Raw 18+ RP/pvp Conan Exile Server

clats

@clats

spent a few hours on the server, community seems very nice so far, most still try to get settled in though.

Seems to be half/half NA and EU players so far.

Have a few things noticed so far regarding the server settings:

- Some said they still starved while offline

- Armor seems to break really easy, especially pants (might be intended lol)

- resources spawn is a bit long, waited 1 and a half ingame days and still no new spawns on iron

- some and myself noticed our dead bodies despawned in under 3 minutes, this however might have been a bug

Great work on your behalf, this will be a great thing !

btw - nice little villa you build - first stop nightclub for newbies ? :D

Hey clats,

community is growing.

Did not find any text channel for discussing of server settings, reporting bases blocking NPC Camps and stuff, think might be helping all of us establishing one on discord.

Will post here for now:

- Played on a server before where the aggro range of critters was tuned down, helped performance as well as newbies getting hunted down by crocs over half the map :D

- Far in the east there is a base atop a mesa right at a bandit camp, run by ROMULUS, never seen him/her on yet, spawn for thralls is completely blocked (my starter home is nearby, should not block anything, plz no witchcraft)

@ Sanity Absent  The link for the Discord chat is on the first post

Discord Chat Server
Raw Conan Exile Chat (RCEC) Invite: https://discord.gg/nqvZAzA
-must have a verified account with discord to join the discord server

-You don't have to have discord to play.

I will also use discord to warn everyone currently on the server when I have to install an update. Because when I do get the update for my game I can't login the server to warn people because the version numbers don't match.

@ClawDraconia

sorry for the misunderstanding quite tired while working a bit :D

Already was on the server specific Discord today and had a few nice chats.

Just did not find any text channel seemingly fitting to suggestions/issues. Just the RP, backstories, guilds, announcements and mod discussion as far I can remember. That is why I posted here.

Will come on again later today.

!!!!!IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!!!

The server connection has been crashing recently on a daily basis ever since the patch on wednesday. I have read from other admins that it has to do with the land claim changes introduced from wednesdays patch. If players have already claimed land on npc camps before the patch it causes a big discrepancy in the servers game database when it updates to the new patch making the game database corrupt. There are official servers having the same issue and the only solution is to WIPE the game database which they and other private servers have done. Some server admins knew it was coming and wiped their databases Wednesday evening EST right after updating they're servers.

I have given it much thought and I will be WIPING the SERVER. This is a case where server disconnects will be ongoing permanently if I don't. Knowone knows when, but it will happen 100% on a daily basis which is unacceptable when there is a solution to fix it.

Know that Funcom is doing live patch testing beforehand, hopefully the updates will be safer from know on. *Fingers crossed.

The server will be starting up again after the wipe Today at 1:00 pm EST.  I will not be continue playing as Red Sonia. I will be spending my time as Admin in the game making sure rules are followed and cleaning up land from exploits, which is what a lot of admins need to do. I will also be making a Coliseum to host fighting events that will be organized. People can come a test there skill against a variety of creatures and enemies that will be spawned (by me) into the Coliseum. I'll post more details to the Coliseum as I work on building it in-game.

Hi sonia

Sofia here

if we are whiping can we consider having 2x xp just to speed things up a bit for a few days. dunno if avatars should be enabled as ther a bit op atm.

people were waiting for a responce or notice in doscord however.

popping on discord for a chat wouldnt be amiss :)

SETTING CHANGES:

Player XP Gains for Crafting and Harvesting are back to Vanilla as Funcom intended. This server is not about getting to level 50 sooner than later. Build the community and have fun! Killing should be the highest XP gain, because it requires the most risk. Killing will stay at vanilla settings as well.

Hunger Rate is 0.5 now. Hopefully that means you only need to eat 2-3 times a day.

NPC Respawn Multiplier is now 0.75.
Hyena's will not be sneaking up on you so often (maybe if you go afk for a while). Once you kill something, it will take longer for another one to come back.

Resource Respawn Multiplier is now 0.75.
Once you harvest something, it will take longer for another one to come back. This will make it tougher at the beginning, but when you start using a steel tools the amounts you harvest in regular resources is insane. It is also very immersion breaking to have stones, trees and shrubs rez right back in front of you in a matter of less than 30 mins. Now that enemy respawn rates are lower you will be able to travel further which is good because there is a lot of land with lots of resources everywhere!

