Mod Organizer Load Order???

You see that little lightning besides every mod? When there is a "+" it means this mod is replacing something from another mod, and when there is a "-" it means the mod is replacing a file from this mod
Right click a mod and go into "information", there will be a tab called "conflicts", there you can see exacly wich file is replacing what
what you want to do is orderby what you want to replace what, just like the load order what is in bottom will be the mod that will take effect

just taking a quick look i see that "xp32" is before "realistic ragdolls and force", it should be after!

The left pane is the "Install Order".  Lower down in the "install order" will overwrite the mods above it.  Right pane is the load order, just like NMM.  Usually the install order doesn't matter (like different texture packs or sound mods), however, things like XP32 Expanded Skeletons and other such important mods shouldn't be overwritten, but have them overwrite other mods.  Also, it is a good idea to have mod patches below their core mod.  A simple drag 'n drop lower down will solve that.  Also keep in mind, that any Unmanaged/Non-MO mods will override any MO mods, (Loose files in the Data directory).

I hope I cleared that up :)

In addition to the answers above and a bit closer to your question: Yes, Loot only sorts the load order just like in NMM. And yes, sometimes problems can occure if those orders are different. Compared to NMM, it's the decision if you want a mod overwrite everything else or not, but if you make a mistake in NMM you have to reinstall, if it's wrong in MO you just change the order by drag&drop at the left side.

Keeping both sides similar is a good advice that at least can't go wrong, but it's not really necessary for all mods. In some cases MO will tell you that there is a conflict, but beware: do NOT use the automatic option. Remember the mods it mentions, and sort them manually at the left side, the auto sort for this is really stupid (but NMM even misses the warnings). Usually it gets right what should be before another mod, but most often it changes the place of the wrong mod. Like, mods at place 10 and 100 have a conflict, and it would be usefull to put the one from place 10 to place 101, it puts the mod from 100 to place 9 wich can cause other problems again.

Even if you don't have a clue, in my experience your guess will be better than the guess from MO in which order they should be changed. ;)

Archived