How to make skin look better like Skyrim

I've noticed no matter what ENB or skin texture you use, the skin/body always just doesn't feel right compared to Skyrim. The colors are always faded, and the body textures just don't POP like they do with Skyrim's ENBs. 

Anyone have any suggestions (ENB/Mod/Skin)? 

I have a GTX 1080, and an overclocked 6700k so don't be afraid of suggesting resource crazy mods :)!

Last I read, the FO4 ENB doesn't support subsurface scattering, which is one of the things that gives

skin that luminous appearance. It sure made a difference when I enabled it.

There is a facelight type of mod on the Nexus, which has a few flaws but is supposedly usable.

I know what you mean by lackluster skin appearance; I see my Skyrim girls and I still think 'Holy

shit, they look good' while the FO4 girls look like mannequins in comparison, unless the ambient

light is just right. Folks are going to need some time to figure out FO4's idiosyncrasies before

we get the same quality as Skyrim.

Well, subsurface lighting is "supposedly" handled by the blue channel of the _s.dds file. And the .bgem files have a crap tonne of options, surely one of those must be able to add some "life" to skin textures?

I downloaded one of the "realistic" skin texture for FO4 and the texture itself is quite good, but sadly it's still "dull". Also FO4 doesn't seem to use model space normals any more for the bodies? At least the normal maps seem very flat and lifeless in comparison to Skyrim's. And of course there is no  _sk.dds file now.

Do you have HBAO+ set on ? Because in my eyes with that on the graphics ' pop ' and have real depth to them  :s When up close you can actually see the goosebumps on the skin with this game . :-/ You'll be surprised with the difference the HBAO+ ambient occlusion makes . I personally think with both games graphics on pretty much full that F4 looks way better . Bear in mind I dont use ENBs .

I've noticed no matter what ENB or skin texture you use, the skin/body always just doesn't feel right compared to Skyrim. The colors are always faded, and the body textures just don't POP like they do with Skyrim's ENBs. 

I have a GTX 1080, and an overclocked 6700k so don't be afraid of suggesting resource crazy mods :)!

Try this

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20218/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20445/?

He made a lot of adjusts in the material BGSM that improves a lot the SSS look.

Well, subsurface lighting is "supposedly" handled by the blue channel of the _s.dds file. And the .bgem files have a crap tonne of options, surely one of those must be able to add some "life" to skin textures?

I downloaded one of the "realistic" skin texture for FO4 and the texture itself is quite good, but sadly it's still "dull". Also FO4 doesn't seem to use model space normals any more for the bodies? At least the normal maps seem very flat and lifeless in comparison to Skyrim's. And of course there is no  _sk.dds file now.

No, this is urban legend, blue channel don't do nothing... To adjust the SSS you need to adjust the BGSM material, because FO4 use SSSSS (screen-space subsurface scattering) they don't use a map.

Try this

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20218/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20445/?

He made a lot of adjusts in the material BGSM that improves a lot the SSS look.

No, this is urban legend, blue channel don't do nothing... To adjust the SSS you need to adjust the BGSM material, because FO4 use SSSSS (screen-space subsurface scattering) they don't use a map.

LOOKS MUCH MUCH BETTER. Thanks!

Now all i need to fix is the weird body meshes while ingame. They don't look ANYTHING like they do is bodyslide. The breasts are always slightly distorted. I think it has something to do with the new morph triangle. Does anyone have a fix for this? 

Archived