I am the dumb. Help please.

I assure you, I've read the FAQs, did innumerable google searches, and am completely aware of how noobish this is, but here we go anyway.

I'm trying to work the following: sexout, sexout tryout, and sexout slavery. Despite reading and re-reading the FAQ threads and other help threads, I know I fucked up installation somewhere or rather. I am so completely new to this and tbh, the wording on related threads went so over my head. This is my fault, and I hate asking for help, but I'm so, so, so completely lost.

I've read several FER DUMBIES threads by users trying to explain this stuff, and again, I hate to ask, but I'm still entirely in the dark.

If anyone could explain, in as easy to understand terms as possible, how to install sexout, sexout tryouts, and sexout slavery, I'd appreciate it forevarz.

The info is contained within each thread on how to install.

1) Start with sexoutNG. There are 4 bits to it: Sexout Data.fomod (mediafire link at the top of the page), Sexout Core.fomod (attachment at the bottom of the OP), NVSE (nvse.silverlock.org), and the NVSE Extender (http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5965).

2) Read ALL of the info for NVSE at their site. Download NVSE version 3beta2 (it HAS to be this version). Unzip the files and put the .dll and .exe files in the same folder as the fallout launcher (fallout new vegas). Do NOT use a mod manager to install NVSE, it puts it in the data folder, not where it should go.

3) Download NVSE extender and unzip it. Take the files and put them in the ../fallout new vegas/data/nvse/plugins folder. If the folder path does not exist, create it. Do NOT use a mod manager to install the extender - again it will put the files in the wrong place.

4) DO use a mod manager (FOMM, NMM, whatever) to install the Core.fomod and the Data.fomod. If using NMM, when you install the second one, it will ask to replace. Hit 'No' and it will install correctly.

5) Next download and install Mod Configuration Manager from Nexus (if you haven't already done so).

6) Next SCR (Sexout Common Resources). This is more complicated because of all of the extras that need to be installed. I won't go into specifics here because it would take too long, but read the entire OP for SCR, then read it again, then read it a third time. There is a lot to download and you have to disable the esps on most supplemental things you download. If you are not going to run soStore or soPregnancy, then most items you don't need to download. The actual SCR files are attahed at the bottom of the post. You need 2 files - the 'base' (just labeled as sexoutcommonresources with a date - get the most recent one) and the 'data' (same label as 'base' but with 'data'). The 'baby' one it not needed unless running soPregnancy. But again, READ THE ENTIRE OP. It is vital.

7) Troyouts - again, read the entire OP. There are some prerequisites (SexoutSlavery and SmallerTalk for example). So again, read the OP 2-3 times and make sure you install every prerequisite. The files are attached to the bottom of the OP.

Just to note, some of the files you get are fomods, some are zipped (7z, zip, rar), and these can be installed through you preferred mod manager. Others are just the naked esp files. You either zip them and then let the mod manager handle adding and installing, or just manually add them to the data folder. If using FOMM, I think you can add the esp through it's interface as well (I don't use it, but that is my understanding). Also, download and install BOSS (from Nexus). It will handle load ordering of most mods for FONV (including the sexout mods). BUT you will need to verify the load order of sexout - sometimes BOSS puts Pregnancy in the wrong spot (according to others, I don't use the Pregnancy mod myself). Look in SCR OP and it has the current suggested mod order of the sexout esm files. Make sure they are in that order. You should be able to launch cleanly from this point. From then on, it's deciding what other sexout mods you want and installing them. ALWAYS read the OP for each mod entirely looking specifically for prerequisites. If it says something is required, then believe it. Finally, if you have any further issues read the stickied post in the texhnical section for suggestions before posting. If you still need to post, include your load order, preferably within [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ] tags (take out the spaces). FOMM can export this, NMM has a way to get it (but I keep forgetting how, I believe it's a text/XML files located somewhere) or you can just manually copy the list or do screen captures of the load order. Good Luck and Happy Sexout...

If you can't follow that I'm not sure anyone can explain it any easier. It's not difficult, you just need to be sure you get everything.

The first thing you need to do is just worry about 1 mod at a time. get sexout installed correctly, then add a plugin and see if it uses sexout right. Then go from there. A common mistake is people come to the site and they want to get every mod available working for them right away.

I don't expect every mod to be available and insta-working for me, that isn't the issue. However, you're right about needing to worry about one blasted thing at a time. That's probably my biggest issue. (It's just all so shiny and awethum!)

Quick update. Just manually installed NVSE V3 into my new vegas folder. Not data, just the root nv folder inside of steamapps.

I'm at a loss for what to do now, however.

"Install the extender by extracting the contents to the data/nvse/plugins directory."

Do I make a new folder inside of data, with my mods and such, or ought there already be an nvse folder already there that I'm missing?

Alllright. I think I'm down to one last issue, and then hopefully we're good.

When it comes to sex scenes, even if I start in third person, I'm suddenly looking at the inside of my character's head as the npc kinda merges into it. Occasionally both will be lying on their sides within a reddish triangle.

I downloaded the required skeleton and thought I followed the directions on the nexus page, but blargh.

Alllright. I think I'm down to one last issue' date=' and then hopefully we're good.

When it comes to sex scenes, even if I start in third person, I'm suddenly looking at the inside of my character's head as the npc kinda merges into it. Occasionally both will be lying on their sides within a reddish triangle.

I downloaded the required skeleton and thought I followed the directions on the nexus page, but blargh.

[/quote']

In the Sexout MCM options, use the telephoto camera option with a duration of .5 - 1.5 seconds or so. Should help with your camera inside the head issue somewhat.

For my Compatability Skeleton, make sure the first person skeleton is in data\meshes\characters\_1stperson\ and the 3rd person skeleton is in data\meshes\characters\_male\.

If you're bodies are meshing together i'm pretty sure it's because you're missing prideslayer's nvse extender. I had the same issue. I am happy to see you're making progress though.

Just a suggestion, when you get it working with everything you want, make a backup (just copy the folder) somewhere safe so in case you mess it up (rather when, everyone messes up their install eventually) you have something you can just replace it.

If you're bodies are meshing together i'm pretty sure it's because you're missing prideslayer's nvse extender. I had the same issue. I am happy to see you're making progress though.

Just a suggestion' date=' when you get it working with everything you want, make a backup (just copy the folder) somewhere safe so in case you mess it up (rather when, everyone messes up their install eventually) you have something you can just replace it.

[/quote']

Oh man, I've made that mistake. Of not making backups, anyway. Not doing that one again.

I'm almost certain that nvse extender is working now, but I can always be wrong. I installed nvse manually into the main new vegas folder, and then mod configuration menu through fomm. After installing mcm, I installed the extender manually, in the data folder, nvse plugins, etc.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins

I am happy to see you're making progress though.

Ha! Thank you, me too. I hate feeling so stupid and asking for help so much, but at the same time this is insanely satisfying. The mods are also so bitchin' and I can't wait to contribute in some way.

I had everything, but not everything was in the correct place. Hooray!

So now sexout is working, except that for some reason the animations for oral sex and canine sex don't work. Basically, I'm just being an anally retentive hosemonkey at this point, because 95% of this is now working. Much love to everyone for all the help and the abundance of patience. <3

Now, just to learn some code monkeying myself so we can have some Femdom mods >D

Archived