How Modable is Mass Effect 3?

Silk

Unfortunately most of the modding is little more than playing with textures. It is more hacking than modding. Both take skill so don't read any insult into that. There reason for this is there are no tools to effectively mod anything. You will have to make or modify a toolset first and then go from there. Most games without a dedicated toolset (or one that can be easily adapted to use and existing toolset) just don't get modded. There are exceptions to this but I don't think ME 3 will have that. At most you will see improved textures and altered armors is my guess.

As was stated, because single player and multiplayer are tied together (which was a horrible idea in the first place) if you alter stats of things, you could get banned even though you don't play multiplayer. That ban would render your game unplayable even for single player. That is the other reason I don't think you will see many mods.

Unfortunately most of the modding is little more than playing with textures. It is more hacking than modding. Both take skill so don't read any insult into that. There reason for this is there are no tools to effectively mod anything. You will have to make or modify a toolset first and then go from there. Most games without a dedicated toolset (or one that can be easily adapted to use and existing toolset) just don't get modded. There are exceptions to this but I don't think ME 3 will have that. At most you will see improved textures and altered armors is my guess.

As was stated' date=' because single player and multiplayer are tied together (which was a horrible idea in the first place) if you alter stats of things, you could get banned even though you don't play multiplayer. That ban would render your game unplayable even for single player. That is the other reason I don't think you will see many mods.

[/quote']

You can do a little more than that thanks to Warranty Voider and his "ME3 Explorer". :)

No' date=' you won't be able to mod in a better ending.

[/quote']

Never say 'never'.

Unless you like the taste of feet or hats....:P

To be serious you are probably going to be correct in this as doing so would be a monumental task that bioware would fight tooth and nail over.

If I ever when the lotto I plan on spending a chunk of change to hire some folks to change the ending just to flip the bird at bioware.

Archived