Mod Conversions

xGHoSTx

soo.. anyone came up with a simple method to convert simple armor mods?

I have the black sacrament mod and extracted the BSA file which contained mesh folder and texture folder, I noticed that all the textures are in .DDS soo I guess it's working fine? I just copied the mod's BSA content with the esp file and the rest of the mod files (script and fomod and optional..etc) and made them into a .RAR file and added it in NMM and installed it just fine

then I loaded the game, the armor works fine, textures are fine, but there is a strange problem.. when I used the NMM to install the mod, it didn't install the whole mod, just copied the female torso .NIF file of the armor, didn't copy gauntlet, boots, not even the male version of it, I had to copy them manually

can someone tell me why this happened?

I'm using this mod for personal use, I tried contacting the author but last time he logged in nexus was like a year and half ago.

hmm... might need to re pack the mod... i personally haven't had this happen before...

I think SSE will take off more when SKSE64 comes out, the new CBBE, etc....

The thing is there are a lot of mods in the works that are getting overhauls/better versions on SSE soon, but they are all still WIPs. Most seem to be estimated ready for release Q1 next year, I imagine around that time we will also have seen deals on the game, and it should result in much more happening with SSE modding.

This is just my guess though.

Tools needed to convert 32bit Skyrim Mod's to 64bit Skyrim Special Edition (and where to get them).

Skyrim SE esp/esm editor - SSEEdit http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164/?

Note: May also want to get a copy of Xedit merge manager for skyrim as well as other Xedit scripts...

BSA Extractor tool: (for unpacking BSA files) - Bethesda Archive Extractor (BSA and BA2) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974/?

Nif Converter (Skyrim to Skyrim Special edition) - SSE NIF Optimizer (By Ousnius) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089/?

NPC head's need to be regenerated via SSE's Creation kit (both head nif as well as textures sets) - Bethesda Creation Kit https://bethesda.net/en/dashboard (download the launcher, install launcher, then download SSE's CK).

Textures need to be in a DXT1, DXT5, or RGB8 Format same as 32bit Skyrim. If you have a problem with a texture get a copy of SMCO - Skyrim Mods Complex Optimizer - SMCO http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13529/? (only need the texture optimizer part for SSE).

FNIShttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3038/? (needed for any mod that adds new animations to the game... dances, sex acts, animated wings, etc).

HKX files need to be converted from the 32bit Havok 2010 format to the 64bit Havok 2015 format - a File comes with the Creation kit that will convert the animation files.

File name is "HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe"

Location: "\steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Tools\HavokBehaviorPostProcess\"

You can copy that exe file into any folder you want to...I myself placed a temp folder in the data directory and keep a copy of it there along with a batch file that will run it.

Read the "Guide to Animation.hkx conversion for Skyrim Special Edition http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/? (also download the file and stick it in the same folder as the havokbehaviorpostprocess.ese file).

With the bat file and exe in the same folder drop all of your skyrim animations into said folder and run the bat file... it will process every 32bit hkx file (in every sub folder) and replace them with a 64bit version. Once the bat file finishes you can then take the 64bit animation files and drop them into the data directories meshes sub folder where they belong, then run FNIS.

My current SSE load order

# This file is used by Skyrim to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp
*SGHairPackBase.esm
*ApachiiHair.esm
*AOM.esm
*falskaar.esm
*cutting room floor.esp
*SGHairPackAIO.esp
*Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
*castle volkihar redux sse 1.esp
*Comphy.esp
*Tamriel Reloaded HD.esp
*True Eyes SE.esp
*realisticwatertwo.esp
*7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer.esp
*ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
*DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
*EbonyWolfArmor_SkyforgeEbonyWeapons.esp
*KatanaCrafting.esp
SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp
*Witch Elf Armour.esp
*Midas Magic Expanded.esp
*WheelsOfLull.esp
*Dragonborn Crafting Hall SE.esp
*the paarthurnax dilemma.esp
NMNEB.esp
*Animated Dragon Wings.esp
*FNIS.esp
vannord.esp
*NosPiercedEarsEbony.esp
*MuscularWomen_Diesel_AR.esp
*Merta Assassin Armor.esp
HN66_Earrings.esp
*Daedric Reaper Armor.esp
*LilithPlus.esp -Combo esp of Dark Lilith, Daedric Chainmail, and Huntress mods.
*KS_Hairdo's_Lite.esp
*RaceChanger.esp
*Angelic_Demonic.esp
*MashupUNP.esp -Brokefoot's UNP mashup in Topmodel form-
*ChaPi - Hot Dress.esp
*SexyMannequinsFemale_SSE.esp
*HN66mage4vanilla.esp
*BBD_MoreMagic.esp
*P1FlyingRing.esp -old version that does not use skse-
*Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*JessicaAlbaDemonHunterSE.esp
*CheaterWeapons.esp
*magicmoonsp.esp
*R18pn - lingerie Set.esp
*BBP_ArmorPack.esp
*BBP_ArmorPack2.esp
*MessiasVampireArmorRoyalRetexture.esp
*HDT Piercingsets.esp
*Fudou Myouou.esp
*VampireSunAmulets.esp
*YotoHatamonba.esp
DovahBlingJewelryReplacer.esp
*Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp
*fusrodoor.esp
*zzEstrus.esp - does not run -
*KomAnimObjects.esp- does not run -
*sandboxcylinderheight.esp
*violens se.esp
*Brighter toggleable Candlelight and Torches.esp
*CombinedGoodies.esp - Combo 0 weight (all armor, weapons, misc items, Ingestables, books, etc) plus Eze's item disenchanting, plus enchanting freedom (more then 2 enchantments per item), and some other stuff....
*FoxySkyrim.esp -some npc's have a dark face, mod author needs to regenerate all the heads and textures -
*AOM.esp -The Art of Magicka ... ass loads of Nocturnal Robes in UUNP Demofet shape
*AP Skyrim SE.esp
*Immersive Jewelry.esp
*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
HighJumpMod.esp
CLNettlebane.esp
Immersive Wenches -SG hairs- Patch.esp

Note: All without an * are not active esp's.

For AOM I was lazy and deleted the npc's from the mod (probably could have left them in though)

I have had very little issue in converting anything from skyrim to SSE (as long as it does not need SKSE it should convert currently).

But I'm hoping we get SKSE64 soon, I miss the real flying mod, and sexlab (when I play sse). Once SKSE64 is up I'll probably uninstall 32bit skyrim all together.

Yes I've had to make a couple of edits to make it a little easier to understand, and yes I love the multi color options for pointing things out....

• 8 months later...

Ok sorry i haven't replied in a while ill get to converting the outfits! the Race mods may take a little longer so please Bear with me :D

there are 2 ways i can get the converted files to you EITHER i upload them to the nexus OR ill put them in my drop box file and add the link to this thread

unfortunately the Daedra of coldharbour mod is only convertible for PERSONAL use so i cannot upload it to the Nexus sorry :( although i have sent a message to Aipex8 to ask if i may convert it for him!

Any luck getting a response from Aipex8? Otherwise, may I use the PERSONAL use copy you made for testing?

Archived