Okay, so I know there are a few other past threads about this, but none of them seemed to have a conclusive answer, so I'm hoping for a more up-to-date answer.

In the past I've used SexLab with Immersive First Person, which worked very easily but frankly it sucks for combat as the camera is just too jittery for any kind of accurate aiming. I much prefer Enhanced Camera for this because it keeps the smooth first person camera for combat, so my aiming is marginally improved :)

However, for SexLab scenes it has a number of minor issues; most notably when switching into first person mode during a scene, many animations suffer from a 180 degree flip of the camera, and even when it does work I find that parts of my character's hair (using the apache hairs mod) is sometimes still visible, even though I've confirmed that the head node is disabled in all of enhanced camera's settings. Also noticeable is that the player's head is basically crushed (presumably to keep it from clipping through the camera), but when the view is glitched this can be seen.

Thing is, as long as I'm in first person mode when the scene begins there is no problem at all, the view lines up perfectly. The problems only seem to occur when I switch into first person from third during a scene. So obviously enhanced camera is doing something to change the first person settings during SL scenes, but I'm at a loss as to what, or what setting(s) may be controlling it.

While it's not the end of the world to just try and remember to be in first person as the scene begins, I'd really like to be able to switch in and out freely. So, does anyone have any idea how I can ensure that first person view during SL scenes always matches what I get when the scene is initiated in first person?

I've already enabled settings to force first person, but all these do is block scripted switches to 3rd person that the player didn't ask for.

Or alternatively, is there any way to get the same kind of smooth camera movement for Immersive First Person?

There's no way to get Enhanced Camera to work correctly with SL scenes. This is what I do:

1) Use Enhanced Camera for normal gameplay

2) I also have Immersive First Person View installed, but I configured the INI so that it only enables when I press the toggle hotkey. I also configured the INI specifically to look good in SL first person scenes, since that's all I use it for (so slightly lower FOV for less fisheye effect on closeups, setting nearclip to 1 so you can get really close to the other character without their body disappearing, adjusting the camera position so it's well placed right at your character's eye level but not too far forward, configuring various other tweaks to allow good rotation, etc.)

Whenever starting an SL scene, I just press my hotkey and it switches right into IFPV, and when finished I press it again and it switches back to Enhanced Camera. Works perfectly. Basically with this combination you get all three options: Enhanced Camera, third person, and IFPV.

Since I already did the work and I don't remember all the details, I'll just attach my IFPV INI file that I use. Just install IFPV and overrwrite the default INI file with mine, and you can make edits to it if you want, but I recommend trying it as-is first. Some notes about my INI file:

- Every hotkey in IFPV is disabled except the toggle on/off key which I've set to HOME, you can change it in the INI (try putting it on mouse button 3, the scroll wheel click). So you don't have to worry about any extra crap from IFPV accidentally getting activated.

- IFPV will never enable until you press HOME, at which point it will replace the vanilla third person view (and auto switch to it), but Enhanced Camera will still be active for first person view. So you can actually leave IFPV enabled, and switching between first and third person views will switch between Enhanced Camera and IFPV, and you won't have any third person view. Simply pressing HOME again will disable IFPV and re-enable vanilla third person view, so in SL scenes you can freely switch between IFPV and third person by pressing HOME and just ignore Enhanced Camera, which won't get enabled unless you press the toggle first person vanilla hotkey or zoom in all the way with your mousewheel.

Important note: IFPV will show your helmet or headgear equipped, there's a setting that allows you to hide the helmet but I don't recommend enabling it because there were some problems with it which I don't remember. Instead I recommend setting SL to always strip the player's helmet/circlet.

- IFPV will use its default profile if you use it in normal gameplay, there's an SL profile that automatically gets enabled when an SL scene is running. This SL profile adjusts the camera in the following ways while an SL scene is running, and automatically reverts these changes when the SL scene ends or you turn off IFPV:
-- Changes how the mouse rotation works, this is necessary because otherwise you get locked towards where your characters eyes are pointing in the animation which may be some weird angle making it really difficult to look at the other character.
-- Disables the headtracking so you can look where you want without annoyances
-- Sets nearclip to 1 so you can see the other character close-up without going through their body.
-- Sets the FOV to the game default 65 (this is a temporary override and doesn't stay, it reverts to whatever you had before as soon as the SL scene ends or you press HOME), I put this in because I normally use a higher FOV for gameplay but when face to face really close to another actor with my IFPV settings I found the default 65 the best. You can change or delete this in the INI of course, in the SLProfile section.

