Was that drive getting near full?

Nope.

MO and assosiated files have got big enough that they have been relocated to the bulk storage drives.

Which isn't helping load times, but they are still on conventional hard drives so it should be ok. And space isn't an issue.

@Lostdreamer one thing I have noticed with MO in regards to loading times was that for the initial load into game it takes longer (the first time after you booting up the computer) but

after that it took less time to load ... shrug semi educated guess would be it has to sort out what it needs to load the first time (meaning a longer load time) but then it knows what it

needs (meaning a shorter load time) ..anyway that is what I have seen happening on my system.

the only way to get around the graphics glitch you mentioned in your post is to make a merge patch (this can be time consuming and annoying). doing this can let you fine tune what

each mod is allowed to do in the game .. WARNING if you do this (make a merged patch) you will have to redo it when ANY mod it affects is updated (or removed).

will take a look at player exhibitionist ..thanks for the suggestion

@Lostdreamer one thing I have noticed with MO in regards to loading times was that for the initial load into game it takes longer (the first time after you booting up the computer) but

after that it took less time to load ... shrug semi educated guess would be it has to sort out what it needs to load the first time (meaning a longer load time) but then it knows what it

needs (meaning a shorter load time) ..anyway that is what I have seen happening on my system.

It's that initial loading that's the problematic one.

Especially as that's what Ido as a big part of bug fixing:

1. Change which mods i'm using / which order they are in / otherwise tweak the build
  2. Start the game, wait for the main menu (not too bad)
  3. 'COC qasmoke' to reduce the chances of it crashing when I load the full save. (very long)
  4. Pick a savegame and load it (very long).
  5. ...and finally I can see if the mod's i've altered have had any effect on the game.

Both 3 & 4 are at durations where it's easy to assume the game has hung. It's helpful that I have discovered the .ini settings to run the game in windowed mode so I can alt-tab back to something else without it crashing. Ie can browse LL whilst it chugs through.

Load times in play arn't too insane but are still long enough to be annoying, especially if I am going to a 'big' area like a city or wilderness.

For fixing the graphics glitch(es, i've found more :( ) I'm assuming if I can identify the offending textures then I can open up the relevant mods and just delete them.

I've also discovered an interesting glitch with Player Exhibitionist, although I don't think it's the mod's fault. Transparent player body. Which is fixed by removing your armor and therefore defaulting to the nude texture rather than armor. Swapping weapons as well as armor around can help too. But PE stops me putting my armor back on at the end of this process. I'll do a bit more homework, see if I can work out the cause of that issue. But PE may have to go in the short term if I can't resolve it :(.

How much RAM does your PC have? Chances are you're running into the Windows' file caching feature. Whenever any application reads a file, windows will keep that file available in RAM until you need more memory for something else. If you look at Task Manager's performance tab there is a bar which shows Memory Consumption which is divided into 'In Use', 'Modified', 'Standby' and 'Free'. Standby is the memory Widnows decided no to free up yet, since it is not needed. I have 32GB of RAM, after I load up my Skyrim, for the first time and close it, it caches up to 22GB of stuff, and the next loading of Skyrim is way faster. I did some timing once, and it was 2min initial load vs 40sec second load.

This applies to all applications, not only Skyrim.

Another thing. Windows will learn over time which files you use often and will load them into RAM while it is not doing anything else important, so if you decide to use them, they will load up faster.

You can use This Tool to see what is cached.

You know, it never occured to me to actually use a performance monitor to check loads?

I had just assumed i was maxing out HDD speed and possibly my processor.

And i'm not. HDD is a tricky one to catch - that might still be the choke point.

But that does open up the possibly of doing devious caching stuff, either in ram or on the SSD.

I've only got 16GB and am actively using about 8. But 8gb sticks of ram are still expensive enough to sting.

But again, worth looking into as I can possibly get some significant improvements without rolling back the shiny graphics.

Some of which might happen anyways as I am currently finding them more effort than they are worth - I've now found a wierd texture anonaly around the walls in solitude. One of the walls in the Winking Skeever and elsewhere seems to be spectacularly low res, which again is jarring against everything else.

TLDR; If you do a manual install of bodyslide, you can use the cbbe presets with the uunp body. Just install both cbbe and uunp (cbbe first, then uunp)

UUNP body with cbbe presets obviously don't look exactly the same as they do with the cbbe body, but they are pretty damn close.

Also has the added side effect of being able to have cbbe-based bodyslide-able armor fit pretty well on uunp (again, not perfectly, but pretty damn close)

The deviant mods I use, and my reasons:

• 1 Deviously Helpless: I'm pretty sure this is going to be my main way of dealing with defeat situations. Unless I'm just wrong about how it works, I much prefer the idea that if my girl loses, she gets banged then has to run away before the bad guys can get the pleased grins off their seedy faces. Also I really hate the idea of reloads, being sent to whichever nearest inn the script system thinks I wanna walk back from, etc. My hatred of reloads is what keeps Sexlab Defeat and DAYMOYL out of my mod list.

Next, mods I ought to look into and see if they have a place in my modlist. Most, but not quite all of these are going into my mod list for testing:

• 2 Sexlab Submit: I should look more into this, but it felt redundant with Deviously Helpless. Am I wrong? Also, when I last looked, it seemed to be about the PC doing things to NPCs, and that's a no in my playstyle.
  • 3 I'm considering adding Soul Gem Oven III, Extra Pocket, and/or Being Female, but I took pity on her for now. But all of these are nice for adjusting the size of my girl, and the need for contraceptives in Being Female is also fun sounding. The biggest reason I'm avoiding these is because I want to avoid all the belly inflation mods somehow distending my cleric's stomach six feet in front of her and making it look more like a stalagtite rather than a horribly disfigured belly. (I know, I can set SLIF to limit the maximum size with it's size calculation settings, but I want each mod to have a visible effect. Easier to tweak two sources of slider adjustments than four or five)
  • 4 Dangerous Night: I really ought to look into this. It's the one part of Cursed Loot's rape system that isn't currently replicated in my modlist. Might do so after this post.
  • 5 Just Sleep, or another Needs type mod: If I add Dangerous Night, I'll add this to make sure my girl can't just choose to wait instead of sleep. Will probably also try to add See You Sleep to allow for automatic nude sleeping. Tried it. Something conflicted with it and it asked me if I wanted to sleep again after sleeping the first time. The quest for a non-intrusive PC nude sleep mod continues.
  • 6 Sexlab Stories: Gonna give this a shot. The fetish stones idea at minimum looks worth it (increased arousal for swinging my sword around? wooo!).

• , Mods I do not include, that I haven't already mentioned:
  • 7 Sexist Guards DD: In general I like it. You can turn off the 4th wall stuff and the general player comments (which I find annoying). But the real kicker for me recently was the guard quest recently added in. It bugged out for me in a bad way, and I prefer stability to my games as much as possible. Being stuck bent over waiting waiting forever to actually be freed after a whipping is not fun. Turning the guard trigger off in MCM seemed to have no effect on whether the scene would occur. I'm not sure what actually bugged this, but I'm fine with my sexist guards being caused by other mods.
  • 8 Cursed Dreams: I don't mind the idea of this, but I ran into a situation where trying to sell bondage gear just put the Master into a never ending loop of repeated dialogue. No thanks, I'm FAR too finicky for that.
  •  
  •  

first sorry for the very late reply to this post (a combination of late finding the thread, rl issues, and tracking down a few facts)

to take the part I has quoted by the numbers I added for your consideration

a mod that has potential for what you want would be ( http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2105-beta-testing-devious-surrender-v2/ ). if you do try the mod out domake sure to get the latest version (which fixes a problem the previous version had). the version I refer to is the DeviousSurrender-LITE-0.5.zip.  in my testing (admittedly limited at this point in time) it works very well, get defeated (or dead) and creature bang you, then you have a

short time to run away, get defeated by humaniod types - get banged (one of them takes all your non quest stuff) then have a short time to run away

(you can come back later and kill the one with your stuff to recover it), suicide [anything the other 2 does not cover] (ie jump off the College of

Winterhold bridge) get a short blackout and a short period of time unable to do anything then continue on your way.

