Clothing Bodytype Converter V.5.0 (12.24.2013)

gerra6

Hmm' date=' this would cut down a crapload of work... I even remember seeing in the Nexus a blender file with "a oblivion skeleton in skyrim pose, for those converting armors from oblivion to skyrim".

Anyway, I'm starting to think on NOT using this right now, since I might have to run it on both _0 and _1 bodies and edit the _1 too anyway. Might as well stick with the versions I made with the Unp bodyslide and just edit 'em both to keep the shape.

This might work well, on the other hand, for the male body I was going to try later. [let's say, I'll try to convert a skyrim male body to an "AA female body" from oblivion...']

The basic idea for Skyrim is to generate two sets of lattices, one for the _0 body and one for the _1 body.

• 2 weeks later...

Great tool, but I was wondering if you might have some suggestions for a mesh that I am trying to make a lattice for.

After quite a bit of tweaking I've got it quite close, but I am having some trouble getting the arms, and the upper torso (including the breasts) to fit quite right. The calves are also a little bit off. I'll include a picture of my settings and the meshes I'm talking about if it helps.

1rrxwx.png

Thanks for the help,

Great tool' date=' but I was wondering if you might have some suggestions for a mesh that I am trying to make a lattice for.

After quite a bit of tweaking I've got it quite close, but I am having some trouble getting the arms, and the upper torso (including the breasts) to fit quite right. The calves are also a little bit off. I'll include a picture of my settings and the meshes I'm talking about if it helps.

[/quote']

I've taken a look.

The main problem that you're having is that the meshes don't have any breast bone weight painting. This means that the tool has to depend on geometry to determine how the breast meshes should match up, which tends to produce fairly substandard results. This also means that the "Breast Ring" algorithm had nothing to work with, which helps explain why you were getting poor results with the breasts.

So the first step will be to generate a Left and Right vertex group for the breast area, and if you really want good results, you'll want vertex groups for the nipples.

The automated BB weightpainter can help with this. Note, however that these meshes are highly irregular and asymmetric. So the results from the automated algorithm will be imperfect.

The other thing to note is that the two meshes have radically different vertex counts and position. This means that you'll want to set the vertex target count to something in the 5 to 15 range, and probably 20 to 40 targets for the node search.

Here's my stab at it. It's not perfect, but it should give you some ideas.

The lattices are on frames 5 and 6, they should be applied sequentially.

Just meshes.7z

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that this uses the body dismember skin data... Well, it's seriously messed up data when importing skyrim meshes, so I don't think it'd work quite as fast as converting oblivion items... =_=

If anyone has a guide to prove me wrong, feel free to post. I was trying to use the skyrim vanilla male body 0 [removed the loincloth, just in case] and convert to favored souls male body 0. [just to have a base to convert to the other 3 body sizes I have based on that body.]

Part of it worked, but one of the legs seemed to be fully messed up.

I've just noticed that this uses the body dismember skin data... Well, it's seriously messed up data when importing skyrim meshes, so I don't think it'd work quite as fast as converting oblivion items... =_=

If anyone has a guide to prove me wrong, feel free to post. I was trying to use the skyrim vanilla male body 0 [removed the loincloth, just in case] and convert to favored souls male body 0. [just to have a base to convert to the other 3 body sizes I have based on that body.]

I'd be happy to take a look if you'd like to post the Blend file.  That'll give me a better idea of the issue and with any luck I'll be able to come up with a resolution.

In general terms, the lattice generator and resulting lattices are mesh agnostic.  The tool doesn't pay much attention to the type of mesh that is selected, it just assumes that if a mesh is selected, you want the tool to process it.  That means that all that you need to do to ensure that a particular mesh is ignored by the tool(s) is to deselect it.  This is important, because there are certain specialized structures like collision shapes etc should generally not be deformed or bad things will happen.

On to your specific issue.  I haven't spent much time looking into how Skyrim handles dismember skin data, but my understanding is that it does not currently import properly into blender and needs to be manually adjusted in Nifskope both before and after the import.  Is this still the case?  If so, that might be related to the issue that you are experiencing.

As an aside, the Lattice Generator is in dire need of an update.  Once I get the next version of Pose Converter out the door, I'll probably spend some time overhauling and streamlining the Lattice Generator UI to make it a bit more intuitive and a bit less insane.

