(self promotion for gofundme, hey at least I'm honest) need a better PC

https://www.gofundme.com/smg2jxf7

I tried this last year and posted it only very few places since I didn't feel right spamming it everywhere...well and facebook of course...but it didn't really get close at all to the goal. My entire PC is filled with old and mismatched parts, and I can't even enjoy newer MMOs as much. To put it into perspective...in World of Warcraft...I get 15-25 FPS in crowded areas. Thats cause my CPU is an i5 660 3.3 GHz and is old as heck and was a cheap ass CPU even when it was "new". I DID upgrade my GPU to a GTX 970, but its so heavily bottlenecked by the CPU its crazy. So that does cut down the initial goal price.

The problem comes to, if I upgrade my CPU I need to upgrade my motherboard because my motherboard isn't compatible with newer CPUs. I also need new ram, but that is the cheapest part of all.

Can't play Black Desert Online even on the lowest and still get below 30 fps. Get decent FPS in WoW until I enter anywhere with groups of people, defeating the purpose of an MMO. Can't even enjoy Star Citizen cause the FPS is so bad. But its other games too, can't enjoy Skyrim or Fallout 4 or anything because those two are heavy CPU dependent. And I much prefer a PC than a console (don't have a console at all), even have an Xbox One controller to do racing games and stuff (controllers definitely nice for some stuff). 

The worst part for me personally is I can't even enjoy Cities Skylines because its too CPU intensive for my CPU :( I can make small towns, but once it gets to a big city the game lags so much and is very hefty on the hardware. That is my favorite city building game too.

So if you feel like throwing some cash at the gofundmepage, that would be great :) if not, that is good too. I don't expect or even want people to throw millions of dollars at me lol

For 1500 dollars you might as well get a GTX 1080.

Well, I'm hoping for 600-800 or so dollars since I upgraded my GPU. That still probably not likely and I don't actually expect it. Like I said, I don't expect people to throw money out their window so to speak lol.

Still, I have to actually update the page with the new GPU. Every time I edit the page it resets back to what it was, but its probably cause my phone or something. But my grandma said to keep the same goal, just update the page saying I was able to get a graphics card upgrade. Not like my current GPU does much when its so bottlenecked lol.

Your price is too high.  For just slightly more, you can build an entire current-generation high-end gaming rig.  You already have a case, power supply, monitor, keyboard, mouse, video card, HDD (and maybe SSD?), operating system, etc.  You just need board, processor, and RAM by your own admission.

Stop being greedy.  If you want people to help you, don't expect the best of the best.

Well I'd need to upgrade my power supply anyway. I do have a case, and a keyboard/monitor/mouse so that does cut a bit of the price. But, that looks really decent and be nice for long-term so I don't have to worry about upgrading for a long while. I'll keep that saved just in case. Thanks :)

That looks like it would play pretty much any game thrown at it, and be a bit of future-proofing. Still, I don't expect people to throw that much money at it lol.

I've seen other gofundme and a lot of people expect way too much money and their sob sad stories the people give them a lot (some which turn out to be fake sadly). I just put an honest blip up since I wasn't looking for people to donate because they felt sorry or whatever. Just an honest page. But hopefully I can get some upgrades to play the current games out. Like I said, don't expect it to be completely filled, but it be nice to get some good modern upgrades since my stuff is so old.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped the price to 500.

Someone gifted me a SSD and a better power supply since I guess he upgraded and was looking to sell/give them away anyway. That is really nice of him, and lucky for me. I already got a good GPU. Plus, I can put in some of own money. So the goal price of 500 should be a lot better and more realistic.