None of these scenes/scenarios cause a loading screen at all (as far as I have seen so far, and according to the mod author they should not).

Submit does include the pc doing to others, but it also covers others doing to the pc.  you would have to check it's in game MCM for exact details.

Soul Gem Oven can be fun to use (and is compatible with SLIF) and depending on settings you can eventually get a "reward" for all that disfigurement.

Dangerous Nights - I have this in my load order (for a while now) and it does make sleeping more dangerous (how much depends on MCM settings in game).

as a bonus if you have a follower (again depending on settings) they just might take your place OR take advantage while you are sleeping.

any needs mod would go good with dangerous nights (so you have to sleep sometime).  I really need to find a lightweight mod like this myself.

Stories - the stones arousal modifier is great (one of the stones gives you a boost just for wearing jewelry). and other parts can be fun too depending on personal taste (milk farm?? that one does have a bug r 3 yet though).

Sexist Guards - from the sound of it you caught a version that had a bug that has since been fixed. it might be worth checking out again.

Cursed Dreams (ie Captured Dreams Shop) - that was a known bug and has been fixed (it can be annoying though) and if needed ask me and I can tell

you the console commands to circumvent it anyway if needed.

a final note dealing with Cursed Loot - I have this one in my order and will probably never remove it due to how customizable it is (anything you don't like can be turned off, and this part has worked correctly for me for a long time now). I just love all the options it adds for PC problems.

edit

a request for anyone who reads this post

a simple needs mod - one that just forces me to have to eat/drink/sleep over time and if I don't I suffer penalties (but it wont kill me if I don't).

that's it on what I want it to do, preferably without having to micromanage it several times per game day.  INeeds has been tried but failed due to

combination of to much (micromanagement mainly) to do every time I turned around (fast travel then have to do a fair bit before I could do anything else), and was a bit heavy for my setup.

edit 2

turns out the ineeds I was using is now gone (file not found error)...hmm will try to get the one I did find on nexus and try that one.

• 1 Deviously Helpless: I'm pretty sure this is going to be my main way of dealing with defeat situations. Unless I'm just wrong about how it works, I much prefer the idea that if my girl loses, she gets banged then has to run away before the bad guys can get the pleased grins off their seedy faces. Also I really hate the idea of reloads, being sent to whichever nearest inn the script system thinks I wanna walk back from, etc. My hatred of reloads is what keeps Sexlab Defeat and DAYMOYL out of my mod list.

Next, mods I ought to look into and see if they have a place in my modlist. Most, but not quite all of these are going into my mod list for testing:

• 2 Sexlab Submit: I should look more into this, but it felt redundant with Deviously Helpless. Am I wrong? Also, when I last looked, it seemed to be about the PC doing things to NPCs, and that's a no in my playstyle.
  • 3 I'm considering adding Soul Gem Oven III, Extra Pocket, and/or Being Female, but I took pity on her for now. But all of these are nice for adjusting the size of my girl, and the need for contraceptives in Being Female is also fun sounding. The biggest reason I'm avoiding these is because I want to avoid all the belly inflation mods somehow distending my cleric's stomach six feet in front of her and making it look more like a stalagtite rather than a horribly disfigured belly. (I know, I can set SLIF to limit the maximum size with it's size calculation settings, but I want each mod to have a visible effect. Easier to tweak two sources of slider adjustments than four or five)
  • 4 Dangerous Night: I really ought to look into this. It's the one part of Cursed Loot's rape system that isn't currently replicated in my modlist. Might do so after this post.
  • 5 Just Sleep, or another Needs type mod: If I add Dangerous Night, I'll add this to make sure my girl can't just choose to wait instead of sleep. Will probably also try to add See You Sleep to allow for automatic nude sleeping. Tried it. Something conflicted with it and it asked me if I wanted to sleep again after sleeping the first time. The quest for a non-intrusive PC nude sleep mod continues.
  • 6 Sexlab Stories: Gonna give this a shot. The fetish stones idea at minimum looks worth it (increased arousal for swinging my sword around? wooo!).

• 7 Sexist Guards DD: In general I like it. You can turn off the 4th wall stuff and the general player comments (which I find annoying). But the real kicker for me recently was the guard quest recently added in. It bugged out for me in a bad way, and I prefer stability to my games as much as possible. Being stuck bent over waiting waiting forever to actually be freed after a whipping is not fun. Turning the guard trigger off in MCM seemed to have no effect on whether the scene would occur. I'm not sure what actually bugged this, but I'm fine with my sexist guards being caused by other mods.
  • 8 Cursed Dreams: I don't mind the idea of this, but I ran into a situation where trying to sell bondage gear just put the Master into a never ending loop of repeated dialogue. No thanks, I'm FAR too finicky for that.
  •  
  •  

first sorry for the very late reply to this post (a combination of late finding the thread, rl issues, and tracking down a few facts)

a mod that has potential for what you want would be ( http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2105-beta-testing-devious-surrender-v2/ ). if you do try the mod out domake sure to get the latest version (which fixes a problem the previous version had). the version I refer to is the DeviousSurrender-LITE-0.5.zip.  in my testing (admittedly limited at this point in time) it works very well, get defeated (or dead) and creature bang you, then you have a

short time to run away, get defeated by humaniod types - get banged (one of them takes all your non quest stuff) then have a short time to run away

(you can come back later and kill the one with your stuff to recover it), suicide [anything the other 2 does not cover] (ie jump off the College of

Winterhold bridge) get a short blackout and a short period of time unable to do anything then continue on your way.

None of these scenes/scenarios cause a loading screen at all (as far as I have seen so far, and according to the mod author they should not).

Submit does include the pc doing to others, but it also covers others doing to the pc.  you would have to check it's in game MCM for exact details.

Soul Gem Oven can be fun to use (and is compatible with SLIF) and depending on settings you can eventually get a "reward" for all that disfigurement.

Dangerous Nights - I have this in my load order (for a while now) and it does make sleeping more dangerous (how much depends on MCM settings in game).

as a bonus if you have a follower (again depending on settings) they just might take your place OR take advantage while you are sleeping.

any needs mod would go good with dangerous nights (so you have to sleep sometime).  I really need to find a lightweight mod like this myself.

Stories - the stones arousal modifier is great (one of the stones gives you a boost just for wearing jewelry). and other parts can be fun too depending on personal taste (milk farm?? that one does have a bug r 3 yet though).

Sexist Guards - from the sound of it you caught a version that had a bug that has since been fixed. it might be worth checking out again.

Cursed Dreams (ie Captured Dreams Shop) - that was a known bug and has been fixed (it can be annoying though) and if needed ask me and I can tell

a final note dealing with Cursed Loot - I have this one in my order and will probably never remove it due to how customizable it is (anything you don't like can be turned off, and this part has worked correctly for me for a long time now). I just love all the options it adds for PC problems.

edit

a simple needs mod - one that just forces me to have to eat/drink/sleep over time and if I don't I suffer penalties (but it wont kill me if I don't).

that's it on what I want it to do, preferably without having to micromanage it several times per game day.  INeeds has been tried but failed due to

combination of to much (micromanagement mainly) to do every time I turned around (fast travel then have to do a fair bit before I could do anything else), and was a bit heavy for my setup.

edit 2

turns out the ineeds I was using is now gone (file not found error)...hmm will try to get the one I did find on nexus and try that one.

doesn't iNeed make you do those things and that's it? Realistic Needs and Diseases is the detailed one.

