Some question regarding seam mending

LFact

I got movomo's template and gerra6's seam mender, but I yet to understand how to mend seam of (any) custom head(if there's any seam) despite of reading readme files. At this moment, I'm thinking of some lesser known custom head meshes, such as Ren's head #3(the only race mod uses it was her Strangers race, due to its nature and status. Many years after since she left the scene some Korean modders used her resources to make and release Strangers Refine, so you can get the head mesh without googling that 'private' race mod). Is there any 'tutorial' for mending head seam using body mesh template(I still do not have computer for running Oblivion, so I cannot test any modified mesh in-game....-_-)?

Greetings.

As you certainly are familiar with Blender, I suggest using the Mend Seam python script released by gerra6.

Some time ago I came up with a similar question, check this link for detailed instructions (just revert the order of selection: head first, and then body). You may also want to copy bone weights if the result isn't exactly perfect.

P.S.

If you export the nif as body+head, don't use PyFFI to optimize the file. Heads don't like PyFFI. :)

Archived