I am lost

StephenD

I am a nerd. Please help. I have downloaded the Loverslab and the Oblivlon mods and are in the data file in OBSE. I also have Nexus. How do get the mods to work? and Nexus to find them.. Please don't rib me. I am really a nerd at this.

Thanks

Mods go in the data folder. OBSE goes in the main install directory. Nexus Mod Manager goes into the recycle bin and then gets permanently deleted (protip: use shift+del to combine the steps into one!) and then replaced by TESMM.

Because Nexus Mod Manager is malware and you shouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. And TESMM is great.

Once you have done the above, open TESMM and simply tick the mods you want used. Sort them according to the guide (by drag & drop) and you're done.

No NMM is shit for Oblivion !!!! Never NMM and Oblivion. NMM can not install ini files, it will mess up your game !!!! It has nothing to do with "I hate Nexus"

use Oblivion Modmanager or TES modmanager !

How to install Oblivion:

All you need before you install Lovers ( nude body Mods, armor-clothes replacer, OBSE and other things you must have.  How to sort your Mods )

Read my yellow Link below

No NMM is shit for Oblivion !!!! Never NMM and Oblivion. NMM can not install ini files, it will mess up your game !!!! It has nothing to do with "I hate Nexus"

use Oblivion Modmanager or TES modmanager !

How to install Oblivion:

All you need before you install Lovers ( nude body Mods, armor-clothes replacer, OBSE and other things you must have.  How to sort your Mods )

Read my yellow Link below

been ok with me so far :P well except sometimes it flickered when installing stuff (on oblivion, F3,F4, skyrim seemed fine though :/ ) but I do admit omm was good also

Oblivion\data\OBSE\Plugins  ( not Plugin)

OBSE plugins goes in that folder.

OBSE goes in the Oblivion folder ( see my yellow Link)

But OBSE Plugins like Blockhead, Elys_USV ( Universal Silent Voice), FastExit2, MenuQue, Pluggy ... goes in data\OBSE\Plugins.

NMM has been proven over an over to be a piece of shit for Oblivion.  It can't handle animation files or even ini files properly.  

I've spent over 6 years (before LL was founded) helping folks in tech support and seen first hand all the problems.

Has nothing to do with "hate", it is just reality.  If it worked for you, then great, unfortunately NO ONE has the same exact mods installed, so how can you possible think that working for you constitutes working for everyone?

NMM is probably fine for Skyrim and above, but we counsel avoiding it for a great many GOOD REASONS for Oblivion.

NMM has been proven over an over to be a piece of shit for Oblivion.  It can't handle animation files or even ini files properly.  

I've spent over 6 years (before LL was founded) helping folks in tech support and seen first hand all the problems.

Has nothing to do with "hate", it is just reality.  If it worked for you, then great, unfortunately NO ONE has the same exact mods installed, so how can you possible think that working for you constitutes working for everyone?

NMM is probably fine for Skyrim and above, but we counsel avoiding it for a great many GOOD REASONS for Oblivion.

What this guy says. I believe it wasn't even around in oblivions haydays (is that how you spell it?). It is basically only functional for skyrim and onwards and only if you have to install basic stuff like esp's, meshes and textures. For anything else you either install it manually or use other mod managers. Tbh it feels like there is no other mod manager (besides that complicated one) for skyrim because the nexus one was already quite popular for skyrim back then. You also install mods just manually but do keep the archive(s) at hand incase you want to completely remove a mod without issues. This is also one of the reasons why i wish there was an .omod package file for skyrim. Makes installing stuff so much less of a hassle if the archive is structured the right way atleast.

Sorry gregathit and I play Oblivion only since the release so we are absolute noobs and do not know what we say.

And all the people we have helped here with not working Lovers installations were only too stupid to use NMM.

Yes you are right, I will download the NMM right away..but first please tell me how you was able to install all the O-Mods with NMM ?  ;)

Edit: Sorry could not resist to post this.

OK I don't know how many Oblivion OMods exist, but there are many. ( maybe 20%)

And Mods with ini are rare.

All Mods with only a esp/esm you can install fine with NMM.

Also if the Mods have meshes, textures and sound folders the NMM is fine.

So you can install about 75% of all Oblivion Mods with NMM.

But not Lovers mods and OMods.

Noob Guy:

Mods are usually made of a .esp/.esm plugin, and a bunch of assets such as models, textures, sounds or ini files among other stuff.

The .esm/.esp plugins tell the game how to make use of those assets in the game world

Oblivion has a Data folder under its main location. That's where esm/esp files go. As for assets, they are distributed in several folders under Data as well. Such as "Data/meshes/something" or "Data/textures/something"

You dont have to worry about asset location bacause the mod usually comes already ordered and you just have to drop the pack into Data folder. so the esp file goes with all the other esps and the meshes, textures and anything else match their locations in the subfolders.

Most ini files are treated as one of those assets. they go in their own folder, which the released mod already has, so dont you worry about it.

If you need a mod manager, use TESMM or OBMM

No NMM and No Mod Organizer for Oblivion, those play better with other games.

A more complex tool is Wrye Bash, but that's more for advanced people...

To install Lovers, there are plenty of detailed manuals in LL

I recall the main one is actually pinned on the Lovers section

Go read them

Just follow the instructions carefully and you should be fine

I can summarize it for you, but you'll still need to read it.

You need the requirement mods which are probably linked - These are the mods a large mod requires first to function properly

You need the lovers "framework" which is called LAPF - This is the core of adult mods, but it does nothing on it's own.

You need some lovers accesory mods - These are the mods that use assets from LAPF and make adult fun happen. There are mods to seduce people, mods to be a prostitute, mods to rape people etc...

And that's pretty much it. The tricky part is combining them

Installation is pretty much the same individually since the base structure of a mod is what I described first, and it's just a matter of dropping packs to data folder.

Mod managers do that for you, and they also keep track of the files from a specific mod, and where they are placed.

You dont actually need mod managers to install a mod, you can always drag and drop to Data folder. But they make life a whole lot easier when working with many mods.

Good Luck ^_^

------------------------

As for the NMM debate

I have it for Oblivion but I only use it for simple mods.

The ones that have no ini files or scripted installations

Just gear mods usually. An esp file, some meshes and some textures.

Also posing mods. An esp file and the .kf animation pose files.

Works decently for that in Oblivion

But seriously, do not use it for Oblivion as you main tool

If you dont know what you're doing, you shouldn't use it at all for Oblivion

Archived