•  
  •  

edit

edit 2

doesn't iNeed make you do those things and that's it? Realistic Needs and Diseases is the detailed one.

you are correct in that RND is the more detailed one.

the reason it is not in my load order is I don't like the way it changed all diseases, and how to cure them.

a quick recap of old mod and current one on nexus

old name ( Ineed )

current mod name on nexus ( INeeds )

reading the read me files included show me they are by different people and are in fact different mods

old mod  - you had to take care of hunger, take care of thirst, take care of sleep every 3 game hours (sleep only needed 1 hour though)

new mod - hunger and thirst 2-3 times a day, and sleep 1 time a day

old mod  - failure to handle properly would give debuffs and if not fixed fast enough would actually KILL you character

new mod -  failure to handle properly will give debuffs but NOT kill character (unless you have it set that way, I think)

old mod  - debuffs accumulated (total of 8 times a per 24 game hours), so if you spent 12 hours in fast travel you had to clear a "backlog" of 4 needs functions

new mod - debuffs are cleared first time you properly take care of needs functions, so after 12 hours in fast travel you one have to take care of needs 1 time.

to really show the difference between the 2 mods think for a minute if you fast traveled for say 24 hours

old mod  - you would then have to eat, drink, and sleep a total of 8 times (with an additional 3 times due to how long taking care of needs took)

new mod - you have to eat, drink, and sleep just 1 time to counter all the debuffs.

old mod  - total of 25 accumulated failures (for any part) would generate a message of "You just died due to failure to care for your needs". (scripted death occurs)

new mod - unless specifically set to be lethal failure to take care of needs over a long period of time just gives strong debuffs but not death.

looking at the differences between the 2 mods you can tell why I did not like it (to say the least) and if you look at just how close the names are you can

probably understand why I mistakenly believed them to be the same mod (they are in fact different).

Hum. The quote attribution seems to be shot. Sorry about that.

Eating/drinking/sleeping mods:

I'm still using 'Just Sleep' for this.

It forces me to rest (and therefore trigger the resultant risks) without completely crippling me or interupting the flow of the game by making me eat and drink constantly.

I've considered something that does force me to eat and drink, but not because of the eating/drinking per se. It would encourage me to loot more containers looking for food and drink, and talk to more merchants - both of which are fun catch-22 choices due to Cursed Loot. However, I'm not interested in the micromanagment of constantly grubbing around in my inventory for food/drink and I already have a nice balance on looting risks/rewards and likewise risks/rewards for talking to merchants so I havn't persued the idea any further.

Devious Surrender:

a mod that has potential for what you want would be Devious Surrender ( http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2105-beta-testing-devious-surrender-v2/ ).

Hum. Interesting. I think I have Defeat working correctly, but that's only think. It doesn't seem to trigger as relyably as I would like, but I suspect that is due to the number of non-standard monster spawns etc I have.

What I would like from a 'combat rape' mod is something that:

1. Won't let me die, therefore allowing gameplay to continue after losing a fight.
  2. Drops me out of a fight sequence.
  3. Then triggers sex sequence(s).
  4. ^ - With the resultant consequences therefore, ie drugs, possible Devices, wear & tear, etc.
  5. And then lets me run like hell away from the encounter before it all happens again.

Do you know how well Devious Surrender handles:

• Non-vanilla monsters from other mods?
  • Devious Captures / The chance of you getting device'd as well as raped?
  • Skooma Whore / The chance of you getting drugged as well as raped?(*)
  • Not taking all my stuff during a 'defeat' encounter?
  • Letting you escape afterwards?

Thinking about it, it may be worth revisiting the combat surrender functionality in Cursed Loot and seeing how that works.

(*) = I think this functionality is native to Skooma Whore, so it should be ok.

Just Sleep issues &/ Dangerous Nights:

5 Just Sleep, or another Needs type mod: If I add Dangerous Night, I'll add this to make sure my girl can't just choose to wait instead of sleep. Will probably also try to add See You Sleep to allow for automatic nude sleeping. Tried it. Something conflicted with it and it asked me if I wanted to sleep again after sleeping the first time. The quest for a non-intrusive PC nude sleep mod continues.

Interesting.

Just Sleep seems to work for me, with the relevant option in Cursed Loot ticked if I want to force nude sleeping. (I don't usually, I want nude sleeping to be the result of having to be nude for other reasons - and to increase the chances of nighttime rape as a result. So I can normally sleep in a tavern and have a nights sleep, but if I am naked or in the wilderness it's more risky, and if I am naked and in the wilderness...that's bad!)

I didn't get on with Dangerous Nights initially, for two reasons:

• The nightime attacks seemed to spawn and then just stand around quite often rather than rape me.
  • It seemed to trigger on a /hour rather than /night frequency, leading to a much higher probability than I wanted.

Just Sleep is configurable, so you can potenitally set it to consider 1hr a full nights sleep (go dragonborn stamina!) to mitigate the second issue.

It also allows you to attack your attackers rather than just get raped, which you may or may not like. It's nice for immersion, but it also let's you dodge the event.

---------------------------------------------------

Build wise:

(cut for length)

I have broken my game/save again.

Was using a mod called Mark Books As Read to help identify, well, books I had already encountered.

I rolled back a bunch of mods to try and make some headroom for more encounter mods, and one of these clearly added some books or something. Anyways, Mark Books As Read is now spamming my error log with GBs of errors.

And has baked something into the savegame, so if I try and load the game without it then it crashes on save.

I've tried cleaning the save, but as I can't save the game without the mod loaded the savegame editior thinks all the scripts are genuine I think.

I think it's start-a-new game time.

Still don't think I've got Arousal working the way I want it to.

I think I also have some issues with script lag, so some mod's arn't responding correctly.

Prison Overhaul and Sexual Fame added...and rolled back due to previously mentioned script lag.

I've got full fat ENB working (Vivid Weathers) and am in two minds about it. I can see why people like ENB's from a screen shot archery perspective, but the lighting is all over the shop. One moment i'm blinded from sunshine to the face and god rays everywhere, the next I go into a cave and it's pitch black. I can see why some people think it's immersive but for me it's mostly annoying and making the game harder to play for no reason.

Played through The Cheese of Ages. Ace little adventure mod, recommend it.

Am experimenting with armour/weapon degradation mods to encourage more looting of corpses (and therefore Cursed Loot). If your weapons/armour keep breaking, you have to keep replacing them - right?

I'm starting with Loot and Degradation, which has the nice side effect of dropping honed/workbenched items. I tried adding Weapons And Armour Degradation And Repair, but that mod seems to work by adding partially damaged versons of everything to the levelled lists so i've pulled it out for now.

I've also found a bunch of extra encounter mods:

Genesis

Skyrim NPC Overhaul

ASIS

Monster Mod

...so I have tried to clean my mod list / load order out a bit to make some space for them and see what happens.

It might be overkill, but hopefully it will be new and exciting opportunities for adventure and the occasional Defeat sequence.

I've also stolen a bunch of followers from the 'best looking followers' thread, but I don't think I have the headroom to add them yet. :(

...maybe I should buy a better SSD and some more RAM to support my skyrim build...

eta:

I seem to remember a mod a la Simple Slavery where you were sold off as a slave and could end up in some of the more punishing Cursed Loot events (ie Damsel In Distress). It doesn't seem like it is Simple Slavery tho. Anyone know which mod it is?

