How do i edit custom esm files?

I have several follower esm files installed.I do not always whant them to follow me, i just like them to be around doing usual stuff.Makes the places they are in more lively.Though, most of them come naked or with clothes i do not like.How to i edit their esm files since creation kit only allows esp files as active ones?I don't whant to make an esp for every esm file i whant to edit because this way will make my load order full.Is there a way to make direct changes to the esm's istead?Thanks!

You have to convert the esm to an esp, make your changes and save them, then convert it back to an esm. Right now that process is wonky at best. They are working on coming out with a TesVGecko and TesVEdit (both are in beta form I think) but until they do that I recommend you instead just make your changes to a custom esp, which will override the esm. Whichever is last in the load order wins in cases of conflict.

You have to convert the esm to an esp' date=' make your changes and save them, then convert it back to an esm. Right now that process is wonky at best. They are working on coming out with a TesVGecko and TesVEdit (both are in beta form I think) but until they do that I recommend you instead just make your changes to a custom esp, which will override the esm. Whichever is last in the load order wins in cases of conflict.[/quote']

Hopefully someone will fix this so it works like the GECK PowerUp and allows direct editing of ESM's.

Archived