I'd be happy to take a look if you'd like to post the Blend file.  That'll give me a better idea of the issue and with any luck I'll be able to come up with a resolution.

In general terms, the lattice generator and resulting lattices are mesh agnostic.  The tool doesn't pay much attention to the type of mesh that is selected, it just assumes that if a mesh is selected, you want the tool to process it.  That means that all that you need to do to ensure that a particular mesh is ignored by the tool(s) is to deselect it.  This is important, because there are certain specialized structures like collision shapes etc should generally not be deformed or bad things will happen.

On to your specific issue.  I haven't spent much time looking into how Skyrim handles dismember skin data, but my understanding is that it does not currently import properly into blender and needs to be manually adjusted in Nifskope both before and after the import.  Is this still the case?  If so, that might be related to the issue that you are experiencing.

As an aside, the Lattice Generator is in dire need of an update.  Once I get the next version of Pose Converter out the door, I'll probably spend some time overhauling and streamlining the Lattice Generator UI to make it a bit more intuitive and a bit less insane.

Yes, the nif has to be edited before and after blender editing - no one has updated the nif import script yet. The nif is treated as fallout3 nif, imported like that, and the whole dismember skin has to be partially redone inside blender [selecting faces, assigning to "Bp_torso", "Bp_leftleg" and the like to be renamed later in nifskope. Note that I didn't do -any- of that before trying the lattice thing, and the mesh was... 75% adjusted, just messing one leg up badly. I'll try to redo the issue and send you the file.

Seriously, I'm just worried about how the heck I'm going to convert stuff like robes and dresses, since their dismember skin data seems to work differently - I can probably convert some armors and clothes already, manually, but not sure about the ones with hanging cloth of any sort.

Yes, the nif has to be edited before and after blender editing - no one has updated the nif import script yet. The nif is treated as fallout3 nif, imported like that, and the whole dismember skin has to be partially redone inside blender [selecting faces, assigning to "Bp_torso", "Bp_leftleg" and the like to be renamed later in nifskope. Note that I didn't do -any- of that before trying the lattice thing, and the mesh was... 75% adjusted, just messing one leg up badly. I'll try to redo the issue and send you the file.

Seriously, I'm just worried about how the heck I'm going to convert stuff like robes and dresses, since their dismember skin data seems to work differently - I can probably convert some armors and clothes already, manually, but not sure about the ones with hanging cloth of any sort.

By the way, have you tried generating a lattice with only the mesh (and nothing else) selected?

That should solve the specific problem that you are reporting.

As far as converting clothes goes, once you have the lattice generated for the nude mesh, all that you usually need to do for the mesh shape conversion is to select the meshes  and run the 'apply lattices to mesh' script.

For the partition data, I'd probably recommend trying the old standby...copy partitions from a working Skyrim mesh in Nifskope.

Did the download link go MIA or are you running another update?

Have a very little bit of downtime and wanted to give this a go.

I looks like the forum upgrade truncated the post.  The link is still there...it's just buried in the "using your lattice" section for some odd reason.

And the instructions cut off in the middle.

It looks like I'll need to redo the first post.

Edit: OK, I've removed huge chunks of the first post and moved them to the readme file (second attachment)

The attachments should be accessible.

Might be better (if tedious to do) to include the instructions as a readme in the zip files.

Not a bad idea.

Once I finish the next release (updated UI, probably an incrementally improved search algorithm), I'll probably add the instructions in the main download.

OP

While waiting for your pm, I played around a bit with this.

I'm trying to convert HGEC Ecup/M to pregnant bodies. I got very fine results for HGEC P3 and PBodyX2 without much pain, but I find THECP3 body is a really tough one.

Settings I used:

253p47tdkxk44jhbg.jpg

oltepbpo6vbgygcbg.jpg

Vertex groups I made:

5ohhovxd51p4bddbg.jpg <- belly

5g0xi6u82jn1bb5bg.jpg <- belly 2

Other bodies was fine with these two, but THECP3 was not, so I made one more custom group.

3zm7f9ib8nbazitbg.jpg <- upperwaist

And the output.

4c97960a51zy9bvbg.jpg

the upper body is very good for the first lattice, without "upperwaist" group I cannot get this nice fine belly. very good,

aq656chuhbad246bg.jpg

Except for the lower part...... After I add the "upperwaist" group, I cannot seem to fix the lower body. Also tried adding Thigh L.R or Calf L.R to the tool's vertex group selection list, didn't work though.

