3DM Follower Lydia v5.0 CTD when loaded

LightningAce

I recently downloaded this follower mod from 3DM, after finding it on a Korean site and making a 3DM account - just for this damn Lydia follower replacer

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5341368-1-1.html

download link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1slKWQKX

I recently started a new game because iAFT update angry.gif  and I installed the replacer after defeating the first dragon, but before going back to Dragonsreach to get Lydia and the title of Thane. With the mod activated, the game crushes exactly after the Jarl saying the word "Thane" - probably when Lydia is supposed to spawn. The game works without crashing if I deactivate the mod, but I can't even load a save with Lydia near me if I reactivate it.

Looking at the mod's folder, all the meshes are in separate subfolders. If I move ALL the meshes, I can play with Lydia, but I can only see her head, eyebrows and hair. If I put ANY of the meshes back where it belongs, the game crashes like usual again. 

I'm using Mod Organizer and the mod has no conflicts. I reinstalled the latest versions of SKSE, XPMSE, RaceMenu (which has NI Override) and FNIS, to make sure I have the requirements. Is there anything else that I'm missing?

This is the first follower mod I've downloaded from 3DM, and I had lots of trouble getting it thanks to the pan.baidu download speed that was so slow that it would often cancel my download. I'm downloading Lyadia v3.0 (which is a separate replacer with different looks) and see if it has the same problem, but It may take several hours. This is the first time I've had any problem with a follower. I tried everything I could think of.

If you could help Lydia 5.0 carry my burdens, I'd be very grateful!

I'm uploading the follower archive for those who have difficulties downloading from pan.baidu like I do.

3DM哗哗MOD组NPC系列ZAXLydiaV5.0.zip

I would say that it is crashing because she enters your cell and you don't have the correct skeleton installed for her. Open the mod up and then load the body up into nifskope and see what bone nodes are in the nif. I had this happen before when I download a follower mod from 3dm I would crash entering their cell and looked and saw that it was a skeleton issue and getting a skeleton that she was compatible with fixed the crash.

Now that I look at the skeleton, it has about a dozen times more nodes than XPMSE...... I don't know what other skeleton there is to download. I did find this on 3DM

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-5326049-1-1.html
It looks like a pack for skeleton, body model, animations and FNIS. I downloaded an archive that has 123 MB, looks about the right size, but when I run FNIS, it gives this error:
ERROR(2012): Could not generate: defaultfemale.hkx defaultmale.hkx weapequip.hkx mt_behavior.hkx magicbehavior.hkx 1hm_behavior.hkx 0_master.hkx 
So, do you have any skeleton compatible with Lydia v5.0? The follower's skeleton looks like this:

P.S. I've downloaded the archive again to make sure it's not broken.

skeleton_female.nif

I tried installing the Skeleton alone, the skeleton and the body, everything other than the animations. It no longer gave me the FNIS error, but the game crashed as soon as I loaded a save or started a new game. So is the skeleton from that pack broken or do I have to download yet another Chinese mod they don't mention?

Yes, I ran FNIS a few dozens of times in the process, tried using SaveTool on a save; it didn't change the result.

Jesus why are some Chinese mods so disorganized? They don't even mention requirements. The moment I step into the Chinese modding community, I can't get anything to work. I've wasted too much time on that damned Lydia replacer. If anyone can do some magic and find a skeleton that works and is compatible with that follower or any other fix to get her to work, I'd be really grateful for making all the time I've wasted not be in vain.

Hello from 2016!

Dammit I knew it! V 5.0 is for Skyrim Special Edition. The correct version for me was 4.0, which was probably buried by all the SE ports at the end of the year... Fortunately someone provided me with the v4.0.

Welp, now I've learned how to browse on 3DM, and I won't mix normal Skyrim mods with SE ones. Google Translate didn't help me at all with that confused.gif

Happy new year~

Archived