Why is this happening in my game?

Did you install anything that changes textures? I have this issue before in other games from some textures from a mod were causing it but removing the textures fixed it.

Yes, I did. I'm not sure if bushes were covered but I'll give that a try and see what happens.

I think I found the right texture, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll post here again if it happens again.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are having this problem on a regular basis then the only thing I can tell you that will fix it is to extract all ba2 textures to loose files, or d/l the texture optimization project mod from nexus and just leave it in loose files. The problem is ba2 archive textures get corrupted in memory on some gpu's and you end up with what you see in that screenshot being all over the world eventually and you have to keep restarting the game when it happens.

If you are having this problem on a regular basis then the only thing I can tell you that will fix it is to extract all ba2 textures to loose files, or d/l the texture optimization project mod from nexus and just leave it in loose files. The problem is ba2 archive textures get corrupted in memory on some gpu's and you end up with what you see in that screenshot being all over the world eventually and you have to keep restarting the game when it happens.

Thanks for the clarification.

But the problem with loose files is that they increase the loading time.

I would suggest first to use the default "iTextureDegradeDistance" values in the ini file first (in case you increased them), if I'm correct they are :

[General]

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=1

iTextureDegradeDistance0=800
iTextureDegradeDistance1=1500
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=600
iTextureUpgradeDistance1=1200

I messed with this problem for over a year, no ini tweak or graphics setting ever made any difference. I messed with it on two different pcs with different hardware and I am certain you can't fix it by adjusting any settings.

If it is not common then just ignore it, but if it is popping up everytime  you play the game for a bit or almost any time you use the settlement build menu then this is the only solution that I know will stop this bug. Loading times or memory stutters are possible, depends on your hardware, I've not had any problems and can finally play the game as long as I want without having rainbow textures popping up on random objects anymore.

Archived