Sarting over, some noob questions

Thorazine

Probably four different places I could post those, so I'll start here. I've never really cared for threads like these, and I'm horrible at asking questions.

A few things went down a few weeks ago that resulted in the loss of a good chunk of stuff, but it's given me an opportunity to start over on FONV. Currently have a near virgin install (FOMM, NVSE, BOSS). Some of the original mods I remember having, included the Pipboy Readius, the MCM (and half the stuff that requires it), Project Nevada, BNB, and Project Mikoto. I guess I'm asking if there's anything else I might want to try with, or instead of what I have listed. And I guess anything similar to an unofficial patch, bug fixes, optimizations, Et cetera. I don't remember what I used the last time, but I think I chose poorly.

Yeah, dunno.

I just started using NVEC (listed by ElvenScoundrel above) with the NVCE option (New Vegas Character Expansions), and so far I like it (although I seem to CTD too often since installing it, even with a clean install, but that's probably due more to my underpowered machine). Also, I use oHUD instead of iHUD (oHUD has iHUD, pHUD, and aHUD combined). If you need just one of them get the single (i, a, or p), otherwise get oHUD to get all 3 options. I would also suggest getting uHUD (unified HUD project). It has to be installed after all other HUD mods and anything modifying the related XML. iHUD, oHUD, MCM, GrenadeHotKey etc all edit a single XML file and the last mod always wins unless you install uHUD AFTER all of the others, or you manually edit that XML (I forget the name of the file). MTUI is another one I use. Grenade Hotkey (that may be included with NVEC, so you might want to check). Shiloh clean pipboy screen, Shiloh colored maps and icons (both are usable with pipboy readius). There is another one that makes some hoykeys for hiding the hud and going into tfc without having to go into the console, but I can't find that one. When I get home from work, I can list others. Of course this will about 10 pages long by the time I get home ...

-snip-

I remember using uHUD. Also remember having a grenade hotkey. While it was nice to have a grenade button, I don't think I ever used it all that much, I remember it being a bit twitchy.Haven't checked out the Shiloh clean pipboy screen, but the colored maps and icons mod looks like something I'd want to use.

NVEC, should I not bother with Mission Mojave?

I remember using uHUD. Also remember having a grenade hotkey. While it was nice to have a grenade button' date=' I don't think I ever used it all that much, I remember it being a bit twitchy.Haven't checked out the Shiloh clean pipboy screen, but the colored maps and icons mod looks like something I'd want to use.

NVEC, should I not bother with Mission Mojave?

[/quote']

Actually, mission mojave ultimate edition is included with NVEC (complete version), so no you don't need to install it separately. The other thing I was trying to think of was EasyConsoleCommands. It hotkeys some of the more frequently used console command to numeric keypad keys. Like the '/' on the keypad will do a combo of hiding the hud, and putting you in tfc mode. I don't use grenade hotkey that much either, but I never used grenades that much anyway, except for the grenade launcher. But I keep it around just in case. Another one I like is Mojave Express Expanded with adds more mojave express boxes to the wasteland (like at the mojave outpost or camp mccarren). If you're looking for textures, this link ( http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=11760 ) has some good suggestions (I followed the suggestions in post 3 using the mid-size or lower textures, and FONV looks pretty damn nice, even with my underpowered machine). There's several music mods, but I like MojaveMusicExpanded. It adds the music from Radio New Vegas to Mojave Music standard playlist, plus adds more tunes. That way you don't have to listen to Wayne Newton's inane banter (always annoyed me). Weapons mod expanded (WMX) that ES mentioned is good, and there is the Weapons Retexture Project that retextures weapons. It's a good companion piece to WMX (WMX has an optional download for WRP compatibility). Another mod I like is a mod that changes all of the dogs used by the NCR to Alsatians. There's one for Rex as well (can't stand the cyberdog look for Rex). I think I'll stop there for now.

One note, if you do install NVEC, make sure you check any mods against the 2 lists (one for fixes, one for features) it has so you don't double install.

3 mods I refuse to play without: Project Nevada (more for the gameplay changes than the weapons, I love sprint and bullet time. PN also has a variant of the grenade hotkey), Lean Start Gear (The vanilla startup drags on forever, and it doesn't make sense all the crap you can loot from Docs house. It also integrates the preorder gear into the game rather than dropping it all in your lap at startup), and Willow. I just love Willow.

Thanks for the tips, think I managed just about everything I was trying for. Looks like a handful of the mods I used last time are no longer available on the Nexus anymore. And I think the only thing that I haven't really been able to get to work is the Ambient Temperature mod. Not too big a loss, so I'm not going to bother. One thing about NVEC (complete version, no NVCE), the activator for the Nordic weapons mod outside the doc's house shows up as a big red exclamation mark... And ignore that. Looks like the assets for it was in a separate download that I apparently missed. Whoops.

Archived