Recolor of King's Door permits female sims to use it when WW is installed

I have the latest version of WickedWhims and it works perfectly in all regards except for one detail, which is any mod, no matter how constructed, of the King's Door (a male-only door) will permit female sims to enter the door from either direction.

This happens on a clean, fresh install (not an overwrite) of WickedWhims even when there's zero LoversLab mods added.

I eliminated all other mods as being an issue. It only occurs with WickedWhims. 

To test, below is a "recolor" of the King's Door -- it isn't modified in any way whatsoever other than being its own standalone copy.  It works without WW installed, fails with WW installed.

drive.google.com/open?id=1T1aAFCgefrnRBFiTsFLtFzX6nRr5nGAv

I'm suspecting that somehow there's coding in WW that specifically identifies the King's Door by its object ID rather than its tuning ID.

The King's door tuning name is object_Door_Gender_Male with Tuning ID 118137.

Any door using this combination should be treated the same way as the King's Door.

Thanks in advance for any help.

36 minutes ago, Vengeance_11 said:

I believe WW overrides such things so that NPCs don't break anything when choosing sex locations.

The actual King's Door works.  Copies of it do not. The copies/mods based on the King's Door need to be treated like a King's Door. Same tuning code.

• 2 weeks later...

If the door uses gender tests then it won't work, WickedWhims allows NPC Sims going to have sex to bypass these doors and playable Sims can go though these types of doors no matter what.

This is so Sims can have a greater range of locations for sex. If a bathroom at a club is locked for either male or female then bathrooms are complete ignored and this is a way to go around it.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:21 AM, TURBODRIVER said:

If the door uses gender tests then it won't work, WickedWhims allows NPC Sims going to have sex to bypass these doors and playable Sims can go though these types of doors no matter what.

This is so Sims can have a greater range of locations for sex. If a bathroom at a club is locked for either male or female then bathrooms are complete ignored and this is a way to go around it.

Females do not go through the base game King's door. If you attempt to direct a female sim you're playing to pass through a King's door (with the door handle on the left signifying the front of the door, the side with the Males Only sign on it), she'll give you the bad path reaction.

The door I have uses the exact same tuning as the King's door. It should therefore work like the King's door.

I have done some testing.

Test #1:

With WW installed, and creating a brand new game, I created a new sim family consisting of one adult female.

I then put her on the 20x15 Daisy Hovel lot.  I walled off the kitchen area, put a regular door on it, and then swapped out the existing bathroom door for a base game (unmodified) King's Door.

The female sim could enter the walled-off kitchen (having a normal door) but was not able to pass through the king's door into the bathroom, giving the bad path reaction. Even quitting Sims 4, relaunching it, and then reloading that game did not allow her to go through the King's Door.

Test #2:

On that same game, I went to NewCrest and created a new sim family consisting of 1 female adult sim and placed her on the 20x15 Oak Alcove lot.  I then built a house consisting of two rooms with a normal front door and the King's door leading to the second room.

The female sim was able to pass through the King's door.

So I have been seeing the behavior that I would want in Test#1, but only because WW is somehow not consistently enforcing the all-sims-can-pass-through-all-doors rule that you mention (as shown from the different outcomes between test #1 and test #2).

Edit:

My testing was somehow flawed.  I can't reproduce it a second time, in that they're now always going through the king's doors on all lots, regardless, which actually was my original issue.

Disappointing. I can understand that you took measures to overcome the base game tuning for the sake of preserving potential scenarios, but it does make producing an all-gay-male bar nearly impossible.  Previously, I would just slap a door having the King's door tuning on the front of the building and be done with it and all the females in the game would be locked out of it without having to have the Get Together expansion and messing with the club door and subsequently clubs.

55 minutes ago, TURBODRIVER said:

If you want to prevent males or females from entering the lot, I think there is a Lot Trait you can use. I don't remember where or who made it, but I would recommend looking for it.

Thank you for the advice. I have not tested them yet, but the trait is available here

• 1 year later...

I am having a very similar problem, I know it's a setting in WW, selecting said setting is easy, but finding said setting is fecking impossible to find in the WW settings, finding this setting is like a damn needle in a hay stack the size of Australia, I have checked in all the available settings of WW and cannot find it for some retarded reason, this is where a photographic memory would come in handy for me.

Edit: Going over this again and apparently it kept missing me or I kept missing it, if you have issues with gender specific doors, the setting is in Autonomy Awareness which is in the Sex Settings under Autonomy Settings, why is that hard for me or anyone like me to remember?