- I also changed a few other IFPV settings that affect the whole mod, not just the SL profile, mostly camera related stuff like giving a little extra rotation angles and adjusting the camera position a little backwards inside your character's head, the IFPV default has the camera too far forward, past your eyes, this looks bad in SL scenes because when you look down, the camera rotates back towards your body, basically you can't look at the other person immersively (the defaults were set for examining your own body).

I've been using this setup for a really long time now (I have HOME programmed to one of my extra mouse buttons for Skyrim) and I think it works really well. I also recommend Customizable Camera to adjust your vanilla third person view to better fit SL (Customizable Camera has a special view mode that can be toggled with a hotkey, you can use this specifically for SL scenes, for example with a lower camera position that actually lets you view lying down animations from the side).

FirstPersonPlugin.txt

Wow, this is an awesome help, thanks!

I'll give it a try as-is, but taking a peek at the default settings I noticed there's an option to use vanilla first-person during combat (weapons drawn), under the {CombatInVanillaFirstPerson} section, have you given that a try at all to see if it eliminates the need for a hotkey?

I might give it a go as well, as combat really is the main issue for me with IFPV, so if I can have Enhanced Camera take over for combat and use IFPV for everything else it may be just what I need.

yes, that is how i use IFPV

first i had it only disabled for archery but that wasnt very great (it worked half the time depending on when i pressed the hotkey and such)

then i just went all out and set it up to always trigger in combat and it works great - for spells, melee and ranged weapons

Wow, this is an awesome help, thanks!

I'll give it a try as-is, but taking a peek at the default settings I noticed there's an option to use vanilla first-person during combat (weapons drawn), under the {CombatInVanillaFirstPerson} section, have you given that a try at all to see if it eliminates the need for a hotkey?

I might give it a go as well, as combat really is the main issue for me with IFPV, so if I can have Enhanced Camera take over for combat and use IFPV for everything else it may be just what I need.

I haven't used that option but I'm not interested in trying it - I don't want to use IFPV for anything other than SL scenes because I think Enhanced Camera is much better for all forms of gameplay include just walking around. Also, using IFPV for non-combat gameplay would require me to use that "hide helmet" option and like I said there was some problem or bug with it that I don't remember.

As for not needing the hotkey, with my setup you actually don't. Since IFPV simply replaces third person view, if you don't want to use the hotkey then you can just leave IFPV enabled - Enhanced Camera will be your first person camera, IFPV will be your third person camera, and you can use the vanilla camera toggle (or mousewheel zoom) to switch between them. SexLab automatically switches to third person when starting a scene, so if you were using Enhanced Camera for gameplay, SL will essentially auto-activate IFPV when starting the scene. The only problem is that SL also auto-switches to third person when exiting a scene, so it won't auto-switch back to Enhanced Camera when ending the scene. That's exactly why I mentioned that I changed that line of code in the SL script so that when it exits a scene, it forces first person instead of third person. So in my game, if I leave IFPV enabled and play with Enhanced Camera, SL will automatically enable IFPV when starting a scene and then automatically switch back to Enhanced Camera when exiting a scene.

I set things up like that specifically to make it seamless for me, but in practice I find that I tend to just keep IFPV off and manually control it, simply because I have the hotkey assigned to one of my extra mouse buttons so it's very easy and hassle-free for me to toggle it when I want, basically muscle memory at this point. Keeping IFPV enabled for the seamless experience does mean you sacrifice real third person view, but I don't use it anyway.

Extra note - In my SLProfile for IFPV I have nearclip set to 1 so you can get close to the other actor without clipping their body, this is absolutely essential but it has a few graphical side effects though. It causes distant things like mountains to have crazy z-fighting and it reduces the range at which ENB SSAO works (it will work on the other actor but it won't work on far away stuff like those z fighting mountains). I found this isn't a problem because you are obviously not looking at far away stuff during a first person SL scene. Whenever not in an SL scene, it's fine because it reverts the nearclip to default (and when IFPV is toggled off of course).

So I tried with IFPV enabled except for combat, and Enhanced Camera enabled hoping it would kick-in only for combat, but I just couldn't get it to play nice; I think there's some conflict with having both of them enabled as during SL scenes if I tried to switch views it would still prioritise Enhanced Camera, so somehow Enhanced Camera is taking over the button in favour of IFPV (since they don't overwrite each other it's something non-load order related). As far as I can tell there's no way to completely disable Enhanced Camera during SL scenes either.

