Slowdown/crumbling of 'sex framework' mods, and which are still in the works?

Daguy

Hey guys.

I've not been around too much, as I have been spending time away fromt he computer recently, and in older games like Morrowind when I do play. I'm still waiting on all the Skyrim DLC to be released before really getting into it.

However, I have noticed that the adult modding scene, at least as far as actual sex, seems to have drastically slowed. ASX seems to have gone inactive, if it hasn't been abandoned entirely (which is a shame, because it actually seemed to be catering to lesbian characters, with pussy eating and scissoring, and awesoem animations). MiniLovers seems to have accomplished whatever its creators wanted, and hasn't had any updates i've seen recently. I hold out hope it was a 'test run' for a fullscale Lovers mod. DocClox has had to but his mod on hold due to life, and even if not its probobly still over a year away from even a beta release. AP has had some updates, but the animations are a little meh, and its creator (understandably) lives in a bitter rage at life.

Nothing like Sexout has sprung up, which was and is a suprise to be considering the games popularity, and the animation problem was 'solved' (so to speak). It seems all efforts are smallscale (except for DocClox, whose is more a sex mod than a framework) and suffering for it.

I'm not complaining, or whining, or entitled, like I say i'm not even playing Skyrim much (if at all) until more/all the DLC is released. Its hardly bothering me. I'm just noting the reality. By this point in its life, I don't think Oblivion was even at a stable version of Lovers.

FO3 never got anything beyond AP and Sexus, which was actually enough. Morrowind only got Lovers and Legends, and the MHX alpha. So, what Skyrim does have is already more than they got.

I thought i'd just post and see if anyone who has been keeping a closer eye would be kind enough to chip in on what is still being worked on, and what might have been missed?

Realistically, it's still early in the mod cycle for Skyrim. We aren't even past the one year mark yet. I'd wager we won't see anything truly substantial crop up until around the two-year mark.

The animations issue, though more or less solved, is still such that it will probably hinder larger scale development of anims. We've got a variety of humanoid stuff, but nary a trace of anything creature related, and object-related anims are limited pretty exclusively to ZaZ at the moment (and even those are simply poses, which I personally prefer but don't at all constitute a true sex framework or mod per se).

It does sadden me to see ASX biting the dust, though. It blows the hell out of AP, and I found its planned features far more palatable than MiniLovers' very... game-like implementation. Not to mention the rape content is a complete turnoff. The only other mod featuring any kind of sexual content like a brothel or some other lore-friendly, non-rapey method of fucking is Sexy Maids of Skyrim, and that's only just wrapping Episode 2; sex won't even begin until Ep 3, and you'll have to beat it first (and this is all assuming Enter77 hasn't been brickwalled by an invisible data limit in the CK, he's having a lot of problems getting it to remember the complex interactions and point systems he's using now that two episodes are basically done).

He's having a lot of problems getting it to remember the complex interactions and point systems he's using now that two episodes are basically done).

I haven't used the Construction Set for Oblivion at all so far but didn't people create quests for Oblivion that were like 2-3 times the scale of Sexy Maids of Skyrim? Why on earth did Bethesda give us a tool that's far too inferior to the one they had for their previous game?...

Well, until Fore stabilized FNIS with the 3.0 version, having a central sexout-like mod really wasn't feasible. When I say "stabilized", I don't mean bug-wise. What I'm referring to was a way for animators to easily make animations available without Fore having to assign slots, basically getting rid of the record keeping on his part. Since his update to 3.0, look at the number of sex, dance, and other animations mods that have been added since then. Before it was ASX, Forbidden Romance, and a couple dance/pose mods. Josh refuse to make AP completely usable with FNIS (<= 2.1) because of a perceived slight (something about Fore not wanting Josh to package FNIS with AP). Now, we have Niruins Business Plan (nice little prost mod), AP has jumped back on the FNIS wagon, Mini-Lovers (Jexsam - you can turn off the "rape" stuff), a strip club, a drinking/eating animation (was already there, but made FNIS usable), etc. Granted ASX becoming MIA currently (especially with the proposed changes they were talking about), and Forbidden Romance being currently hidden (by the author, and right before it went hidden, he posted that he would be updating soon, so hopefully that's what he doing), have dulled the experience a bit, I see it only as growing now. It would be nice if DocClox could reinvigorate Sexrim (which sounded like it was heading towards a Sexout-like mod). Hopefully he can get re-energized soon (take all the time you need dude :D ). But as I said, I don't really see a slow-down. If fact, I see it only increasing now. And remember, Oblivion was not sexed out in day (or month, or year, or two). It took a while for it to get to a good level. And mods like CLS are keeping it somewhat fresh there. Skyrim will get there, and as I said, with Fore working on improving FNIS, I think the mods will come a lot faster :D . (there's a pill for that right ?)

Archived