"f4se has not been installed correctly (its scripts folder is missing most probably)"

after uninstalling the outdated version of f4se due to the may 22rd 2018 update, and then re-installing, i just cant get it to work.

i've followed youtube tutorials to the letter, ive tried using the installation wizard on their website, ive tried manually dragging files one-by-one into the fallout4/data/scripts folder, ive used the nexus mod manager, and every combination of these methods. nothing works.

i double check that all the files have been set as writable, that other mod prerequisites are added, and double-checking other mods that run independently of f4se. and they do work.

when i try searching for a solution for my problem, i see people asking this exact same question. and no solution has ever been found.

call me frustrated, definitely. any help here?

hi,

You need f4se version accordingly to fo4 version.

The last fallout 4 runtime is 1.10.89 . You need to install f4se 0.6.9 (0.6.8 was updated today). If you using other mods that depend of fourplay you also may need LLFP in V18.

Some other mods may need to be updated like looksmenu and MCM.

You can see if f4se is installed in "settings" game menu at the bottom right.

I think the best f4se install tutorial is this one.

Just fyi MCM has not yet been updated so if your running anything that uses that then your game will most likely crash, Looks menu is good to go!!! but make sure other mods that depend on looks menu are also up to date. I would start off by un-installing all your mods then re-installing them one at a time, & know it sucks but start a New game because even though you might have all the required mods installed for your saves to work it will still tell you that your need these mods for the save to work.

What errors are you getting just to be specific??

technically, my f4se should be working. i downgraded my fallout 4 so that it matches the f4se prior to the newest update. my game opens and doesnt crash, the MCM is installed, vinfamy's in here, and other mods as well. 

so ill now try uninstalling everything and trying to isolate the f4se, to see if i can get any insight.

update; i updated LooksMenu, and the error message doesn't start up anymore when i try to initiate animations. however, the animations still dont work.

update 2: ive updated my fallout and the f4se so that they're also both updated to the current version. now, its the MCM thats not working (with an error message when i launch the game telling me so), and im assuming that MCM needs to be working in order for the animations to play. so i hope that when MCM is updated, things start working again...

MCM has now been updated & working but to update it you need to go to the Mod site here--> MCM  then under the description look for "Mirror" Click on that & it will take you to an off site download & there you need to Download the MCM v1.26 & also Download the mcm.dll file as well . then Install the MCM like normal then take the mcm.dll file & place in to--> Data/F4SE/Plugins  & Overwrite the existing mcm.dll & your done.

if you can't find the Mirror here is the Mirror--->MCM Mirror

updated the MCM successfully! however, animations are still not playing. the actors just go on as if nothing's happening. so although there is no longer the error popup when animations are prompted, no animations are playing. (i still get that top-left notification that i can hear moaning). 

so since f4se seems to be installed correctly, it might be my load order thats the problem this time. so here's what my load order is;

1.JPG.bd47035100e4847c5a2c23a4abd95cda.JPG2.JPG.d771ea374aba5b36fdba4ed0e7965209.JPG3.JPG.6018e37ebdee558c41d4352019ef3a13.JPG

hopefully, i can one day peg my husbands in peace once more.

Same issue here. I waited until f4se was finally updated. I first updated f4se then found out that there was an issue due to mcm not being updated for another day. Once mcm was updated on nexus I reinstalled that... and that is when the problems all started. I got the same message about f4se not being installed correctly. The same message you got.

Shortly after that I found that animations were not working and 'stripping' was no longer a recognized command in the game. The whole issue is linked to the newest update to MCM. I expect it will be fixed but for now I either get clothed sex, really weird partial animations, or they just stand behind each other and seem to shuffle their feet while standing in place.

I am going to uninstall the new mcm dl, put back in the last version before Beth updated FO4 and then use the 'mirror' to update the mcm again. I will let you know if I find anything. I believe though and feel that mcm being updated or reinstalled is what set everything like this.

5 hours ago, clark44 said:

Same issue here. I waited until f4se was finally updated. I first updated f4se then found out that there was an issue due to mcm not being updated for another day. Once mcm was updated on nexus I reinstalled that... and that is when the problems all started. I got the same message about f4se not being installed correctly. The same message you got.

Shortly after that I found that animations were not working and 'stripping' was no longer a recognized command in the game. The whole issue is linked to the newest update to MCM. I expect it will be fixed but for now I either get clothed sex, really weird partial animations, or they just stand behind each other and seem to shuffle their feet while standing in place.

I am going to uninstall the new mcm dl, put back in the last version before Beth updated FO4 and then use the 'mirror' to update the mcm again. I will let you know if I find anything. I believe though and feel that mcm being updated or reinstalled is what set everything like this.

i did use the mirror to update mcm, but my problem still persists. im currently double-checking if my four_play was installed correctly. ill also make a clean restart and try that as well

No luck. Gonna mess around with a few things here today. My main issues, I am sure, is the fact that I had just reinstalled fallout 4 earlier in the week and was coming back to play a fresh new playthrough after a year not touching it.

So I'd just sat down and dl'ed every mod I wanted to set my game up. And even moved from NMM to Vortex. So this caused me to second guess just about any mod I had and has left me very confused with the f4se not loading issue.

10 hours ago, clark44 said:

No luck. Gonna mess around with a few things here today. My main issues, I am sure, is the fact that I had just reinstalled fallout 4 earlier in the week and was coming back to play a fresh new playthrough after a year not touching it.

So I'd just sat down and dl'ed every mod I wanted to set my game up. And even moved from NMM to Vortex. So this caused me to second guess just about any mod I had and has left me very confused with the f4se not loading issue.

I got mine working! i first tried to use the AAF equivalents of four-play, and that didn't work. so i started a clean game by uninstalling everything except the F$SE, four-play/community patch, select four-play addons (prostitution, autonomy enhanced, etc), and both leito and crazy's animation packs.

having AAF and not four-play didn't work. so i tried it the other way around, and finally, in my clean save game, i got it all working.

ill be reinstalling my other mods bit by bit, and see if any problems arise once more. ill also modify my fallout 4 in my steam settings so that it doesnt automatically update, to prevent further mishaps with uninstalling/reinstalling mod updates. its a shame i had to start my game over, but id rather have that than the alternative.

so its possible that the save file was corrupted, rather than anything wrong with the mods or their installation.

Archived