Companion Creation

Mailamea

You may want to be more specific in setting the conditions in order to be sure it was the player who killed the NPC if that is desired. In that case you'd use an OnDeath block to set a quest variable and use GetQuestVariable as your condition to advance the quest. You can even use an OnDeath that specifically only works if the player killed the NPC if required like so:

I found you should put GetDead on a timer as it seemed to be false triggering on NPC's when they passed through doors/traveled etc.

Obviously this would be a script attached to the NPC who is checking if they've been killed by the Player.

So use something like:

if Actor.GetDead > 0
  Set iDeadTimer to iDeadTimer + 1
else
  Set iDeadTimer to 0
endif

if iDeadTimer > 9
  ; *** Actor is 99.99% likely to be dead, do stuff
endif

You can use GetDead as a condition for your quest but it will fire no matter how the NPC dies or who kills them (if anyone does, they might fall to their death).

As for assigning them as a quest target, that will just give the player a quest marker that follows the NPC around so they know who they need to kill if that's desired.

Also is it possible to make the player or my companion use diff animations, like specialanims.esp mods for oblivion?

Or creating a token where when worn uses the other animation instead?

I want to make Mhia hold her gun different and run different from anyone else.

Need help regarding Quest.

Before the companion can be recruited you will need to finish her quest first.

How can I make the quest start once you picked up a certain item' date=' preferably a note.

[/quote']

You would do something like the following as a script attached to the note itself so it fires when picked up:

scn NoteStartsQuest

int doOnce

Begin OnAdd Player
   If doOnce == 0
       StartQuest QuestToStart
       Set doOnce to 1
   Endif
End

Ok I need a dialog help for :

Different choice if pc is " male or female"

If has perk la chech fem or lady killer.

How to add speech and skill check"

Thanks

For male or female you would use the condition of GetIsSex ' date=' choose the gender you want to check for, and set the value to check for as 1. Run on Target.

For the perk, use the condition HasPerk and then pick the perk from the dropdown list of perks. Run on Target.

For speech/skill checks, check Loogie's tutorial.

Need help regarding Quest.

Before the companion can be recruited you will need to finish her quest first.

How can I make the quest start once you picked up a certain item' date=' preferably a note.

[/quote']

You would do something like the following as a script attached to the note itself so it fires when picked up:

scn NoteStartsQuest

int doOnce

Begin OnAdd Player
   If doOnce == 0
       StartQuest QuestToStart
       Set doOnce to 1
   Endif
End

But you can't attach scripts to notes? I tried making the clutter a note, but now it won't appear in your notes tab

Ok I need a dialog help for :

Different choice if pc is " male or female"

If has perk la chech fem or lady killer.

How to add speech and skill check"

Thanks

For male or female you would use the condition of GetIsSex ' date=' choose the gender you want to check for, and set the value to check for as 1. Run on Target.

For the perk, use the condition HasPerk and then pick the perk from the dropdown list of perks. Run on Target.

For speech/skill checks, check Loogie's tutorial.

Thank you very much :)

Oh while your back could you check this out, if possible you can help me out, im really lost.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12806

Also is it possible to make the player or my companion use diff animations' date=' like specialanims.esp mods for oblivion?

Or creating a token where when worn uses the other animation instead?

I want to make Mhia hold her gun different and run different from anyone else.

[/quote']

You can assign animations just like Oblivion. Add the anim to the appropriate idle category under the correct header. Open the NPC record, go to animation tab, uncheck the vanilla anim and check the new anim you added.

But you can't attach scripts to notes? I tried making the clutter a note' date=' but now it won't appear in your notes tab

[/quote']

You would change the script to the following (attached to the clutter item, not a Note item):

scn NoteStartsQuest

int doOnce

Begin OnAdd Player
   If doOnce == 0
       StartQuest QuestToStart
       AddNote NoteToAdd
       Set doOnce to 1
   Endif
End

Note that you'll need BOTH a clutter item and a Note to add. If you want to, you can even add "RemoveMe" as a script command in the above code instead of the doOnce checks, like so:

scn NoteStartsQuest

Begin OnAdd Player
   StartQuest QuestToStart
   AddNote NoteToAdd
   RemoveMe
End

That way the clutter item gets removed from their inventory after it has done its job. They'll still retain the Note item.

Wow.....

Words cannot express how good she looks. She looks more life like then Willow.

Well she is based on my oblivion character' date=' and my cheeks. LOL :D

[/quote']

Yeah, I do kinda wanna pinch her cheeks while saying "aren't you cutesy wootsy?". And then she'd kick me in the nuts and I'd return to my senses and suggest deathclaw hunting.

Wow.....

[/quote']

Yeah, I do kinda wanna pinch her cheeks while saying "aren't you cutesy wootsy?". And then she'd kick me in the nuts and I'd return to my senses and suggest deathclaw hunting.

Lol hahahahaha, that made my day :) :) :):D

Astymma, in time after everything is set in the worldspace, i will need your help. A lot. Lol. What i did is make everything exist, the icons, npcs, items, locations, enemies, and recorded the dialog already. So when i place it all on the world space, i only need to deal with the quests , scripts, and stuff etc. Thats when i'll ask you lol. Got mad when i can't get the quest to work, so i focus aesthetics for now.

Wow.....

[/quote']

Yeah she most likely would and call you a dirty old git :P Kidding of course.

Hmmmmm.....Mai just gave me another idea. ;) Coming to think of it Mhia looks more like you then you think Mai :P

Hmmmmm.....Mai just gave me another idea. ;) Coming to think of it Mhia looks more like you then you think Mai :P

You just thought of that now? lol you are slow. Mhia/Mai doesn't it sound familiar already?

You just thought of that now? lol you are slow. Mhia/Mai doesn't it sound familiar already?

Yes it does :dodgy: I'm just saying if you use some HD textures you might be able to make her look human instead of computer graphics.

Just noticed this, a few questions:

1- will any work be done to optimize the combat AI for the companion ?

2- will any work be done so that during combat the companion stands out (animations, behavior, vocals, etc)

3- Obligitory joke about how will she ever do all the sex mod related vocals :P .

edit: seriously tho this should be the F3/NV version of Vilia I hope.

@kuroshu: what do you mean?

@kashiwaba : 1 - yes, I am understanding ai package of other popular companion mod, and thinking of modifying her own.

2 - yes , she will have her own animations, as for combat, she will comment out stuff in combat situations, like vanilla companions.

3 - not really sure about this one, since I am not able to run any sexout mod so far.

There's already a villa for NV, called "Willow". I was inspired by her, the main reason I wanted to make one.

@kuroshu: what do you mean?

He means prepare for your companion to have every sex mod used on her' date=' breeder, sex, rape etc. At least that's the way he seems to be putting it across. It can be disabled though by adding stuff into your plugin.

@kashiwaba : 1 - yes, I am understanding ai package of other popular companion mod, and thinking of modifying her own.

2 - yes , she will have her own animations, as for combat, she will comment out stuff in combat situations, like vanilla companions.

3 - not really sure about this one, since I am not able to run any sexout mod so far.

There's already a villa for NV, called "Willow". I was inspired by her, the main reason I wanted to make one.

Sexout will most likely work for her but be buggy in place. As for the vocals she should get all the lines which Sexout gives and the base sounds packs because if memory serves they are attached to the animations and trigger when activated like in Oblivion.

I think. To be honest the only way this companion is going to fame is placing it on the Nexus but...if they find out it was created here they will most likely remove it.

Archived