RULE Additions:

4) Do not take advantage of game exploits. This is an early access game and it has a lot of bugs and needs a lot of tweaking and changes, so please don't play the game how it wasn't intended to be played.

EX:Do not build bases that are at a players height above ground on a cliff to avoid npc(s) damaging your home... That would be an exploit. If you build a base on a cliff which requires stairs to get into, but you destroy those stairs once finished so knowbody can "Knock on the door", that is a game exploit.

5) No Bases from the north banks of the starting river and south of it. You can make a small home big enough to fit all your workbenches. Definitely NO THRALLS!!!!! All homes/bases for personal  or clan must be built north of the starting river. Why? Because this is land reserved for New Players. They deserve the same chance everyone got at the beginning. Bases scare the hell out of anyone and when your just starting it's not nice, specially when everything else can kill you if your not prepared. A lot of new players have come into the server and left within 15 minutes. NEWBIE's deserve that chance first day players got. Houses the size of Red Sonia's are acceptable but no bigger (Her spot is free for grabs now too). Keep the pathways clear. New players need to see the river asap, those are high priority paths to help new players survive and stand a reasonable chance.

Failure to follow the rules regarding Building can lead to destruction of your home/base. I will try to warn the player first.

Also if you want to build a public place it can not have thralls or it will be deemed a base. Clans can not build an entire public place because if enemies arise they can be quickly convert it to a base by simply adding doors and Walls. A public place must have a different owner for buildings/structures. That way they must stay united regardless of clan/religion or they will run a risk of loosing their store in war.

After the action taken to wipe the server, i do not wish to continue, to me it wasn't about a race to 50, it was about roleplaying with the community, and how my character had developed to perform more tasks, to have to spend another week straight playing to "catch up" would destroy so much, it seems hypocritcal of you to be so acommodating to new players and disown the ones that put so much work into the server only to receive nothing in return.  what surprises me even more, is you claim exploits shouldn't be used as its not the way the game intended, then should we not, as players who have been exploited by the game, and this server wipe, receive what we lost, as it was a non intentional part of the game?

Wipes are going to be common with early access. With so much new content and so much repairing/exploit debugging it's inevitable. Tried setting up a public mod testing server last night, what a pain to get mods installed on hosted server; FTP completely dysfunctional at gameservers.com; will have to look around at other services, see if there's a better solution. Or, just create a public/dedicated server using local hardware.  

To make server wipe-proof, and play with a less gamey, grindy, MMOish feel:

[max level in a few minutes]

PlayerXPRateMultiplier=100.000000

PlayerXPKillMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPHarvestMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPCraftMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPTimeMultiplier=100.000000

[no food grind]
PlayerIdleHungerMultiplier=0.0100000
PlayerIdleThirstMultiplier=0.0100000
PlayerActiveThirstMultiplier=0.100000
PlayerActiveHungerMultiplier=0.100000
ItemSpoilRateScale=0.100000

[less MMOish respawns, more skyrim]

NPCRespawnMultiplier=20.00000

[funcom is notorious for health sponges (dps pinatas); excesses of timesink/grind] 

PlayerDamageMultiplier=1.500000

NPCDamageMultiplier=1.500000

[aggro range reduced to ~30 yards; more realistic, territorial and better server performance]

MaxAggroRange=900.000000

[much greater durability; less forced and gamey -- fuck time-sinks]

DurabilityMultiplier=0.001000

ShieldDurabilityMultiplier=0.500000

[very short night cycle replaced by long dusk and dawn]

DayCycleSpeedScale=0.100000
DayTimeSpeedScale=0.100000
NightTimeSpeedScale=500.000000
DawnDuskSpeedScale=0.100000

[harvest to encourage exploration, ranging]
HarvestAmountMultiplier=1.500000
ResourceRespawnSpeedMultiplier=0.300000
CraftingCostMultiplier=0.300000

NoOwnership=true  [that everyone builds stuff together/apart and use whatever, less self-grinding timesink].

ChatHasGlobal=False [explore to find others; set meeting/gathering areas]
ChatLocalRadius=10000.0

I'll configure something like this, if I can get public mods working. The above settings are less for a "builder's" grindfest and more for exploration, raiding, pvp, and teamwork, meeting up with friends (skyrim settings). Blitz servers are typical of Funcom -- PvE grind to PvP compete, and, that's crap game design. 