Maybe I can separate the upper and the lower parts, generate the lattice for each parts. However, probably I'll end up with terrible waist seam & distortion and should manually fix them. Any way to get a fullbody lattice?

Hey! Everyone is going to get confused now. For anyone who is wondering this post is in reference to the Clothing BodyType converter http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10396-clothing-bodytype-converter-v42b/ (also known as the lattice generator), not the Pose Converter.

While waiting for your pm, I played around a bit with this.

Did you get the PM? It was sent this morning.

I'm trying to convert HGEC Ecup/M to pregnant bodies. I got very fine results for HGEC P3 and PBodyX2 without much pain, but I find THECP3 body is a really tough one.

I'm in the middle of a bit of a coding fugue, so I can't do much more than glance at the mesh, but I think I see the problem. Part of it is that the Breast Ring and the Buttock ring algorithms really don't like each other...that's probably what's breaking things. Fortunately, they're entirely redundant, since you are already choosing your vertex groups manually (I'll probably remove the Breast and Buttock buttons from the next release of the lattice generator).

What I suspect is happening is that the tool is attempting to find a path between the nipples and the buttocks...as it iterates down the legs, well, a whole lot of ugly happens.

Your best bet is to convert the OP3 bone weighting on the butt to buttock bone weighting. Once you've done that, rerun the lattice generator with Breast Ring and Buttock ring disabled. Instead, manually select the bones that you want to use.

Fortunately, I wrote an automated tool for precisely that purpose...it's buried in a thread somewhere, so here is a copy.

ConvertBB is a tiny little single purpose script. All that it does is categorize any existing OP3 weighted vertices as either breast of buttock vertices. It then converts any buttock vertices to the buttock bone group, while leaving the breast vertices untouched..

Sorry for the misplaced post. I mistaked it for this thread.

As to my problem, I think it was because of my bad weight painting. No problem with Breast and Butt rings at all as your recommendation didn't work. Actually I had assigned zero weights to all the vertices below the gradated part, didn't know that zero weight and not weighted are different.

So I've removed those vertices from the vertex group and the lowerbody is fine now.

Well.. the upperbody got ugly again as if I didn't use the "upperwaist" group. I better tune more until I find out some kind of critical value.

Sorry for the misplaced post. I mistaked it for this thread.

As to my problem, I think it was because of my bad weight painting. No problem with Breast and Butt rings at all as your recommendation didn't work. Actually I had assigned zero weights to all the vertices below the gradated part, didn't know that zero weight and not weighted are different.

So I've removed those vertices from the vertex group and the lowerbody is fine now.

Well.. the upperbody got ugly again as if I didn't use the "upperwaist" group. I better tune more until I find out some kind of critical value.

Yep...to remove a vertex from a group, just select the vertices that you want removed, select the group, and click remove. As you've noticed, 0 weight vertices are still members of the group (if you click on the group and click select, they will be selected) and are treated as such by the tool.

I was finally able to create a decent fullbody conversion lattice for THEC p3.

When working on pregnant bodies, boobs or butts aren't problematic at all, the problem is belly. Without several proper custom vertex group belly verts can never reach a half of they should.

5fzu5t12yvil12vbg.jpg

6mcm098rgb5ejuqbg.jpg

8jikuw8wxkd13zibg.jpg

j2y8rlt2u561n0lbg.jpg

My first attempt at converting DMRA to mega manga...

[spoiler=THE HORROR]post-2880-0-02470700-1360978995_thumb.jpg

Seriously though, for my first run that turned out surprisingly well.

I think I'm going to use multiple lattices on my next try.

---------Also I have a few questions---------

-How do I save the lattice to a different layer? I tried pressing "," but it didn't do anything.

-Is it ok to delete the original "source body" and "target body" from the blend file after I have the lattice?

-Do you have a .txt file or a readme that explains the mechanics behind each lattice generator option and the advantages/disadvantages of each?

-When converting outfits, do you delete the body inside the outfit and import the "target body" after you use the lattice on the clothes, or do you use the lattice on the body inside the outfit as well?

-How do I save the lattice to a different layer? I tried pressing "," but it didn't do anything.

If you're in object mode, the lattices can be treated like any other objects.