Hum. The quote attribution seems to be shot. Sorry about that.

Eating/drinking/sleeping mods:

I'm still using 'Just Sleep' for this.

It forces me to rest (and therefore trigger the resultant risks) without completely crippling me or interupting the flow of the game by making me eat and drink constantly.

I've considered something that does force me to eat and drink, but not because of the eating/drinking per se. It would encourage me to loot more containers looking for food and drink, and talk to more merchants - both of which are fun catch-22 choices due to Cursed Loot. However, I'm not interested in the micromanagment of constantly grubbing around in my inventory for food/drink and I already have a nice balance on looting risks/rewards and likewise risks/rewards for talking to merchants so I havn't persued the idea any further.

Devious Surrender:

a mod that has potential for what you want would be Devious Surrender ( http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2105-beta-testing-devious-surrender-v2/ ).

Hum. Interesting. I think I have Defeat working correctly, but that's only think. It doesn't seem to trigger as relyably as I would like, but I suspect that is due to the number of non-standard monster spawns etc I have.

What I would like from a 'combat rape' mod is something that:

1. Won't let me die, therefore allowing gameplay to continue after losing a fight.
  2. Drops me out of a fight sequence.
  3. Then triggers sex sequence(s).
  4. ^ - With the resultant consequences therefore, ie drugs, possible Devices, wear & tear, etc.
  5. And then lets me run like hell away from the encounter before it all happens again.

Do you know how well Devious Surrender handles:

• Non-vanilla monsters from other mods?
  • Devious Captures / The chance of you getting device'd as well as raped?
  • Skooma Whore / The chance of you getting drugged as well as raped?(*)
  • Not taking all my stuff during a 'defeat' encounter?
  • Letting you escape afterwards?

Thinking about it, it may be worth revisiting the combat surrender functionality in Cursed Loot and seeing how that works.

(*) = I think this functionality is native to Skooma Whore, so it should be ok.

Just Sleep issues &/ Dangerous Nights:

5 Just Sleep, or another Needs type mod: If I add Dangerous Night, I'll add this to make sure my girl can't just choose to wait instead of sleep. Will probably also try to add See You Sleep to allow for automatic nude sleeping. Tried it. Something conflicted with it and it asked me if I wanted to sleep again after sleeping the first time. The quest for a non-intrusive PC nude sleep mod continues.

Interesting.

Just Sleep seems to work for me, with the relevant option in Cursed Loot ticked if I want to force nude sleeping. (I don't usually, I want nude sleeping to be the result of having to be nude for other reasons - and to increase the chances of nighttime rape as a result. So I can normally sleep in a tavern and have a nights sleep, but if I am naked or in the wilderness it's more risky, and if I am naked and in the wilderness...that's bad!)

I didn't get on with Dangerous Nights initially, for two reasons:

• The nightime attacks seemed to spawn and then just stand around quite often rather than rape me.
  • It seemed to trigger on a /hour rather than /night frequency, leading to a much higher probability than I wanted.

Just Sleep is configurable, so you can potenitally set it to consider 1hr a full nights sleep (go dragonborn stamina!) to mitigate the second issue.

It also allows you to attack your attackers rather than just get raped, which you may or may not like. It's nice for immersion, but it also let's you dodge the event.

---------------------------------------------------

Build wise:

(cut for length)

I have broken my game/save again.

Was using a mod called Mark Books As Read to help identify, well, books I had already encountered.

I rolled back a bunch of mods to try and make some headroom for more encounter mods, and one of these clearly added some books or something. Anyways, Mark Books As Read is now spamming my error log with GBs of errors.

And has baked something into the savegame, so if I try and load the game without it then it crashes on save.

I've tried cleaning the save, but as I can't save the game without the mod loaded the savegame editior thinks all the scripts are genuine I think.

I think it's start-a-new game time.

Still don't think I've got Arousal working the way I want it to.

I think I also have some issues with script lag, so some mod's arn't responding correctly.

Prison Overhaul and Sexual Fame added...and rolled back due to previously mentioned script lag.

I've got full fat ENB working (Vivid Weathers) and am in two minds about it. I can see why people like ENB's from a screen shot archery perspective, but the lighting is all over the shop. One moment i'm blinded from sunshine to the face and god rays everywhere, the next I go into a cave and it's pitch black. I can see why some people think it's immersive but for me it's mostly annoying and making the game harder to play for no reason.

Played through The Cheese of Ages. Ace little adventure mod, recommend it.

Am experimenting with armour/weapon degradation mods to encourage more looting of corpses (and therefore Cursed Loot). If your weapons/armour keep breaking, you have to keep replacing them - right?

I'm starting with Loot and Degradation, which has the nice side effect of dropping honed/workbenched items. I tried adding Weapons And Armour Degradation And Repair, but that mod seems to work by adding partially damaged versons of everything to the levelled lists so i've pulled it out for now.

I've also found a bunch of extra encounter mods:

Genesis

Skyrim NPC Overhaul

ASIS

Monster Mod

...so I have tried to clean my mod list / load order out a bit to make some space for them and see what happens.

It might be overkill, but hopefully it will be new and exciting opportunities for adventure and the occasional Defeat sequence.

I've also stolen a bunch of followers from the 'best looking followers' thread, but I don't think I have the headroom to add them yet. :(

...maybe I should buy a better SSD and some more RAM to support my skyrim build...

eta:

I seem to remember a mod a la Simple Slavery where you were sold off as a slave and could end up in some of the more punishing Cursed Loot events (ie Damsel In Distress). It doesn't seem like it is Simple Slavery tho. Anyone know which mod it is?

1 - eating/sleeping/drinking mods please read last post for more details but INeeds (so far in my limited testing) works well eat/drink 2-3 times per game day, with sleep 1 a game day to keep on top of it, and if you get behind it is easy to catch up.

2 - devious surrender (the new 0.5 LITE version)

1 - works for every death situation I have run into so far (including other mods added stuff {monsters and events}), it also covers suicide (jump off the College of Winterhold for example)

2- does drop you out of fight (might take a second or so depending on load at exact time of hit (or other death event) but does not let you die

3 - sex (rape) occurs

4 - not currently supported (used to be and probably will be again) due to rebuilding the mod from scratch

5 - yes indeed this is the correct way to prevent it happening all over again  "RUN LIKE HELL"

the non numbered part of your question on DSV2 (devious surrender) yes it handles all non vanilla death events as well as vanilla (my post on 24 april touches this more)

current rebuild does not add devices/force drug you on its own

taking of your stuff is dependent on MCM settings

as per 2.5 (just abovein this post) I quote "RUN LIKE HELL!"

final note DSV2 will not (by itself) cause a load screen EVER (if you see a load screen and are using it that means 1- an error occurred or 2 - you did something else to casue it {got knocked into a cave for example}

3 -  dangerous nights issue it does in fact work on a percentage basis (a certain % chance of interruption to sleep per hour), but it does have a progression basis to it.

sleeping for 1 hour during the daytime is very unlikely (to say the least) to trigger a scene (but it can happen) where sleeping for 8 hours is way more likely to trigger a scene, and it does take into

account of day vs night (day time sleep is less likely to be interrupted - sleeping during the nighttime interruptions are more likely)

I forget whether it's Dangerous Nights or Cursed Loot that has the always sleep nude feature ..but one of them does

4 - for monsters you may want to try (http://loverslab.com/files/file/1889-bad-dogs-immersive-creature-sic-addon/ ) with its pre-requisite file

this combination works very well in my personal setup (the bad dogs part lets them have fun with you, while the SIC part give a lot more types and places they can show up without actually editing the terrain at all).

between that and SOTGenesis (with adjusted settings) they give me all the extra encounters I want in my own build.