In the end I've just disabled Enhanced Camera for now; I'm not actually that bothered about not seeing my body during combat, and IFPV's vanilla first person during combat settings seems to work really smoothly, jittering slightly while walking around without weapons drawn is mostly a minor annoyance for me as I mostly play third person outside of combat and SL scenes, and always have weapons handy when exploring dungeons.

I guess part of the problem is that I'm not trying to play in first person all the time; I like being able to switch frequently, even during SL scenes, and switching a lot seems to be where issues arise with Enhanced Camera and SL in particular.

I might try Joy of Perspective as an alternative for adding a first person body during combat only, as I don't think it should conflict. It's a shame though, as I do like some of the other Enhanced Camera improvements, but it just doesn't seem to want to give up control over the perspective switching key.

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, did you try my INI file? I explained really clearly how it works, you have to use two separate hotkeys. The vanilla perspective hotkey always switches between Enhanced Camera and the "other camera" and the IFPV hotkey switches the "other camera" between third person and IFPV. When you are in an SL scene you don't use the vanilla perspective key, you have to use the IFPV hotkey which will switch you between IFPV and third person view. Enhanced Camera will stay out of the way as long as you don't press the vanilla perspective key. What you're asking for is how I play the game all the time, seems to work fine for me, you just have to get used to managing two camera keys instead of one.

Based on your language I'm not sure you understand how the two camera mods work, of course they will never overwrite each other because they are in fact non-conflicting camera mods that don't even mod the same part of the game.

Enhanced Camera is an actual first person camera mod that edits the vanilla first person camera.

IFPV is a third person camera mod, it does not touch the first person camera in any way. It is a fake first person camera (its the third person camera, just placed right at the characters head and with the character's head hidden - this is why it always works perfectly with any animation, it's just a repositioned third person camera with effects). During an SL scene you always stay in third person view, using the the IFPV hotkey to switch between real third person and the "fake first person but actually still third person" IFPV, you never press the vanilla perspective key to go into real first person.

I tried your INI and tried editing my own but both were causing me problems. I wanted to mainly use enhanced camera for combat, immersive for everything else, so the first thing I attempted was to install both programs and then in IFPV I would just disable it when in combat. I was hoping this would set it up so that enhanced camera would only be used for combat.

It seemed to work, but then I have been getting a very specific glitch. Basically if I have both mods installed, whenever IFPV is activated I get horrible clipping issues where a huge chunk of the top part of my characters torso disappears, all the way to down past the boobs. This glitch happens whether I try my own config or I try the INI you provided above. Now if I delete enhanced camera this problem goes away, so the only thing I can assume is that it is some sort of conflict between the 2 mods, but as you said above that wouldn't make sense because the mods do 2 completely different things.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting this clipping glitch whenever I install enhanced camera? Do I need an older version of it perhaps? Is there a way to disable enhanced camera for everything except combat in it's INI? Or perhaps there is a solution like some kind of clipping adjustment I could make to my IFPV ini file. Some help would be appreciated.

Oh, well if you want to use IFPV for exploring and Enhanced Combat for fighting that makes it more complicated... I honestly wouldn't recommend that. I think it's better and also much more hassle free to just use Enhanced Camera for all gameplay.

The disappearing torso thing is due to the game's camera near clip setting (the distance below which the game won't render anything) which is actually something both mods modify. Actually it wasn't fully accurate that they are completely separate, I just forgot because I solved all these problems long ago, they do modify different cameras (first person versus third person) however they also modify some global settings like nearclip distance.

If you go to your Enhanced Camera INI file in the SKSE folder, you'll see a section with all the "fneardistance" values it sets, which should all be set to 15.0 for vanilla default, which is what is best to use with Enhanced Camera. When you are in first person view with IFPV turned off (meaning not running in the background either, actually toggled off) the game will use these settings set by Enhanced Camera. These are regular gameplay settings, you shouldn't need to set any lower unless you are right in someones face (ie SexLab) - setting to 1.0 effectively disables nearclip and allows you to always see everything no matter how close it is, but it's really not recommended for gameplay because it will cause distance objects like mountains and landscapes to have extreme z-fighting and will also limit ENB's SSAO effect to a very short radius around the player. The closer you get to 1.0 from 15.0 the more these issues get stronger, you might be able to lower it somewhat if you want.