1. Select the Lattice

2. Hit 'm'

3. Select the layer to move it to.

Note: You don't actually need to move the lattice to another layer...it's just nice to get them out of the way. You can also just hide them...the only problem with hiding is that if you hide lots of stuff on the same layer and then unhide them...well...yeah.

-Is it ok to delete the original "source body" and "target body" from the blend file after I have the lattice?

One the lattice exists, it should exist independently of any other objects in the scene. So you *should* be able to delete all other meshes, save the Blend file, and then next time you open the blend file view only the lattice.

However, it's possible that I didn't sett the false user flag when the lattices are generated (which makes modifiers persistent objects). If the lattice disappears, let me know and I'll fix the code.

-Do you have a .txt file or a readme that explains the mechanics behind each lattice generator option and the advantages/disadvantages of each?

There's a second download on the first page that should include a text only copy of the original front page post (which was truncated when the forum was migrated to the new design).

That includes the basic mechanics of how the buttons work on the back-end.

Note: for the most part, those buttons were designed for an earlier version of the Lattice Generator. These days, you should be able to get pretty decent results without too much mucking about with very many of the settings.

Your best bet when attempting to get good results is to run a test lattice with ~6 vertex targets and ~25 node targets. Look for the problem areas (usually the breast and the buttocks). Once you know what's not working, go into the mesh and make sure that you have good vertex groups for those regions that match up between the meshes.

I generally re-do the OP1 and OP3 weightpainting (using the automated BB weightpainter) and select them under 'Vertex Groups'

-When converting outfits, do you delete the body inside the outfit and import the "target body" after you use the lattice on the clothes, or do you use the lattice on the body inside the outfit as well?

You can try either approach, that's really up to you. However, for clothing you generally want to use a lattice that was created with a growth margin of around .025 to .05, while a pure body conversion should have a growth margin of 0.

Thanks for your answers gerra. Your help is much appreciated. I  understand well enough what you were saying but wanted to respond to a few comments.

Your best bet when attempting to get good results is to run a test lattice with ~6 vertex targets and ~25 node targets. Look for the problem areas (usually the breast and the buttocks). Once you know what's not working, go into the mesh and make sure that you have good vertex groups for those regions that match up between the meshes.

I generally re-do the OP1 and OP3 weightpainting (using the automated BB weightpainter) and select them under 'Vertex Groups'

You can try either approach, that's really up to you. However, for clothing you generally want to use a lattice that was created with a growth margin of around .025 to .05, while a pure body conversion should have a growth margin of 0.

I have no idea what vertex targets and node targets are but I'll mess around with it tomorrow to see if I can find and tweak these settings.

To my understanding, 'Vertex Groups' is a whole different method of generating a lattice? I haven't even tried the BB weight painter yet. Is this method more effective than the "breast ring" option?

I think I'm going to import the old "target" body instead of trying to transform the base body too... I think this will yield cleaner results in-game and can show imperfections in the transformation of the clothes. Which is useful to someone who wants to perfect the lattice. The less things messed with, the better imo. I'm still not confident with blender.

What is growth margin? Why do body transformations have to be 0 and clothes need to be .025 to .05? Something to do with expanding the clothes a little bit more to actually fit AROUND the target body?

I have no idea what vertex targets and node targets are but I'll mess around with it tomorrow to see if I can find and tweak these settings.

Node Targets and Vertex Targets are settings in the Lattice Generator. Vertex Targets is just the number of vertices on the source mesh that each vertex on the target mesh will be influenced by. Node targets is the number of vertices on the target mesh that each node in the lattice will be influenced by.

To my understanding, 'Vertex Groups' is a whole different method of generating a lattice? I haven't even tried the BB weight painter yet. Is this method more effective than the "breast ring" option?

Vertex groups aren't specifically related to the Lattice generator, they are really just a way of grouping and categorizing vertexes in Blender. They are used for lots of different things, but in the context of modding, they are most commonly used for weightpainting.

In the context of the Lattice Generator, if the same group exists on both meshes, it can be used to help the lattice generator find better matches. There are some posts on earlier pages in this thread where I explain in detail exactly how to use vertex groups to get higher quality lattices.

I think I'm going to import the old "target" body instead of trying to transform the base body too... I think this will yield cleaner results in-game and can show imperfections in the transformation of the clothes. Which is useful to someone who wants to perfect the lattice. The less things messed with, the better imo. I'm still not confident with blender.