5 - the slavery mod that does this would be Deviously Enslaved Continued (Cursed Loot's "Damsel in Distress" quest and others)

6 - something else you might want to check out would be Vinfamy's mods (Sexlab Kidnapped  and SL Drunk) and possibly the Sexist Guards dialogue mod (by MixedupJim the creator of the devious surrender mod).

edit

forgot to add you might want to check out ( http://loverslab.com/files/file/3776-player-exhibitionist/ ) which (with the proper settings) can be used to just keep your character from redressing after being stripped (by sleeping/getting raped etc.) for a certain amount of time.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

(Devious Surrender discussion)

Can you confirm this?

Because I added it to have a look at it, and the MCM menu is covered in warnings about it not being enabled yet.

As an aside, I find it amusing that there are a million mods that deal with one aspect of X-rated skyrim (combat rape), but I'm struggling to find something that does a decent 'Please free me!' dialog if I turn up at a merchant all tied up!

I forget whether it's Dangerous Nights or Cursed Loot that has the always sleep nude feature ..but one of them does

I can confirm Cursed Loot has the ablity to strip you before/as part of sleeping. I don't know about Dangerous Nights.

4 - for monsters you may want to try (http://loverslab.com/files/file/1889-bad-dogs-immersive-creature-sic-addon/ ) with its pre-requisite file

this combination works very well in my personal setup (the bad dogs part lets them have fun with you, while the SIC part give a lot more types and places they can show up without actually editing the terrain at all).

Thank you for that.

I had missed that there was - naturally - a sexlab patch for Skyrim Immersive Creatures!

Now added. Let's see what breaks ;)

between Immersive Creatures and SOTGenesis (with adjusted settings) they give me all the extra encounters I want in my own build.

I've just added Genesis so it's a little early to provide feedback just yet. Early results are fairly encouraging tho.

I can recomend Organised Bandits In Skyrim as another mod that synergises well with Defeat and similar mods. It adds a lot more variety of bandits so you are much more likley to get your ass kicked by them!

I'm running a raft of encounter mods these days. Partly just to add variety to a game I have been playing on and off for well over a year, partly just to escalate things for reasons of gameplay and Defeat etc.

I think the list is:

Immersive Creatures

Immersive Patrols

Organised Bandits In skyrim

Populated Dungeons, Caves & Ruins

Traps and Pitfalls

Northern Encounters

More Bandit Camps

Watchtowers Reborn

Female Enemy Monster Aesthetics

Monster Mod

ASIS (?Added Spells, Increased Spawns?)

There is a bunch of extra locations for radiant quests as well.

I should possibly streamline that list, but the whole slew of them does work nicely for making Skyrim's wilderness feel like a dangerous place full of terrible things without resorting to any High Level mods that seem to make the game unplayable at low levels. Load times are an ongoing issue tho... :blush:

Deviously Enslaved Continued (Cursed Loot's "Damsel in Distress" quest and others)

Thanks.

Will check it out (again ;) )

something else you might want to check out would be Vinfamy's mods (Sexlab Kidnapped  and SL Drunk) and possibly the Sexist Guards dialogue mod (by MixedupJim the creator of the devious surrender mod).

Sexist Guards I use, although it can get repetative so I tend to use quite sedate settings for it.

SL Drunk probably won't make much difference, as there isn't any real gameplay reason for my character to drink mead etc so she doesn't. Cursed Loot does also have a drunkness function buried somewhere iirc.

SL Kidnapped is another interesting possiblity - I may check it out once I am established in the new game.

forgot to add you might want to check out is Player Exhibitionist ( http://loverslab.com/files/file/3776-player-exhibitionist/ ) which (with the proper settings) can be used to just keep your character from redressing after being stripped (by sleeping/getting raped etc.) for a certain amount of time.

I've been running that for a little while, and it looked promising.

I've removed it now tho for two reasons:

It was more inconvenient than it was fun. Restricting shop opening times and even a 50% 'strip now' setting got more irritating than it was amusing.

It didn't actually lead to anything much. I was expecting it to lead to me undressing and then risking getting raped, but it didn't really happen that way. Might have been the script lag issues. It did force the device dialog a couple of times tho.

May be worth revisiting when it has matured a little bit more. Or I'm in a different mood.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

(Devious Surrender discussion)

Can you confirm this?

Because I added it to have a look at it, and the MCM menu is covered in warnings about it not being enabled yet.

As an aside, I find it amusing that there are a million mods that deal with one aspect of X-rated skyrim (combat rape), but I'm struggling to find something that does a decent 'Please free me!' dialog if I turn up at a merchant all tied up!

forgot to add you might want to check out is Player Exhibitionist ( http://loverslab.com/files/file/3776-player-exhibitionist/ ) which (with the proper settings) can be used to just keep your character from redressing after being stripped (by sleeping/getting raped etc.) for a certain amount of time.

I've been running that for a little while, and it looked promising.

I've removed it now tho for two reasons:

It was more inconvenient than it was fun. Restricting shop opening times and even a 50% 'strip now' setting got more irritating than it was amusing.

It didn't actually lead to anything much. I was expecting it to lead to me undressing and then risking getting raped, but it didn't really happen that way. Might have been the script lag issues. It did force the device dialog a couple of times tho.

May be worth revisiting when it has matured a little bit more. Or I'm in a different mood.

devious surrender - my mistake that part is not currently available (I had mixed up 2 mods in my head).

most of the MCM is not currently working (either it is a placeholder or not enabled due to rewrite).

for the aside - if you find one please share.

I use the player exhibitionist mod for 3 main things

1- post rape unable to instantly redress

2- money sink (it does so at times)

3- increase vulnerability at times in town (merchant makes me take off clothes, combined with redress time out, combined with other mods = lots more chances of rape/capture/enslavement/other stuff)

my settings have the shopkeepers set to be voyeurs at 95% (see 2 and 3 above) but the time restriction so far just increases the money sink aspect (at least for me so far this has been the only independent affect of it)

every time I go to shop outside Exhibitionist's "shop time" I can still shop ..it just cost more (sometimes a lot more).

once "friends" with a  merchant it does ignore the Exhibitionist settings as far as I have seen.

I set the redress time out to 3 hours which works for what I want it to do (go shopping and with most merchants I am not friends with I end up naked), combined with my habit of going to merchants right off when I

hit towns means I spend most of my time in town naked (and with all the take advantage of naked mods I have something almost always does before I can finish in town or redress).

I wanted my Skyrim to be a dangerous place most of the time - dungeon type places due to enemies etc and town type places due to her being a women (and getting taken advantage of)

where later in her life she will have a safer time in town (hey she eventually gets stronger and makes friends so get taken advantage of less)

and with exhibitionist and other mods I can do this (just have to get the settings right)

I just made certain that the "limited dress up time" option was NOT engaged (that way if I am going thru a dungeon it does not take all my clothes/armour off in the middle of the fight)....I do plan to enable that feature eventually (once I get everything else in my setup tweaked).

edit

if you want tougher enemies you might want to check out the Wenches series (on nexus). they don't (usually) add more monster types but depending

on which ones you have can make some stuff tougher (they just affect females).   I personally just use Immersive Wenches (main mod and needed by the others),

Deadly Wenches (tougher bandit types), More Deadly Wenches (some more bandit types),and am testing Judgement Wenches (dewmer wenches).

I had Hateful Wenches and Forgotten Wenches but took them out due to they added super tough stuff (they would be okay, I think, on a high level {50-75+} game).

Cut for length.

for the aside - if you find one please share.