When IFPV is toggled on (either active in the third person view, or "in the background" when you are in Enhanced Camera but IFPV is still turned on - I think, I don't remember this part 100% because it's been a while since I tested this) the game uses the near clip settings from IFPV instead. In my INI that I shared, I only set near clip distance to 1.0 in the SLProfile which only runs when there is an SL scene playing. When using IFPV during regular gameplay, it uses one of its other profiles. If you use the default INI settings where IFPV tries to take over as your main camera or whatever it does (I don't use that mode), it basically selects between different profiles based on what's happening in the game and each profile has its own nearclip settings, and the latest versions of IFPV also introduced some weird dynamic nearclip setting where it constantly changes your nearclip based on what angle you are looking - I think the author did this to try to make it so you can have a low nearclip when looking at things but a normal nearclip when the mod things you are looking towards the distance, but I don't know how well that works, it sounds pretty suspicious to me. On the other hand, if you use my INI where I configured IFPV to start disabled and only activate via the hotkey, I think it only uses two profiles - the SLProfile when a scene is running and the default profile (at the bottom of the INI) for other gameplay. So the nearclip settings in that profile will be active, and I don't remember if I configured those so it may still be default, and possibly using that weird dynamic nearclip thing.

One thing you should test is use my IFPV during an SL scene and see if you are having the same problem with your disappearing body. You could be able to see everything, if not then something else is interfering.

I might as well post my Enhanced Camera INI too if you want to try it. I have the near distance override enabled, don't remember if that was off by default or not. Either way, with this Enhanced Camera INI and the IFPV INI I posted earlier I never have any clipping issues.

SKSE_EnhancedCamera.zip

I figured it was something to do with the clipping settings. I don't mind using IFVP for only sexlab and using enhanced for everything else, that would be fine to me. My main goal is to get IFVP for sexlab without enhanced camera interfering. The rest I can work around, because IFVP is just far superior for sexlab, but it's kind of glitchy for combat.

My main issue with IFVP combat is with bows. It really screws up arrow aiming badly, makes my shot go about an inch above the crosshair. I have a fix for that(proper aiming mod), but that mod only works in Vanilla first person, doesn't help in IFPV. It also makes it so that when I sneak with a bow out the bow will be bobbing back n forth in front of my screen which blocks my view. It's actually doing what it's supposed to, because my sneak animation with a bow out does have the bow bobbing in front of my characters face in 3rd person, but it's definitely a huge distraction. 

I think a work around would be "Archery Gameplay Overhaul", but that mod would pretty badly conflict with Perkus Maximus because it alters bow draw speeds, so that's a no go. I like how IFPV has a setting to disable when you're aiming with a bow, but it's not enough for my issues. I would need it to disable entirely whenever a bow is equip, but be activated for any other weapon. I checked it's readme and I don't think there's a way to do that, there's only the command that it already has in the .INI which disables it with any weapon being drawn.

To sum up my pointless ramblings, the only reason I wanted to use Enhanced Camera was because of those specific issues IFPV is giving me whenever I'm using a bow, if I could fix those then I wouldn't need EC.

I appreciate the response, a lot of useful info in there and I will give your INI a try. Until then if anyone has found work-arounds for using IFPV with archery/bows equip, please let me know.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 5:07 PM, anony_mouse said:

No hay forma de que la cámara mejorada funcione correctamente con escenas SL. Esto es lo que hago:

1) Usar la cámara mejorada para el juego normal

2) También tengo instalada la vista en primera persona inmersiva, pero configuré el INI para que solo se active cuando presiono la tecla de acceso rápido. También configuré el INI específicamente para que se vea bien en escenas en primera persona de SL, ya que eso es todo lo que uso (un FOV ligeramente menor para un efecto menos ojo de pez en los primeros, estableciendo cerca de clip en 1 para que pueda acercarse mucho al otro sin su cuerpo desapareciendo, ajustando la posición de la cámara para que esté bien colocada justo al nivel de los ojos de su personaje pero no muy hacia adelante, configurando otros ajustes para permitir una buena rotación, etc.)

Cada vez que empiezo una escena de SL, simplemente presiono mi tecla de acceso rápido y cambia a la derecha en IFPV, y cuando termine lo presiono de nuevo y vuelve a la cámara mejorada. Funciona perfectamente. Básicamente, con esta combinación, obtienes las tres opciones: cámara mejorada, tercera persona e IFPV.

