CTD when falling

SAC

Got a weird problem: when my character is falling, as soon as it touches the ground, the game crashes to desktop

So far, I have tried:

- removing all equipment

- with or without weapon equipped

- 1st and 3rd person

- removing all mt animation mods

- important: affects player only - when an NPC falls, nothing happens

Uploaded a video here, for what it's worth. When it finishes, the game actually CTD'ed

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qjAix6IvmZVWKVaNZhcWsvQ4OD1S0iCu

No idea where to investigate further, would appreciate any help

42 minutes ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

Out of curiosity are you using any mods that affect fall damage? Edit: Also, are you using Unique Player by chance?

I am not using unique player. I am not sure if I'm using any mods that affect fall damage, not sure how to check - I went through all my mods, they don't seem to affect that, but not sure how to check in fo4edit or CK

I am afraid the only way to get at it is to go over the mods you have, check the descriptions and see if they are the culprit. As far as checking for conflicts in Xedit it is fairly simple and there are a ton of videos on youtube that will walk you through it. It would be far too much to explain here. It is totally worth taking the time to learn if you wish to mod. My guess would be it is either an old unremoved file, an ini edit or a mod that is trying to change fall damage or the player char. These sorts of issues take a lot of troubleshooting. I would suggest gamer poets as they are very clear and the community is quite helpful of which I help from time to time. :D If you have any questions please feel free to message me and good luck. I hope this helps. 

18 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Are you using any sound mods? Sometimes sounds can cause this issue.

I thought of that, I am using barefoot footstep. Deleted that folder, problem still manifests

Anyway, no idea what it was, I just reverted to an earlier save and it doesn't seem to manifest itself anymore, I hope it's permanent. To be honest, my game is a complete mess from installing and removing mods constantly, so it doesn't really surprise me this kind of random stuff happening. 

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll report back if it starts manifesting itself again.

3 hours ago, SAC said:

I thought of that, I am using barefoot footstep. Deleted that folder, problem still manifests

Anyway, no idea what it was, I just reverted to an earlier save and it doesn't seem to manifest itself anymore, I hope it's permanent. To be honest, my game is a complete mess from installing and removing mods constantly, so it doesn't really surprise me this kind of random stuff happening. 

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll report back if it starts manifesting itself again.

You say you have removed mods mid playthrough I am going to go ahead an say that is very likely the cause of this issue and will likely lead to others down the road in that play through. I would suggest using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/ on your savegame and see if that does not fix the issue. If you like I can take a look at your savegame. Just pm a copy. I am willing to bet you will likely find a bunch of unattached instances and nil calls so cleaning may fix everything, or you may need to revert. Edit: TL:DR Clean your savegames unattached instances. See what comes up. 

2 hours ago, DiscipleDarkfriend said:

You say you have removed mods mid playthrough I am going to go ahead an say that is very likely the cause of this issue and will likely lead to others down the road in that play through. I would suggest using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/ on your savegame and see if that does not fix the issue. If you like I can take a look at your savegame. Just pm a copy. I am willing to bet you will likely find a bunch of unattached instances and nil calls so cleaning may fix everything, or you may need to revert. Edit: TL:DR Clean your savegames unattached instances. See what comes up. 

I've just tried cleaning it through fallrim, still no joy.

Personally, I don't mind reverting, actually I'm happy it's all it took. I am not actually playing the game, it's more of a (re-)modding marathon / platform. But, for educational purposes, I do agree that removing mods, especially scripted mods, can lead to various kinds of trouble.

1 hour ago, SAC said:

I've just tried cleaning it through fallrim, still no joy.

Personally, I don't mind reverting, actually I'm happy it's all it took. I am not actually playing the game, it's more of a (re-)modding marathon / platform. But, for educational purposes, I do agree that removing mods, especially scripted mods, can lead to various kinds of trouble.

Strange, the culprit could be anything at that point, perhaps a mod that requires an older version of the script extender is present? In any case good luck and if I can be of any aid let me know. :) Happy Friday :) 

Archived