help request-copying the animation part responsible from minigun barrel rotation to another animation (2hhattackloop.kf)

greetings fellow users!

thanks to hitman (<3) i got a modified 2hhattackspin.2kf (flame thrower animation) that included the minigun barrel rotation. so basically if i set minigun attack animations to attackspin2 in geck, the barrel will keep rotating! yey

now i want to do the same for 2hhattackloop.kf (gatling laser animation), i made some progress with blender this week so i thought i could give it a shot but i felt absolutely lost and nothing i tried worked. direct quote from my message to hitman:

"but hey i wanted to try it myself but turns out i tried to bite more than i could chew. i compared the default and edited 2hhattackspin2.kf files and turns out it has one extra "NiTransformInterpolator". i tried copy pasting it to 2hhattackloop but i was unable to paste in the main branch"

so probably this is the part that includes the data. i dont wanna pressure the guy any further, wanted to do it myself but animations are my bane and even trying with 2 programs (nifskope and blender) i got nothing. in case you wanna have a look at it i'm putting his modified animation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ob_X-RAvR-tjHnmYF-BEhaA167xS0Hlf/view

according to him this is the animation responsible for the barrel rotation:       (##MinigunBarrel) 

me and my buddy were trying to get this done for 3 days but we keep failing. can anyone please help, many thanks in advance

You´re working on the wrong side.

The barrel animation is stored within the mesh file of that gun.

It just needs to be triggered.

This trigger is hidden in the attack animation.

As for my language difference, I just didn´t get what exactly you are trying to do...

Do you want to add the barrel-spin to a gatling laser?

That would be quite impossible.

As I said, that "spin" is with the mesh.

Or did I get you wrong here?

first of all thank you very much for your answer.

before i go to sleep i'll make sure to check the minigun mesh but as i said i'm quite the newbie.

what i want to do is improve the default minigun animation, so that my character doesnt bend backwards (it looks awkward as hell), when i change to animation to attackloop in geck, the character fires minigun like a gatling laser (without the bending backwards thing), but the barrel animation will no longer play.

so hitman fixed this on my request and made it to work with flamer animation, therefore when i choose attackspin2 in geck the barrel keeps rotating. i want to replicate this for attackloop.kf as well. the file i added contains his modified animation

1 hour ago, SirDuke said:

The barrel animation is stored within the mesh file of that gun.

The mesh itself doesn't have this animation, it's comming from '2hhattackloop', '2hhattackspin'.

For make it work the barrel node just should be named as '##MinigunBarrel'

1 hour ago, lelele5 said:

now i want to do the same for 2hhattackloop.kf (gatling laser animation)

Go to the blender and make separate mesh for the barrel itself and after as the easiest way name it as '##MinigunBarrel' (All this nodes should be the same as it's used in the kf files)

2 hours ago, SirDuke said:

The rotation of the barrel is a result of the "NiTransformController".

That is part of the .nif file.

In any cases the changes should be made in the both files, in nif (have flag to do rotation for one special node) and kf (kf file is that trigger to activate it and also hold this both parts of the mesh together), because if you break the original mesh node and make another it'll be broken (like floating somewhere away from the gun) because of that reason
So it can't be made without paying attention to the both things at once

39 minutes ago, Neutron_rus said:

In any cases the changes should be made in the both files, in nif (have flag to do rotation for one special node) and kf (kf file is that trigger to activate it and also hold this both parts of the mesh together), because if you break the original mesh node and make another it'll be broken (like floating somewhere away of the gun) because of that reason
So it can't be made without paying attention to the both things at once

You were right about the kf file.

I did not remember that right.

True word, both files have to be edited.

The kf has the rotation

and the nif has the ControllerSequence

I´ve corrected my last posts. So people are not confused.

many thanks for the answers guys.

this may sound laughable but i cant find how to edit animations in blender, as i said i'm quite the newbie. mesh editing is fine but i cant see the animation "parts". correct me if i'm wrong, first we import skeleton.nif along with animation marked as selected, then we attach kf as the keyframe file?

hitman said he did it with nifskope. i checked it with nifskope too, for some reason i'm getting something like "error loading: ##minigunbarrel". 

i can really use some guidance

You wanted to remove the ugly "bending backward" while shooting the minigun, right?

So now, your minigun runs with the flamer animation.

Shouldn´t it look nice, now, and you said it has the rotating barrel.

Sounds like everything is fine?!?

Did you want to edit the 2hhattackloop.kf (Gatling-Laser-Animation) to have the rotating barrel, too?

I´m just asking why you would do that, too?

What am I missing?

( Using this animation will conflict between some other gun.

Because the 2hhattackloop animation is also used for the granade-gun.

So it moves the barrel like some flak cannon; forward and backward )

ohh crap i forgot that :D

i want it because i noticed even with the flamer animation it doesnt natural as i hoped. but now that you mentioned the grenade launcher animation...is there a way to prevent that forward and backward movement?

On 7/18/2018 at 5:46 AM, lelele5 said:

what i want to do is improve the default minigun animation, so that my character doesnt bend backwards (it looks awkward as hell), when i change to animation to attackloop in geck, the character fires minigun like a gatling laser (without the bending backwards thing), but the barrel animation will no longer play.

Seems like i got what you wanted to say, you wanted to put a gatling laser animation to make it work with the minigun, yes?

Well, i just grab a spinning barrel frames from the '2hhattackspin' and overwritten them in the '2hhattackloop', probably now all grenade launchers that do back and forth will do spinning stuff?

Test it and say how it works (it's for the 1st person view animation, if will be need i can do the same thing for the 3rd person)

2hhattackloop.kf

And yes, I'm lazy to copy pose to '2hhattackspin', instead of copying a spinning stuff to '2hhattackloop', it's simple more easier to do

whoaa thanks a lot good sir! i truely appreciate you taking time to grant me my request.

i tested the animation with my weapons and encountered these problems: 

-the weapon keeps firing but in a burst mode, taking pauses between attacks

-my m2 browning (from classic fallout weapons mod, which uses 2hhattack.loop animation) started spinning when fired 

Archived