That's generally the best way to do things.

What is growth margin? Why do body transformations have to be 0 and clothes need to be .025 to .05? Something to do with expanding the clothes a little bit more to actually fit AROUND the target body?

Experiment with it and see. Basically, depending on the setting, growth margin will cause the transformed mesh to be slightly larger (or smaller) than the target mesh. This is generally a good thing for clothing.
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if someone could take a look at these meshes I converted and tell me if they seem ok? I'm fairly new at blender and before I get too involved in my project of converting armor to pregnant versions I want to know that I'm doing it alright. I followed some advice and some tutorials here but I'm not sure if I cleaned the nif's properly or if I missed a step somewhere.

Meshes.zip

They look pretty good.

The only issue that I see is that the cuirass is hovering a bit. You can try reducing 'growth margin' a bit. If you're feeling really ambitious, tweaking growth magnifier and movement magnifier settings (I think that's what I called them in the posted version) can sometimes help with fine tuning, although they are a bit tough to control.

Growth Magnifier biases the lattice in favor of growing or shrinking the mesh. Growth is defined in relation to the vertex normal of each individual vertex...you can toggle vertex normal visibility in the editing pane of the button window if you want to get a better idea of what this will mean.

Movement magnifier increases or decreases the amount that any moved vertex is moved...higher numbers exagerrate the transforms, but will leave some vertices almost untouched.

Growth margin adds a padding around the entire mesh...all vertices are affected.

As an aside, the tool struggles a bit when it comes to generating clean lattices for pregnant meshes. The belly transforms often interfere with the breast transforms. I *think* that may be what is happening here.

The next update to Lattice Generator (nearly complete) will include the ability to generate and apply lattices to only the selected parts of the mesh. Once that is done, it should be possible to create a lattice for the breasts and another for the belly and then apply them sequentially to the mesh.

thanks for the advice gerra. I'll try to tweak things a bit. I do have a question though.

When converting armor from one body type to another, which body am I supposed to use? The original target body that I'm aiming for, that comes in setbody reloaded for example? Cause I tried something different with these meshes although probably not the correct way of doing things. I applied the lattice to the body that came with the armor and used that instead. I figured that if the body fit the armor properly originaly then applying the same lattice to both the armor and the body that came with it ought to work out. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Briancs159,  running the script on a body that already fits the armor doesn't make any sense that I can see, after all the armor already "fits" that body so what is there for the lattice generator to do?  The body that the armor came with is fine for the "source" (see the OP) but isn't fine as the "target".  The target body needs to be the body you want the armor to be re-sized to fit.

Does that explain things better to you?

Let me make sure that I understand.

When you convert the armor, are you asking whether you should use the lattice to convert the original body to the new body, or whether you should copy in the new body?

That's really up to you. I think that you can get good results either way. The question is how closely do you want to match the target body.

On a side note...I'm getting some very promising results with the 4.5 beta. Very soon it should be possible to export lattice to an external file and import it into a different blend file. It will also be possible to selectively apply the imported lattice only to selected vertices on a given mesh, which should help with the breast/belly conflicts.

It's more or less ready for testing. If anyone that I haven't sent 4.5 to would like to test it, please send me a PM and I'll send you the link. Otherwise, I'll update the main post once I fix two more things.

On a side note...I'm getting some very promising results with the 4.5 beta. Very soon it should be possible to export lattice to an external file and import it into a different blend file. It will also be possible to selectively apply the imported lattice only to selected vertices on a given mesh, which should help with the breast/belly conflicts.

It's more or less ready for testing. If anyone that I haven't sent 4.5 to would like to test it, please send me a PM and I'll send you the link. Otherwise, I'll update the main post once I fix two more things.

I've only recently started experimenting with this, RL work always getting in the way.

One of my goals is to begin to build a Latice Library as mentioned in other threads. Since I'm also using your SetBody Reloaded 'bodies' I'm beginning there to create a HGEC H B cup, LL bottom set of Convert-to lattices.

This reads like I should hold off till 4.5 is released for the other half of the equation, and not create my Convert-from set of lattices. Is that correct?

Would also like to gather input from you, gregathit and other members on how best to structure the Lattice Library I'd like to start to build.

Archived