InGame Music Player

jojozityjo

Okies, this is like, my first ever thread here but ive been lurking and loving the stuff here for ages.

My question is, im wondering if there is a mod out there, something like SkyRadio, that plays music you convert into skyrim files, but instead of playing them randomly like SkyRadio does, you get to choose which track to play and when.

please and thank you ^^;

I'd love for a mod that added something, anything, an object, a place with buttons for each track, a DJ npc with dialogue choice to pick songs, anything so you can go in, select what song you wanna hear, and it plays it, anything, be great for immersion when you have dance mods and songs to go with them that you want in the game for when you just wanna dance

Okies' date=' this is like, my first ever thread here but ive been lurking and loving the stuff here for ages.

My question is, im wondering if there is a mod out there, something like SkyRadio, that plays music you convert into skyrim files, but instead of playing them randomly like SkyRadio does, you get to choose which track to play and when.

please and thank you ^^;

[/quote']

Damn "thanks" button...

Anyway, take a look at this:

"Personalized Music - Add your own music to Skyrim" - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13286 . Basically it creates additional folder you put your music in. You have to format the names of the files in the folder in specific manner for each folder, but it adds a text file in each folder explaining the naming. Some folders are can handle 10, some 20 additional tracks. And there are 2 versions, 1 which keeps the vanilla tracks and 1 that only plays the added track. The folders correspond to situations, such a dragon battle, taverns daytime, taverns at night. Current version only handles the xwm audio files that skyrim normally uses (previous version could use wav files). There is no converter with the download, but there are links to 3 different conversion programs that work well (one handles batch converting a group of files). Also supposed to be compatible with SkyRadio. It does not give "full control" but with the situational folder structure, you could have your own tavern music playing in taverns, heavy metal during dragon battles, etc.

ive seen that personalized music mod before but it looked like it only played songs at certain times, like entering a special situation or w/e. And it looks like bards will still only be able to play 2 songs lol

though i guess getting songs in that i can trigger whenever i want is better than none.

Thank you very much sraysmanll ^,^

now, a full on DJ npc would be pretty awesome idea actually lol

ive seen that personalized music mod before but it looked like it only played songs at certain times' date=' like entering a special situation or w/e. And it looks like bards will still only be able to play 2 songs lol

though i guess getting songs in that i can trigger whenever i want is better than none.

[/quote']

DJ NPC!! That would be brilliant! Im a DJ too, so I'd want to have a full-blown nightclub too where the NPC is the resident DJ. Also two turntables and a mixer in the player homes (that work using magic instead of electricity).

Maybe a mechanical-magical MP3 player made by the Dwemers that you can buy from a dealer of rare Dwemer artifacts (or find it in a dungeon), and it looks like some proper steampunk gadget.

I could also imagine a stupid, but funny mod, where the bards dont sing their own songs, but they play your MP3's. So you walk into a pub, and some guy starts tapping his drum, which somehow translates into a full reggae mix...

Man I wish I had time to be a modder...

ive seen that personalized music mod before but it looked like it only played songs at certain times' date=' like entering a special situation or w/e. And it looks like bards will still only be able to play 2 songs lol

[/quote']

If your looking for something that's basically like a windows media player type within Skyrim where you can back/next/select a track/etc, then no, I don't think that exists. Pretty much everything is either a replacer, adds additional ambient music, or does what the one I suggested does.

There is also a new mod that is basically a dance club where you add your own tunes as well - I think it's called Depraved, and is another FNIS-based mod. But again, I don't think you can choose what plays, and the music is not heard outside of the club.

well i dont mean EXACTLY like media player, something more basic, like the bards, cause, you can talk to them and pay them to play a song, and they do, once they do they dont stop, unless you leave lol

so something like an advanced bard, advanced in a way it has more than 2 options of songs to play lol

i will most likely use the personalized music thing though if i can get it to replace bard songs, but if anyone puts together a bard DJ type thing like we've said here, im totally all for downloading that thing, i think it would be quite popular lol

Unfortunately it will not replace the bard songs. That was what I was hoping for as well, but it doesn't. The music in the "Tavern" folders will play UNLESS a bard starts singing, then the music stops and the Bard's music plays. That's why I use the other mod to silence the bard ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8842 ) unless I specifically request them to play 1 of the bard songs.

There is only 1 mod that (almost) will do what you are looking for, but only in 1 spot. The BBLS (Bathing Beauties/Beefcake Luxury Suite) has an optional mod (separate link in the description) that does this. You can add to/replace his tunes with yours, and you can tell the employees to change the current track to the next one. You can't specify the name of the track to play, but you can do a "next". That's about the closet thing I've seen to what you are looking for. Not sure if the Depraved club mod has that same ability.

Better to create a script for a magic spell that when it is cast it mutes the music setting, then you can use hot keys assigned to your favourite media player to play/pause/skip your custom playlists.

It'd be too much headache to create an in-game media player.

the BBLS sounds like the closest thing i want actually, as long as you can skip to the next, i dun care about pause, rewind, fastforward, etc, just, select a track really lol

and i suppose the beefcakes would be a nice lil extra hehe ^/^;

Well, reason enough for me to try the BBLS mod then, i can order the songs to be played and get some dances going matched up with the song.

and R0R0N0, i never knew a media player(i assume you mean something like windows media player) could have hotkeys for the controls o.o

EDIT: Checked out the BBLS and the M&D addon mod, it makes it so the bard plays randomly, you can tell them to play the next one but it plays a random next one, not the next one in the list in the folder or anything, just randomly lol

Archived