At some point I should probably accept the inevitable and learn how to write such a thing myself.

I've got a reasonable idea what I would be aiming to do, which is basically expand massively upon the 'device dialog' concept.

You go up to someone and beg them for help. And then they might help, or they might do evil things.

...Or they might take advantage of you just for talking to them whilst deviced before you can even beg them for help.

...Or they might take advantage of you for wandering around naked.

...Or a passing guard might abuse their authority and do evil things to you just because they can.

...etc, etc.

There are lots of opportunities for such shenanigans but I lack the knowledge to write it myself.

Also, the idea was to actually play a fun kinky skyrim game, not constantly dick around with it. Oh well.

afaik, the best tool that currently exists is some escape functionality from Sanguines Debuachery which let's you pay some blacksmiths to remove some restraints. But it's not intended to interact with other mods, and SD seems to have a lot of engine load assosiated with it - I've never had much luck adding it to a stable build.

Since I did the papyrus etc tweaks mentioned earlier in this thread I was able to use it for a while but have had to disable it yet again in order to make headroom for all the monster mods I have just discovered!

I use the player exhibitionist mod for 3 main things

1- post rape unable to instantly redress

2- money sink (it does so at times)

3- increase vulnerability at times in town (merchant makes me take off clothes, combined with redress time out, combined with other mods = lots more chances of rape/capture/enslavement/other stuff)

1) Does nothing for my game, as I have Cursed Loot set to have a timeout preventing repeated rape. So being unable to instantly redress doesn't make much difference, as I have no chance of being jumped again anyway. 

2) I noticed this effect, but didn't find the effect signifcant. Cash sinks is something i have been playing around with as I like the idea of running out of money and dovahkin having to sell her ass in order to pay a blacksmith to release her. Partly this is a futile exercise due to the lack of suitable mod for the 'pay a blacksmith to release her' thing as discussed above. But it's also really, really hard to get this balance right.

The best cash sinks I have found are:

• the mod Contraband. By making robbing bandits etc illegal and their stuff 'stolen' by default, one of your main sources of revenue dries up. You can still loot their gear and use it, but you can't (easily) sell it all.
  • Using Skytweak to drop the cost of training. In a cash limited game, default training costs is a big ask. Make them attainable, and suddenly you have a 2.5k/level overhead you didn't before.
  • Accidently breaking the Trade and Barter mod. If you remove this mod without properly disabling it in MCM it seems to massively reduce the quantity of cash most merchants have available. It occured to me that you could do this deliberately - merchants are in the business of selling you things after all, not buying your bloodstained junk of dubious providence. Barter still kind of works - you can buy something from them, and then sell them stuff to recover the gold you just spent. But you can't just walk up and sell stuff - your main source of actual gold coins is looting them and quest rewards.

3) This was the objective for me. I just found it didn't quite happen that way, and it became more annoying from merchants refusing to serve me than it was fun from having to walk around naked etc. It's possible some of my mods arn't quite setup right for this to happen but I don't know which settings to change at this time.

once "friends" with a  merchant Player Exhibitionist does ignore the Exhibitionist settings as far as I have seen.

Oooh - does it?

If this is true, I like that effect. It's an incentive to do the little side quests &/ to hunt down your friendly merchants rather than just spending all your time in whiterun.

It may also explain why it felt like it wasn't quite working - I was interacting with merchants where it wouldn't trigger.

I wanted my Skyrim to be a dangerous place most of the time - dungeon type places due to enemies etc and town type places due to her being a women (and getting taken advantage of)

I'm aiming for a similar mood, and I think I am mostly there.

• Dungeon's and wilderness' really are dangerous places. The reason it takes a legendary hero to loot these places and nobody else does is because they actually ARE really dangerous and anybody else would die horribly. I've done this mostly through loading up on extra encouter etc mods so that there are lots of horrible monsters wanting to kill you. And stuff like Forest of Whiterun to make it harder to sneak around.
  • Dovahkin is cursed. Yes, they are the hero foretold by legends and empowered by the gods. This also means there are lots of Dedra etc with a vested interest in them failing and in making dovahkin's life utter hell. This is the RP rationale behind mods like Cursed Loot and the fact that everybody else seems to be able to walk from town to town fine whereas you get eaten by trolls and bandits three seperate times as soon as you step outside the city gates.
  • Rampant sexism. Partly, see the above. The reason dovakin gets raped for wandering around naked at night or talking to someone whilst wearing strange bondage gear is because these sorts of things do just happen to her - but they also happen to her in a world where repeated prison rape is a thing and a woman has no real business holding a sword. The reason nobody seems to mind is because, well, nobody actually minds and they probably would fuck her themselves if they got the chance.
  • Dovahkin is actually crazy. I figure being a cursed homicdal hobo with fantastic cosmic power is probably going to do a number on your percepton of reality. So, you know, going into yet another tomb full of cursed loot sounds like an excellent idea - what's the worst that can happen? Yes, of course she will go and collect a stack of fire salts for you - it's not like she should really be saving the world from dragons or anything. This is also the RP reason for some of the slightly schizophrenic graphics i've ended up with (eg. bright green leafy trees beside snow covered pines) - Dovahkin is seeing things

if you want tougher enemies you might want to check out the Wenches series (on nexus). they don't (usually) add more monster types but depending

on which ones you have can make some stuff tougher (they just affect females).   I personally just use Immersive Wenches (main mod and needed by the others),

Deadly Wenches (tougher bandit types), More Deadly Wenches (some more bandit types),and am testing Judgement Wenches (dewmer wenches).

I had Hateful Wenches and Forgotten Wenches but took them out due to they added super tough stuff (they would be okay, I think, on a high level {50-75+} game).

:D Yay! Thanks for this!

I have vauge memories of seeing those mods ages ago when I first started modding.

I think I skipped over them then as gratuitous and unnecesary.

...and these days my game has embraced gratuity gladly!

Now, to try and work out what I can roll back in order to make resource headroom for yet more cleavage and encounters - it's not like I'm having engine load issues already or anything... :cool:

Also, the idea was to actually play a fun kinky skyrim game, not constantly dick around with it. Oh well.

nod nod sigh oh well at least we can share the pain

I have vauge memories of seeing those mods ages ago when I first started modding.

I think I skipped over them then as gratuitous and unnecesary.

...and these days my game has embraced gratuity gladly!

Now, to try and work out what I can roll back in order to make resource headroom for yet more cleavage and encounters - it's not like I'm having engine load issues already or anything... :cool:

as for load issues - if you are having load issues due to graphics (yes i would love to run skyirm with nothing but 4k textures but I cannot) a program

someone else recommended to me was Ordenador (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/ ).  all I use it for personally is to compress

textures (it does do a good job here) which let me use less memory and stuff on textures overall and I could add a few more mods that way

decision for me was lower textures = slightly lower in game graphics but more playability.  course if you already have a super great graphics card you

probably wont need it.

as for load issues - if you are having load issues due to graphics (yes i would love to run skyirm with nothing but 4k textures but I cannot) a program

someone else recommended to me was Ordenador (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/ ).  all I use it for personally is to compress

textures (it does do a good job here) which let me use less memory and stuff on textures overall and I could add a few more mods that way

decision for me was lower textures = slightly lower in game graphics but more playability.  course if you already have a super great graphics card you

probably wont need it.

I was running a bunch of 2k textures and item replacers but most of them have been rolled back in an attempt to get my load times manageable. The stuff I havn't pulled completely I've dropped to 1k. From a pure graphics side of things I think the two biggest are JK's skyrim (which does windhelm slums so very well...) and Tamriel Reloaded. There is some other stuff like Whiterun Forest, but that is as much gameplay as graphics.  There might be some scope for reintroducing them, but only if I buy a high end SSD that is capable of loading a 100GBish game nice and quick!

