How to install mods not on the nexus

I'm having a real hard time trying to get every single required mod in order to start having fun on SKSE, but a ton of those essential mods are incredibly hard to download and install.

It took me 2 days to figure out how to install SKSE64. now I need SKEE not on Nexus and Race Menu (hasn't been ported to SE) and a million other things that are on 3rd party sites like loverslab.

I guess my rant is basically to complain how hard it is to do this and if there's any suggestions you guys have that can maybe make this easier. I have the patience to do this but when I'm researching more on how to install the stupid mod than actually playing it gets super frustrating.

I see how awesome the YouTube players have their mods and I just can't believe it's as hard as it is seeming to be for me.  Maybe I'm retarded in this area but instructions say download and install without mentioning the million steps in between as if we are all programmers. 

Sorry for my rant guys and I'm appreciative of any help you can offer.

Not that hard really. If you are using NMM (nexus mod manager) open NMM and look at the tabs at the top and find the one that shows the mod folder directory (where NMM puts the mods at) and then click to open that folder and manually add those rar/zips from other sites to that folder and restart NMM then find those mods you added to the NMM folder and install them.

I just came back to Skyrim (and thus Nexus and LL) only 1 month ago.  I went with the usual, NMM.  But now I realize MO2 is far more superior mod manager than NMM.  

At the VERY LEAST, MO2 offers a portable installation that I can copy everything (some 50Gb of mod download) and port it to another computer, my laptop, and my future computer when I need to upgrade.  This is a feature I have been waiting from NMM for a long time, and I don't think it is coming.  Even heard it has been abandoned.  

So consider MO2 if you are not yet commited to NMM.  In fact, I am migrating to MO2 as we speak.

Thanks guys for responding I looked up tutorials and really sat down to understand what I was supposed to be doing. I honestly didn't know how to do zip bsa ba2 nif and all that stuff. I still have no clue on the ini and dll but I think I'm ok. My hardest issue was getting the requirements for XP and CBBE. CBBE was easy once I got XP down because race menu SKEE and the others were insanely hard for a noob like myself and even on Race Menu near the end the tutorial was useless because the guy was using MO2. I heard that they were going to develop Tannin so I won't get on the MO2 bandwagon yet plus I hear there's a big learning curve I'm not comfortable enough doing that yet.

Archived