**the above settings are almost wipe proofing a server. Non-grind, more getting together with friends; wipes will be just a small inconvenience. Expect frequently server wipes. 

Wipes are going to be common with early access. With so much new content and so much repairing/exploit debugging it's inevitable. Tried setting up a public mod testing server last night, what a pain to get mods installed on hosted server; FTP completely dysfunctional at gameservers.com; will have to look around at other services, see if there's a better solution. Or, just create a public/dedicated server using local hardware.  

To make server wipe-proof, and play with a less gamey, grindy, MMOish feel:

[max level in a few minutes]

PlayerXPRateMultiplier=100.000000

PlayerXPKillMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPHarvestMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPCraftMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPTimeMultiplier=100.000000

[no food grind]
PlayerIdleHungerMultiplier=0.0100000
PlayerIdleThirstMultiplier=0.0100000
PlayerActiveThirstMultiplier=0.100000
PlayerActiveHungerMultiplier=0.100000
ItemSpoilRateScale=0.100000

[less MMOish respawns, more skyrim]

NPCRespawnMultiplier=20.00000

[funcom is notorious for health sponges (dps pinatas); excesses of timesink/grind] 

PlayerDamageMultiplier=1.500000

NPCDamageMultiplier=1.500000

[aggro range reduced to ~30 yards; more realistic, territorial and better server performance]

MaxAggroRange=900.000000

[much greater durability; less forced and gamey -- fuck time-sinks]

DurabilityMultiplier=0.001000

[very short night cycle replaced by long dusk and dawn]

DayCycleSpeedScale=0.100000
DayTimeSpeedScale=0.100000
NightTimeSpeedScale=10.000000
DawnDuskSpeedScale=0.100000

[harvest to encourage exploration, ranging]
HarvestAmountMultiplier=1.500000
ResourceRespawnSpeedMultiplier=0.300000
CraftingCostMultiplier=0.300000

NoOwnership=true  [that everyone builds stuff together/apart and use whatever, less self-grinding timesink].

ChatHasGlobal=False [explore to find others; set meeting/gathering areas]

I'll configure something like this, if I can get public mods working. The above settings are less for a "builder's" grindfest and more for exploration, raiding, pvp, and teamwork, meeting up with friends (skyrim settings). Blitz servers are typical of Funcom -- PvE grind to PvP compete, and, that's crap game design. 

**the above settings are almost wipe proofing a server. Non-grind, more getting together with friends; wipes will be just a small inconvenience. Expect frequently server wipes. 

Hi, as the game is early access there are a lot of issues to contend with, but I (we) at ABC Game Servers will do our best to help with all issues should you wish to try us. www.abcgameservers.com  I hope this is ok to put in here. I am not trying to take advantage of advertising, but as I play on the server, I do have a good idea what you need and can provide it :)

Yipit

I found a small script on the conanexiles reddit. It can list players which are spamming single blocks on the server. I modified it a bit because it was not showing anything at first.

The result should look like this:

post-7699-0-01927100-1487855219_thumb.png

The script :

SELECT
    buildings.owner_id,
    buildings.object_id,
    characters.char_name,
	COUNT(
		building_instances.object_id
    ) AS occurrence

FROM
    buildings
INNER JOIN building_instances ON buildings.object_id = building_instances.object_id
INNER JOIN characters ON characters.id = buildings.owner_id
WHERE
    building_instances.class = '/Game/Systems/Building/BP_BuildFoundation.BP_BuildFoundation_C'
GROUP BY
    characters.char_name, buildings.object_id
HAVING
	occurrence <= 1

What are the server rules?

I don't mean the etiquette, I mean stuff like: What happens when you die? Do we keep our stuff? Etc.

Is the server visible in the list? I'm not sure if I found it, it's a bit confused. 

Not visible from what I've seen. You have to connect directly to it.

@Lexrage77  Yeah, I had to use direct connect the first time to find it, but once I found it, after that it always pops right up in my favorites tab on the game server select screen.

@Faolon   All the servers rules are posted on the discord channel, that is listed on the first page of this thread.   But to answer your specific question, yeah, you keep your stuff when you die.  if you can get back to your body.  ;)

I absolutely love this server.     So far, its been exactly what I want in a rp/erp/pvp  server.    Many thanks to clats, and my fellow players.

Archived