No Electronic Arts folder?

After you installed Sims 4 via Origin, did you launch it first before installing mods so it can create the folder in your Documents? The Electronic Arts folder is located in your Documents. Where you install your mods at.

Unless you are using a pirated copy of Sims 4, then it could be any where. And we don't support piracy here.

Okay, did you make sure you have an Electronic Arts folder in your Documents?

WickedWhims should be extracted (don't put just the zip file in there). Paste ALL the package files and the one json file into your Mods folder in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\

Same place where the Resource.cfg file is located. When you go ingame, make sure you also have Enable Custom Content checked in your options. AND Script Mods checked as well.

Only other thing I can think of, are you installing it on OneDrive? It's that stupid cloud thingy that Windows 10 has. If so, that is your problem. OneDrive sucks, don't use it.

That is really the only other reason I can think of. The path should be:

C:\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\

If that doesn't exist, then check your OneDrive if you are using it (which you shouldn't be). If that is the case, you need to reinstall Sims 4 (and probably Origin) and don't install it on the OneDrive. Install Origin to C: drive (not program files either, just the C: drive). Then make sure your game install path is set to C:\Origin\Origin Games\

This way nothing is in your program files and you don't have to worry about protection stuff preventing you from doing anything without admin permissions.

If that isn't the case, and you're not using OneDrive, then I'm not sure what else to tell you. One thing you can try, go into your Documents and delete the Electronic Arts folder. Then start Sims 4 and it will generate a new Electronic Arts folder in your Documents (where it should be). Change your settings again and all that fun stuff, but don't exit yet. Go ahead and click play to make a starter Sim, move it into a house or lot, and then save. Then exit the game. This way you get a fresh Electronic Arts folder that has loaded all the way in the game.

Then try putting in WickedWhims and see what happens. Don't forget to make a backup if you have any old saves you don't want to lose.

• 11 months later...
On 10/11/2017 at 2:08 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

Just read the installation process and move files manually instead of using the installer - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/77386-wickedwhims-help-center/

I have exactly the same problem and I already did all that's recommended. An it's my first time using WW since I started playing The Sims 4. I have no idea what could be the cause. But I see WW in the game though.

My biggest concern is that it might cause troubles in the long run...

Screenshot (3).png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived