the official load order.

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

Loot should be able to, but as far as I am aware this is the load order loot will place them into, which is the one bethesda say is the correct order for them.   There again I do admit it has been ages since I last ran loot.

Fallout4.esm

DLCRobot.esm

DLCWorkshop1.esm

DLCCoast.esm

DLCWorkshop2.esm

DLCWorkshop3.esm

DLCNukaWorld.esm

If you want to you should be able to manually edit the plugins.ini file, but if you are build a mod then you should not really be changing the official load order.

I'm not suggesting to alter load orders as a consequence of my mod.

What I want is to reliably identify the theoretical maximum formid value of any installed Bethesda content. I was hoping that the Fallout engine would force Bethesda's own plugins to take the first available indices, as that would simplify things.

[edit]

Good news. After some quick testing and editing the plugins file to try to force them to load in a different order, they seem to be hardcoded to always load in a set sequence.

Archived