My graphics card isn't screaming that loudly and whenever I run a performance monitor it shows up as being under partial load so i don't think it's the graphics load. I think it's a papyrus/script load thing where I'm just running quite a lot of mods, some of which have a significant load in their own right and am well outside design capabilities. Which is also how it feels in game. Gameplay is fairly sharp and reponsive - I can look around whiterun easily enough, fight etc. But some triggered events have a definate lag to them, like key drops, dialog updates etc.

I wonder - is there some tool that will let me detect if/when papyrus scripts are timing out? Possibly just by spawning an error when that happens that I can find if/when I check the logs afterwards?

I've tacked my current mod list and load order onto this (warning, both are quite sizeable these days) and am open to ideas as to how to reduce it but I think the answer is 'fewer mods'. Which is a boring answer.

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

My graphics card isn't screaming that loudly and whenever I run a performance monitor it shows up as being under partial load so i don't think it's the graphics load. I think it's a papyrus/script load thing where I'm just running quite a lot of mods, some of which have a significant load in their own right and am well outside design capabilities. Which is also how it feels in game. Gameplay is fairly sharp and reponsive - I can look around whiterun easily enough, fight etc. But some triggered events have a definate lag to them, like key drops, dialog updates etc.

I wonder - is there some tool that will let me detect if/when papyrus scripts are timing out? Possibly just by spawning an error when that happens that I can find if/when I check the logs afterwards?

I've tacked my current mod list and load order onto this (warning, both are quite sizeable these days) and am open to ideas as to how to reduce it but I think the answer is 'fewer mods'. Which is a boring answer.

ok then it probably is not graphics related.  you will have to search for ways to adjust the settings (in your ini file) so that it does not cause stack dumps.

just search here on LL and you can find a lot about that.  it sounds like it is mostly a papyrus load issue and I am sorry to say the only real way to reduce

that is to reduce mods that use papyrus.  the other way to help alleviate the problem is having more ram ..but if you already run 8G or more ram (not vram)

that wont really help (due to skyrim built in limitations). the other thing that might (just a possibility) help would be load order optimization (put like things together), so that most of your armor mods are together, weapon mods with weapon mods etc.  you wont be able to get that exact probably but it can help

a little bit.

there is a latency tool that will check how long it is taking papyrus to do stuff.  I just don't remember where I saw it offhand.

the only things I saw in your load order I did not like where

a - DAYMOYL - personal issues with that mod (so not a problem if you like it yourself)

b - did not see the MoreNastyCritters.esp file at all (you do need that file for creature "encounters")

c - you have a DisableBorders.ESM if all you are using that for is to disable Skyrim's borders it can be done with a  simple modification to the ini files

search for Folkstead (on nexus - it is a additional lands type mod) and on its page it tells you how to modify the ini files to get that effect.

in my game I do have a little lag on key drops, and things like that, but it is minor and easily bearable for me currently. I am attaching my current modlist

and load order for comparison purposes.

loadorder 05012017.txt

modlist 05012017.txt

I am attaching my current modlist and load order for comparison purposes.

Thanks.

That's a lot lighter than mine.

Guess it isn't suprising how these things build up. You keep adding more and more mods, and they are all awesome and you don't want to lose any of them!

The Lilly Courier replacer looks interesting. I might have a look at that.

The only other thing that I noticed was I think you are runing Sexual Fame. I pulled that out because I suspected it was quite intensive - but obviously I can't be sure on these things yet.

there is a latency tool that will check how long it is taking papyrus to do stuff.  I just don't remember where I saw it offhand.

Found it.

Elephant's Script Latency Tester.

Some quick testing suggests that I'm usually at about 80, which is apparently at the high end of normal. The moment I do anything such as open a menu or a load screen it skyrockets into four figures however, so I guess that confirms that I do have some lag. It's difficult to be sure without knowing quite what normal behaviour is tho.

I've also got a raft of stack dumps in my log, which I guess is another clue. I assume there shouldn't be any.

The primary suspects seem to be 'crdemasterscript.psc; and 'crdefollowerscript.psc' - I don't suppose anyone knows what mod/functionality these are assosiated with?

I can't be sure about MoreNastyCritters. I think I will leave it out for now. I think i have had creature defeat sequences before without it, but I can't be sure offhand. There hasn't been one recently, but then I don't trigger Defeat that often (or didn't, until I tripled+ the number of bandits by adding Genesis, ASIS, etc. I should possibly pull one of them, but carving your way through armies of bandits is so much fun...). Some testing might be needed.

Thank you all for your help and ideas.

It's certainly shaping up to be quite an interesting game to play, and it's fairly stable in use despite the growing mod list so I am clearly getting there.

1 The Lilly Courier replacer looks interesting. I might have a look at that.

2 The only other thing that I noticed was I think you are runing Sexual Fame. I pulled that out because I suspected it was quite intensive - but obviously I can't be sure on these things yet.

3 The primary suspects seem to be 'crdemasterscript.psc; and 'crdefollowerscript.psc' - I don't suppose anyone knows what mod/functionality these are assosiated with?

1 - the Lilliy Courier just replaces the default courier with a female one (looks way better imho) who can also be a follower.

2 - Sexual Fame can possibly cause a hit (not sure). i have not noticed a hit at all but i cannot be sure.

I just adjusted its refresh rate to maximum delay (adjustable in its MCM).

I use it for the values it gives (some of my other mods use these values), and the child remover feature.

one thing i should mention is i made sure to use it's MCM so that it does NOT redress naked slaves anymore (it can if you set it to).

3 - cdre prefix on scripts is for Deviously Enslaved Continued if I remember right (not 100% sure)

• 3 weeks later...

Back to making random notes.

Loot and Degradation works ace as a cash sink - because your weapons/armour degrade, you have to keep pouring cash at a blacksmith to keep them up to date. And keep your eyes open for handy loot, so that one was well worth finding.

Dark Investigations is an ACE storyline mod, well recommended. It's on a blog somewhere having been pulled from here for reasons I am unaware of.

Gave Shout Like A Virgin another try.

It's clearly a well written mod with a bunch of lovely/evil ideas, but it's also one of these mods that you need to be building your game around rather than just adding to it I think. Interactions with other mods are...challenging.

It constantly derails everything. From the opening sequence of "Go and do these four quests in order to get the gag etc off' to 'Hello! I'm an encounter! Would you like sex now?' occuring repeatedly when I'm up to my eyeballs in a running battle with bandits.

The whole 'permantenly locked into devices' thing means I am constantly triggering rape sequences through device dialog and the rape funtionality in Cursed Loot - so the whole 'you must stay a virgin' thing is pretty much a lost cause. Oh, and wear&tear/drug addiction levels go balistic and you end up basically staggering everywhere with no stat regen.

The 'punishment' items you get locked into for random reasons do you 40-60% damage, which is a real issue with defeat running and no health regen. Especially as I've scaled most of the fights to be deliberately challening so that defeat is an issue...

Re-using the deadric shrines is kinda cool, but hacking my way through the hordes of monsters surounding them (*) gets problematic fast.

'Go here, shag this. No go there, shag that' get's oddly repetative quite quickly.

It's got a nice extensive MCM menu so there is a lot of room for tweaking all of that, but...I just didn't have the investment to try and make it work because it was constantly fighting me.

Sorry for the rant!

Immserive/hateful wenches et all are kinda cool, but have some unexected side effects. One is that when combined with OBIS many bandit encounters do end up as enormous armies. Which isn't a terminal issue, but it does mean that walking into bandit camps turns into epic rolling getting-your-ass-kicked battles and lots of running away/around.