Como ya hice el trabajo y no recuerdo todos los detalles, solo adjuntaré mi archivo IFPV INI que uso. Simplemente instale IFPV y sobrescriba el archivo INI predeterminado con el mío, y puede editarlo si lo desea, pero recomiendo probarlo tal como está primero. Algunas notas sobre mi archivo INI:

- Cada tecla de acceso rápido en IFPV está desactivada, excepto la tecla de activación / desactivación que he establecido en INICIO, puede cambiarla en INI (intente ponerla en el botón 3 del mouse, haga clic con la rueda de desplazamiento). Por lo tanto, no tiene que preocuparse por la posibilidad de que accidentalmente se active accidentalmente el IFPV.

- El IFPV nunca lo habilitará hasta que presione INICIO, en ese punto reemplazará la vista en tercera persona (y cambiará automáticamente a ella), pero la Cámara mejorada seguirá activa para la vista en primera persona. Por lo tanto, puede dejar IFPV habilitado y al cambiar entre vistas de primera y tercera persona se cambiará de cámara mejorada e IFPV, y no tendrá vista en tercera persona. Simplemente presionando HOME de nuevo desactivará el IFPV y volverá a habilitar la vista en tercera persona, de modo que en escenas SL puede cambiar libremente entre IFPV y tercera persona al presionar HOME y simplemente ignorar la cámara mejorada, que no se activará a menos que presione el botón persona tecla de acceso rápido de vainilla o acercar todo el camino con la rueda del mouse.

Nota importante: IFPV mostrará su casco o casco equipado, hay una configuración que le permite ocultar el casco, pero no recomiendo habilitarlo porque hubo algunos problemas que no recuerdo. En su lugar, recomiendo configurar SL para que siempre quite el casco / el anillo del jugador.

- IFPV usará su perfil predeterminado si lo usas en el modo de juego normal, hay un perfil SL que se habilita automáticamente cuando se está ejecutando una escena SL. Este perfil SL ajusta la cámara de las siguientes maneras mientras se está ejecutando una escena SL, y revierte automáticamente estos cambios cuando la escena SL finaliza o apaga el IFPV:
- Cambia cómo funciona la rotación del mouse, esto es necesario porque de lo contrario te bloquean hacia donde apuntan los ojos de tus personajes en la animación, lo que puede ser un ángulo extraño, lo que hace que sea muy difícil mirar al otro personaje.
- Desactiva el headtracking para que puedas mirar donde quieras sin molestias
- Establece closeclip en 1 para que puedas ver el primer plano del otro personaje sin pasar por su cuerpo.
- Establece el campo de visión en el juego por defecto 65 (esta es una anulación temporal y no se queda, revierte a lo que tenías antes tan pronto como finaliza la escena SL o presionas INICIO), puse esto porque normalmente uso un campo de visión más alto para el juego, pero cuando me encuentro cara a cara muy cerca de otro actor con mi configuración IFPV, encontré el valor predeterminado 65 como el mejor. Puede cambiarlo o eliminarlo en el INI, por supuesto, en la sección SLProfile.

- También cambié algunas otras configuraciones IFPV que afectan a todo el mod, no solo al perfil SL, principalmente cosas relacionadas con la cámara como dar ángulos de rotación extra y ajustar la posición de la cámara un poco hacia atrás dentro de la cabeza de tu personaje, el IFPV tiene el cámara demasiado hacia adelante, más allá de los ojos, esto se ve mal en escenas SL porque cuando miras hacia abajo, la cámara gira hacia tu cuerpo, básicamente no puedes mirar a la otra persona inmersivamente (los valores predeterminados fueron establecidos para examinar tu propio cuerpo )

He estado usando esta configuración durante mucho tiempo (tengo HOME programado para uno de mis botones extra para Skyrim) y creo que funciona muy bien. También recomiendo la cámara personalizable para ajustar su vista en tercera persona para mejor ajustar SL (cámara personalizable tiene un modo de vista especial que se puede alternar con una tecla rápida, puede usar esto específicamente para escenas SL, por ejemplo con una posición de cámara más baja que le permite ver animaciones de acostado desde un lado).

FirstPersonPlugin.txt

I love you

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

How do i change toggle key of IFPV? I want to set it to numpad 8 instead of HOME key. I tried changing it few times but it doesn't work, seems like it is permanently set to Home key. I will try to set it up to another key perhaps from letters and see what happens but tbh i really want it to be numpad 8 or 9. Please help

Edit: lol i am stupid, i was doing it wrong. You have to actually change the keycode which is set to 0x24. Anyway thanks for config ?