BodySlide / Outfit Studio - Base Body not working with New Slider

Sleepy_Soul

Heya LL folks,

Messing around with BodySlide and Outfit Studio, and I came across an oddity I can't get past with my usual trial & error / headdesk-until-it-works.

I'm trying to add in a body slider from one body type to another. The outfit / clothing appears to work, but the base body underneath the clothes doesn't appear to change in BodySlide along with the clothes.

Any tips / a nudge in the direction of a tutorial would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Sleepy_Soul said:

Heya LL folks,

Messing around with BodySlide and Outfit Studio, and I came across an oddity I can't get past with my usual trial & error / headdesk-until-it-works.

I'm trying to add in a body slider from one body type to another. The outfit / clothing appears to work, but the base body underneath the clothes doesn't appear to change in BodySlide along with the clothes.

Any tips / a nudge in the direction of a tutorial would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

Try starting a new project and load the outfit .nif from your original project from the BodySlide/ShapeData folder. Conform the sliders, delete the old reference shape, and save the new project.

Not 100% sure if this was what you meant onesumgame, but I reversed the procedure by bringing the body with the slider I wanted first, then brought in the outfit I wanted to convert over it in a similar matter to Brain Poof's YouTube tutorial, and now it's working alright. Now it's back to fudging around with meshes - thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sleepy_Soul said:

Not 100% sure if this was what you meant onesumgame, but I reversed the procedure by bringing the body with the slider I wanted first, then brought in the outfit I wanted to convert over it in a similar matter to Brain Poof's YouTube tutorial, and now it's working alright. Now it's back to fudging around with meshes - thanks!

Yes, exactly what I meant ?

I take it that you want to add a new morph from an .OBJ file?

IIRC from my experience with Skyrim's UUNP Bodyslide:

The actual default reference body from Outfit Studio ("CBBE Body" etc) does not accept any new sliders that aren't Zap Sliders. What you need to do is to simply make a duplicate of the reference, and conform this to the CBBE sliders before adding your own custom morphs on top.

Archived