Those look great, as do the others added in that update. The glow on the constellations is a nice touch.

Thanks! I thought it made sense to use Racemenu's glow feature with those, but for those who may be new to RaceMenu or Skyrim in general, they do not glow by default!

The birthsign / constellation tats would really be useful in Slavetats if there was a mod that would apply one and potentially a magical effect when you changed standing stones. I'll post a json file later as long as that's ok but I don't know if skyrimLL is still working on his Standing Stone fetish system for Stories or not.

I think he does, but he works on pretty much all his mods and afaik the standing stones are very very low in his priority... 

DISCLAIMER: I am not an artist.

I think you're wrong. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the file

You'll need to make a slavetats folder in the "textures\actors\character" folder and copy the "jexams" folder from overlays to it. I'm not sure if slavetats requires the images there but it works the best. This file goes in the slavetats, not jexams folder.

I found a major discrepancy when I was trying to figure out why this isn't working. When I went to edit the .json file (and I opened another .json to see the difference) I saw that instead of 4 spaces for each line you just used tab, which was causing it to not work.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the file

You'll need to make a slavetats folder in the "textures\actors\character" folder and copy the "jexams" folder from overlays to it. I'm not sure if slavetats requires the images there but it works the best. This file goes in the slavetats, not jexams folder.

I found a major discrepancy when I was trying to figure out why this isn't working. When I went to edit the .json file (and I opened another .json to see the difference) I saw that instead of 4 spaces for each line you just used tab, which was causing it to not work.

What text editor did you use? Notepad++ saved what works in my game and I just uploaded it. Something must have converted the spaces to tabs but I don't think it was my editor.

Here's the file

What text editor did you use? Notepad++ saved what works in my game and I just uploaded it. Something must have converted the spaces to tabs but I don't think it was my editor.

I think I just have regular Notepad. It's definitely not Notepad++, but I did have to edit it in order to get it to work on my own game. Eh, things happen.

The new tats look nice, and being able to split the rose and stem is something I've wanted for a leg tat/overlay - the large rose one.

I installed this file as a new mod in MO and unchecked the old one, but then wondered why the entries were not showing up in Slavetats... oops. Had to move the json.

Hey Jexsam. Just got around to checking back on this mod, only to be very pleasantly surprised that you took my birthsigns suggestion. Thanks, truly. I've wanted a set of birthsign tattoos for ages and you did an excellent job.

Screenshot of that character I mentioned before, now as I originally envisioned her with the Serpent tattooed on her arm:

8.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...