Editing a default skin

I would like to edit a default skin, Luumia's Vanilla skin for males to be more specific, to be compatible with the Lunar Eclipse penis (I already have the penis texture files, as well as a tutorial, which can be found here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3436-sims-4-lunar-eclipse-new-hd-penis-model-hard-and-soft-ver-updatewickedwhims-compatible/ ).

But unfortunately, the tutorial only covers Photoshop which Is a big problem for me because my free trial ended about a month ago. I of course tried uninstalling Photoshop and then download and install it again using a new account, but as it turns out, free trials are machine specific and not account specific which means that it can only be installed once per machine. So I am asking if it is possible to extract each skin texture (all 20 of them) as a png file and then add the penis texture (which will also be converted to a png file) in paint.net and then import the edited files back into skininator or S4S? This method works for skintones so I'm assuming it might work for skin textures too. Or could someone explain how to do it in Gimp, which might be a bit difficult seeing as Gimp doesn't have the channels tab like Photoshop and I really have no idea how to edit that in Gimp. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

@KissMyAxe87  what you can do is take LunarEclipses penis, add a new CAS swatch, and make that swatch match whatever skintone you are using by setting it's composition method to 3

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/7295-tools-and-tricks/

Make a Package Blend with Skintones

Hide contents

-- Open up a package in S4S and select the warehouse tab

-- select a swatch, aka "CAS Part" from the list on the left.

-- Find "composition method" on the Right-hand side, and set this value to 3.

-- Your diffuse texture for this swatch will now blend with the skintones in game.

-- best practice is to use a swatch with a greyscale diffuse texture- you can better see how much light and shade you are adding.

Spoiler

image.png.d82a17f32aff4c058724c663dfc07c2a.png

so you can either import a greyscale diffuse texture into your set of penis skintones tattoos/skindetails, or import it directly into the penis file that contains the object mesh. just make sure the composition method is set to 3 in the warehouse for that swatch. If you use a greyscale texture it will look grey in sims 4 studio

On 8/20/2018 at 12:55 AM, crabb said:

@KissMyAxe87  what you can do is take LunarEclipses penis, add a new CAS swatch, and make that swatch match whatever skintone you are using by setting it's composition method to 3

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/7295-tools-and-tricks/

Make a Package Blend with Skintones

Hide contents

-- Open up a package in S4S and select the warehouse tab

-- select a swatch, aka "CAS Part" from the list on the left.

-- Find "composition method" on the Right-hand side, and set this value to 3.

-- Your diffuse texture for this swatch will now blend with the skintones in game.

-- best practice is to use a swatch with a greyscale diffuse texture- you can better see how much light and shade you are adding.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d82a17f32aff4c058724c663dfc07c2a.png

so you can either import a greyscale diffuse texture into your set of penis skintones tattoos/skindetails, or import it directly into the penis file that contains the object mesh. just make sure the composition method is set to 3 in the warehouse for that swatch. If you use a greyscale texture it will look grey in sims 4 studio

I think that editing the penis mesh itself and adding the texture might be a bit ambitious for me since I'm a beginner who barely knows anything about using sims 4 studio (the only things I have learned so far is how to batch fix, change the category of a few skin details and accessories and edit skintones and literally nothing else), but I want to give it a try and see how it goes. Also, when i imported the default replacement penis I noticed that it has three swatches and that each swatch contains multiple "CAS part" files which are all tagged as either male or female. Do I need to set the composition method for all CAS parts for all three swatches, or just for all CAS parts that are tagged as male (I only need it to work for male sims)? Or do I need to do it for a specific swatch? Also, thank you for the help.

This file im working with is a little weird because the CAS swatches in the studio and the warehouse don't match up in quantity, number, or color... I just want to point out that I've rarely seen this. Sometimes people will release multiple files and they are dependent on each other to work. The extra stuff in the warehouse might be referencing the other Lunar package files.

My easiest solution for this was attaching a diffuse texture right on the mesh, because it will always match your skintone when you wear the item and you never need to apply a tattoo to cover it. If I was dead set on setting this up I would set composition method to 3 on all the CAS parts, for all Lunar's the mesh files (not the tattoos), and import the grey diffuse texture for every swatch I saw in those files. I can't test this for myself right now so I can't send you down that path in confidence

The safe option to get this working is to make one of the tattoo swatches blend with your skin tone. So I will tell you how to do that

- - - -

EDIT:   for anyone reading this please make sure you have another saved copy of this file as a backup before you begin making edits

Open up one of the tattoo files and pick a swatch you dont care about or dont use. pick one that's easy to spot I had trouble with red. If you know how to change the swatch thumbnail color you can do that.  You could try one of the swatches in the vamp or alien tattoo files for this. its the same instructions

go to studio tab up top, select one of the color swatches from the row, I picked red

Now go down to the texture tab

highlight ---> diffuse

click ---> import texture, find your greyscale file on your comp and select it

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2d2a48a0b0fd8474e8a0d4cb203e039b.png

Go over to warehouse, find the matching color of the cas part you selected. I did a bad job picking red here, I had a hard time telling the difference on my screen.

