Weighing problem trying to mod a vanilla outfit with EVB reference

SAC

So, I want to make some modifications to the very vanilla \armor\highschooloutfit\foutfit.nif (basically jeans with a white teeshirt). Doesn't matter the modifications, because I cannot even start them.

The very basic process:

- Outfit Studio => import reference body => I am using EVB 1.1

- first problem (but not dealbreaker) => EVB gets loaded 120 above the outfit; doesn't matter, I can move the outfit up (see first screenshot)

- second problem, which is blocking me from proceeding further: I move up the outfit 120 near the body, delete the fitted body, I copy weights, then I try to save the project, in order to start the modding (deflating, zapping, whatever)

At this point I get the error that I have some unweighted vertices, and they have been put under a mask.

I don't see anything on the outfit (i.e. the mask), if I invert the mask, the whole outfit goes dark. I cannot see the unweighted part.

If I export nif with reference, I get some weird effect near the collar, and in game as well.

At this point, I am stuck. I've got no idea what the problem is, and how to solve it.

Uploading screenshots and nif

Thanks in advance for any help!

post-1591796-0-13831900-1485370556_thumb.png

post-1591796-0-56763300-1485370558_thumb.png

FOutfit.nif

In outfit studio select the outfit then go to shape and select mask weighted vertices. This will turn the outfit dark except for the spots that are not weight those will stay light. Hide the body so that you can see everything and rotate it around also go inside of the outfit and make sure there isn't a spot hidden inside that isn't masked. Once you find the spot close outfit studio and then reopen it and select the nif again and weight paint that area.

Sometimes a spot can be really hard to see. If all else fails export it with the error the load the error nif up and just weight paint the shirt with a node then try to export if no error then you will know where the bad spot is if not load it again and try the pants repeat till errors gone.

That stretching looks like you either added or removed a bone node in that area. If it has the head node attached to the shirt remove it.

In outfit studio select the outfit then go to shape and select mask weighted vertices. This will turn the outfit dark except for the spots that are not weight those will stay light. Hide the body so that you can see everything and rotate it around also go inside of the outfit and make sure there isn't a spot hidden inside that isn't masked. Once you find the spot close outfit studio and then reopen it and select the nif again and weight paint that area.

Thanks! I did as you instructed, and, as far as I can tell, the outfit is completely dark. No matter how much I turn it around, I cannot see any light spots. Some screenshots attached.

post-1591796-0-47758500-1485376808_thumb.png

post-1591796-0-46414400-1485376811_thumb.png

Sometimes a spot can be really hard to see. If all else fails export it with the error the load the error nif up and just turn the strength up to max and weight paint the shirt with a node then try to export if no error then you will know where the bad spot is if not load it again and try the pants repeat till errors gone. That stretching around the neck looks like you either added or removed a bone node in that area. If it has the head node attached to the shirt remove it.

Sometimes a spot can be really hard to see. If all else fails export it with the error the load the error nif up and just turn the strength up to max and weight paint the shirt with a node then try to export if no error then you will know where the bad spot is if not load it again and try the pants repeat till errors gone. That stretching around the neck looks like you either added or removed a bone node in that area. If it has the head node attached to the shirt remove it.

Double checked, there is no head bone listed. There are some neck bones, but no head.

Not sure how to weight paint, but will try to figure it out.

Can you possibly try the same process, loading that outfit with EVB, maybe you can see the issue better than I can?

I don't have fallout 4 but I use skyrims outfit studio a lot. To weight paint something click the outfit then click the bone tab and select a bone node a spot will turn colors if something is close to that bone node. You have brush settings tab for strength and size. Hold down left mouse button to paint to the node you selected.

Ok, figured it out.

The vanilla outfit points to / has, among all other bones, 3 bones in the neck area: "neck", "neck_skin", "neck_low_skin"

However, EVB only has 2 neck bones: "neck_skin" and "neck_low_skin" (no idea why...)

So, the "neck" vertice or whatever it's called, from the outfit, had no correspondence on the body. Deleted the "neck" bone from the outfit, and it works perfectly now.

Will probably have to remove this "bone" from whatever other vanilla outfit I'm trying to mod on EVB.

Archived