Set the composition method to 3 this for this swatch/ "CAS Part"

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.79582e44163df5c98faf7c3836f3180d.png

Save the file and you are done

Load up your game and check to see if this swatch is matching/blending with whatever skintone you are using. I just want to add that when I am messing with files that my sims are dependent on, I usually try to check on a few sims and play for a little bit to make sure nothings wrong before saving my game in case I made some mistake inside of S4S.

If you are wearing one of those full body skin masks that has it's own built in skintone, I have no idea how it will work. If you try this and it doesn't work let me know and I will try to fix a file for you. Good luck

On 8/20/2018 at 6:13 PM, crabb said:

This file im working with is a little weird because the CAS swatches in the studio and the warehouse don't match up in quantity, number, or color... I just want to point out that I've rarely seen this. Sometimes people will release multiple files and they are dependent on each other to work. The extra stuff in the warehouse might be referencing the other Lunar package files.

My easiest solution for this was attaching a diffuse texture right on the mesh, because it will always match your skintone when you wear the item and you never need to apply a tattoo to cover it. If I was dead set on setting this up I would set composition method to 3 on all the CAS parts, for all Lunar's the mesh files (not the tattoos), and import the grey diffuse texture for every swatch I saw in those files. I can't test this for myself right now so I can't send you down that path in confidence

The safe option to get this working is to make one of the tattoo swatches blend with your skin tone. So I will tell you how to do that

- - - -

Open up one of the tattoo files and pick a swatch you dont care about or dont use. pick one that's easy to spot I had trouble with red. If you know how to change the swatch thumbnail color you can do that.  You could try one of the swatches in the vamp or alien tattoo files for this. its the same instructions

go to studio tab up top, select one of the color swatches from the row, I picked red

Now go down to the texture tab

highlight ---> diffuse

click ---> import texture, find your greyscale file on your comp and select it

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.2d2a48a0b0fd8474e8a0d4cb203e039b.png

Go over to warehouse, find the matching color of the cas part you selected. I did a bad job picking red here, I had a hard time telling the difference on my screen.

Set the composition method to 3 this for this swatch/ "CAS Part"

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.79582e44163df5c98faf7c3836f3180d.png

Save the file and you are done

Load up your game and check to see if this swatch is matching/blending with whatever skintone you are using. I just want to add that when I am messing with files that my sims are dependent on, I usually try to check on a few sims and play for a little bit to make sure nothings wrong before saving my game in case I made some mistake inside of S4S.

If you are wearing one of those full body skin masks that has it's own built in skintone, I have no idea how it will work. If you try this and it doesn't work let me know and I will try to fix a file for you. Good luck

Thanks, but It would be a lot more convenient, at least for me, if the penis texture were attached to the default skin texture or skintone because then I wouldn't have to edit every single male sim in all my saves and equip the tattoo overlay which is a very tedious task. I also tried editing all three penis models (the default one and the two cas only ones) and I made sure to change the composition method for every single CAS part file and imported the grey texture (the regular texture, not the alpha) in the diffuse tab for every swatch and the result is very weird. The default penis actually looks pretty decent, but the other two... not so much.

Here is the default version in cas and in live mode:

1053448619_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.85eeca9fefe3913a5c6ab5d9eb9fcd7d.png

1937218861_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.54eef7f9f148264c1422b91d9db697a7.png

And these are the other two:

1785963051_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.c146eae6ab9587cdecf30a94f81d63e4.png56700155_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.5b67344a38f0aec9754a1b54d6f7af7e.png1768346229_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.1756f14783b5827ee1c9608ba034cf8d.png1885751173_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.2b087f16662ebd8a2ef73ba07d9bd577.png

It's either something I did wrong (which is more likely seeing as I literally just started learning how to use s4s) or something with the penis itself.. I really don't know.

@KissMyAxe87

If I were to say what I think I am looking at in these pictures, #1 functions correctly, #2 there is no texture being applied to the penis here #3 it looks like you imported the diffuse map correctly but the composition method is still set to 0 and not 3.  composition 0 will show the real color you imported and won't blend with the skintone

edit: i know theres a couple lunar files can you tell me which one is in each of the photos

I don't know where you're at on this currently but yeah, in S4S warehouse you can export the Luumia Vanilla default skins, paste the grey penis texture on top of them and import them back in in the warehouse tab. This is directly answering your first question, I'm sorry but I really believed covering the penis itself would be quickest solution for you and it's what I would've done for myself. because it avoids future problems.

If you dont like the level of brightness you will have to redo it for all the skins. If you change over to noir's penis, you will need to start over and do the same thing with the Noir skin. The penis from both these creators are located in the same texture space, they easily conflict.

I read that you are not familiar with paint.net these are the commands for merging layers

on paint.net you copy the entire penis image file

go over to your Luumia Vanilla body skin file,

paste clipboard to new layer

shift + ctrl + V

merge layer down

ctrl + M

This is how Luumi'a Vanilla skin should look merged, sorry I just used a purple one on here. use a grey one

lunarPaste.thumb.PNG.849ca427f49aacd54c19eb6aa9638108.PNG

1 hour ago, crabb said:

@KissMyAxe87

If I were to say what I think I am looking at in these pictures, #1 functions correctly, #2 there is no texture being applied to the penis here #3 it looks like you imported the diffuse map correctly but the composition method is still set to 0 and not 3.  composition 0 will show the real color you imported and won't blend with the skintone

edit: i know theres a couple lunar files can you tell me which one is in each of the photos

Sure

First and second pic: LunarEclipse-MFBottoms[SoftPenis]_Defaults

Third and fourth: LunarEclipse-MFBottoms[SoftPenis]_CASONLY

Fifth and sixth: LunarEclipse-MFBottoms[HardPenis]_CAS

Those are the exact names of the files.

It could be a skintone problem. Perhaps you did everything correct but there is no tone underneath to blend.

See spoiler, everything covered in the blue box is what a base game or custom skintone covers. Lunar extended this color to cover the spot where he keeps his penis on the texture space. The file is called 

LunarEclipse-NudeSkinsets[HDPenis]BaseGame_DefaultOverrides.package

located in the download

LunarEclipse-HDPenisModel[Sims4]SkinDEFAULTS_BaseGame.rar

If you are wondering why any of this space is blank at all, it's because it is reserved for other items that go on your body. I've included what's called a "UV map" for the Sims 4 body. when you compare the two images, you will see why the skin tone is limited to a certain area.

If you have any skintone default replacers I would change them out for the lunarEclipse skintone I mentioned. And see if your meshes from pics 3-4-5-6 are blending. You can keep your Luumia Vanilla Skin Overlay default. That's for features and shading, this Lunar file is for color

Spoiler

Lunar's skintone

image.png.7ff8a48a6162305a96827d3f0398965b.png

UV map

image.thumb.png.6586d38921183673fc448c890009e55d.png

1 hour ago, crabb said:

I don't know where you're at on this currently but yeah, in S4S warehouse you can export the Luumia Vanilla default skins, paste the grey penis texture on top of them and import them back in in the warehouse tab. This is directly answering your first question, I'm sorry but I really believed covering the penis itself would be quickest solution for you and it's what I would've done for myself. because it avoids future problems.

If you dont like the level of brightness you will have to redo it for all the skins. If you change over to noir's penis, you will need to start over and do the same thing with the Noir skin. The penis from both these creators are located in the same texture space, they easily conflict.

I read that you are not familiar with paint.net these are the commands for merging layers

on paint.net you copy the entire penis image file

go over to your Luumia Vanilla body skin file,

paste clipboard to new layer

shift + ctrl + V

merge layer down

ctrl + M

This is how Luumi'a Vanilla skin should look merged, sorry I just used a purple one on here. use a grey one

lunarPaste.thumb.PNG.849ca427f49aacd54c19eb6aa9638108.PNG

So I just need the regular penis texture and not the alpha one since I will be editing the skin as a png file? Also, I use Noir's penis alongside Lunar's so I can have a little more variety but I always make sure to use Noir's skin detail overlay since it's a non default and the only texture conflict I noticed was that the butt is a little weird but it's not much of a problem for me as it can be fixed with a different skin overlay and also because I only use it as part of a nude outfit for a few sims. Thank you so much for all your help.

I think you will need lunars default skintone replacement as the base

and you will need to add the greyscale lunar penis texture into all your male Lummia Vanilla overlays. import them back into the warehouse. make sure you have the correct texture file highlighted in the warehouse when you hit import.

you can erase the butt part from that Noir overlay if you find it odd looking, its not needed. just keep the penis texture portion unchanged you'll see where it is.  export the diffuse map, edit it, and import it back in.

Save that UV map I posted it will be your guide if you want to make future texture edits for your game. good luck!

On 8/22/2018 at 12:09 AM, crabb said:

I think you will need lunars default skintone replacement as the base

and you will need to add the greyscale lunar penis texture into all your male Lummia Vanilla overlays. import them back into the warehouse. make sure you have the correct texture file highlighted in the warehouse when you hit import.

you can erase the butt part from that Noir overlay if you find it odd looking, its not needed. just keep the penis texture portion unchanged you'll see where it is.  export the diffuse map, edit it, and import it back in.

Save that UV map I posted it will be your guide if you want to make future texture edits for your game. good luck!

I just finished editing and then testing out the skin and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for helping.

Archived