The other side effect is that, during said epic rolling battles the chance of defeat being triggered by a male agressor drops significantly. Which is a bit of a shame.

The custom and Tera armours are also quite cool, and a nice way of dropping some more interesting armour for dovakin to wear.

Oh the less positive note, I seem to have lost a bunch of hair textures when messing around with NPC replacers at some point. But I don't quite know which ones, I've tried messing about pulling Apachii hair etc to try and find which one is doing it but no joy. Any suggestions as to where to start looking would be cool.

And i'm getting bored of guys with dicks and pants on at the same time, so suggestions there would also be cool.

Have some interesting ideas for a 'devious discussions' mod to expand release options and make wandering around town more fun, but still havn't got as far as learning the creation kit in order to write it. I'm still pretending to myself that the idea is to play skyrim, not mess around with the back end constantly.

(*) = Yes, that's a build choice.

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

Immserive/hateful wenches et all are kinda cool, but have some unexected side effects. One is that when combined with OBIS many bandit encounters do end up as enormous armies. Which isn't a terminal issue, but it does mean that walking into bandit camps turns into epic rolling getting-your-ass-kicked battles and lots of running away/around.

The other side effect is that, during said epic rolling battles the chance of defeat being triggered by a male agressor drops significantly. Which is a bit of a shame.

The custom and Tera armours are also quite cool, and a nice way of dropping some more interesting armour for dovakin to wear.

Oh the less positive note, I seem to have lost a bunch of hair textures when messing around with NPC replacers at some point. But I don't quite know which ones, I've tried messing about pulling Apachii hair etc to try and find which one is doing it but no joy. Any suggestions as to where to start looking would be cool.

ok nice to know the issue with OBIS.

idea would be to use Immersive Wenches (give you the extra wenches [including vampire] without all the bandits being messed with) and maybe

Judgement Wenches (extra wenches in dwarven ruins - probably need to tweak the settings for it though)

if you just use Immersive and Judgement Wenches you would get extra wenches and the only extra hostile wenches would be inside dwarven ruins.

if lost the textures totally I have no clue

if lost just on some NPCs - I have had that happen to me.  on my setup it was due to other mods (later in the load order) changing (back in some cases)

the same NPC I was using the replacer to change the looks of.  I found a solution that worked for me (learned how to make a merged patch with TES5Edit)

advantage of making a merged patch is that I can use multiple npc replacers and pick which one I take the looks from for each npc it changes.

the 2 major disadvantages are its time consuming to make (especially the first time), and if you update one of the master files of the merged patch you

have to recreate it

saw a post by you (on another thread that is now locked) asking about a Jarl's Daughter quest in Morthal

if I read it right that particular quest is part of the Mia's Lair (Sexlab Sex Slaves) mod.  it is a nice mod and has some quests, and gives you some options

after finishing certain parts of it so that you can do (train followers and others) some things later also.

ok nice to know the issue with OBIS.

idea would be to use Immersive Wenches (give you the extra wenches [including vampire] without all the bandits being messed with) and maybe

Judgement Wenches (extra wenches in dwarven ruins - probably need to tweak the settings for it though)

if you just use Immersive and Judgement Wenches you would get extra wenches and the only extra hostile wenches would be inside dwarven ruins.

I think OBIS is the only mod i'm using currently that spawns extra bandits. It did get rather silly and I had to roll some stuff like ASIS & genesis back. It's possible Genesis still exists as I think it's bundled into WatchTowers Reborn, and it's very possible that something else is going on i've lost track of.

And nah, i don't think I need to pull Hateful Wenches. It's mostly good. Challenging bandit encounters that you can easily lose control of and trigger defeat (even at very low difficulties :blush:) are mostly a good thing - and the fact they drop handy outfits which encourages you to loot them and trigger DCL is also a bonus.

I decided against Judgement Wenches - dwemer ruins are currently enough of a slog anyways, and I wasn't sold on the aesthetic. (partly down to DCL, they tend to be big areas so DCL can get punishing)

Deadly Wenches are still in the load order for now, but might have to come back for similar reasons to no Judgement Wenches - they do make tombs etc a lot harder.

if lost just on some NPCs - I have had that happen to me.  on my setup it was due to other mods (later in the load order) changing (back in some cases)

the same NPC I was using the replacer to change the looks of.  I found a solution that worked for me (learned how to make a merged patch with TES5Edit)

Yeah, it's just some.

It's something to do with an NPC replacer &/or it's hairstyle resource prerequisites, but I have tried disabling the prime suspects (AR heroines and the various apachii hairs) and had no joy.

It hadn't occured to me they could be interacting with the bashed patch - i'd assumed it was simply a dominance thing and whichever was last in load/mod order got to use it's resources...

I use wyre bash for the patch and have re-run it. It rebuilt sucessfully, but i've still got some folks wandering around with plastic purple haircuts.

saw a post by you (on another thread that is now locked) asking about a Jarl's Daughter quest in Morthal

if I read it right that particular quest is part of the Mia's Lair (Sexlab Sex Slaves) mod.  it is a nice mod and has some quests, and gives you some options

after finishing certain parts of it so that you can do (train followers and others) some things later also.

Ahha! I think i tried that a while back. I seem to remember the quest arc is quite fun and worth playing through, but the core mod being a bit OTT and awkward. It was a while ago tho, so probably worth revisiting.

Yeah, it's just some.

It's something to do with an NPC replacer &/or it's hairstyle resource prerequisites, but I have tried disabling the prime suspects (AR heroines and the various apachii hairs) and had no joy.

It hadn't occured to me they could be interacting with the bashed patch - i'd assumed it was simply a dominance thing and whichever was last in load/mod order got to use it's resources...

I use wyre bash for the patch and have re-run it. It rebuilt sucessfully, but i've still got some folks wandering around with plastic purple haircuts.

ok purple haircuts definitely means a missing texture somewhere.

most NPC replacers use either Apachii Hair (main, males, and females), KS Hairdos Renewal or SG Hairpack (google to find this one it is not on nexus)

some do use other stuff (like KS HDT hairs or Oblivion Hair Pack)

note - disabling hair mods in left pane (you can usually leave the esp turned off in the right pane, unless its listed as a hard requirement) will cause more

npcs to have the purple hair problem.

it is probably just one single npc replacer mod that is causing the problem

to figure out which it is, make a list (it can be just in your mind) of which npcs have the purple hair problem (the more of them you know the easier it will

be to figure out). then compare that list to your npc replacers to see which one (or more than one in some cases) has all of those npcs in it. 

once you figure out which is the problem check the specific replacer to see what it says it needs.

if you have everything it says it needs check the credits to see what hairstyle mod it used. (the mod author may have forgot to include all textures needed).

you can then try adding the (sometimes more than one) hairstyle mod they used to left pane of mo (ESP will not need to be active in right pane though)

to see if that fixes the problem (it should).

hope this helps

ok purple haircuts definitely means a missing texture somewhere.

most NPC replacers use either Apachii Hair (main, males, and females), KS Hairdos Renewal or SG Hairpack (google to find this one it is not on nexus)

some do use other stuff (like KS HDT hairs or Oblivion Hair Pack)

Heh. You seem to have beaten me to the post somewhat.

Was just coming back to say it turned out to be exactly what it looked like, which was a missing dependency/resource. I just needed to look harder.

That missing resource being KS Hairdos Renewal. Adding that in fixes the issue...

...but it's a huge mod to add for half a dozen people's haircuts. And I have load time issues already, so my preferred fix would be rolling back whichever mod is using it I think.

But MO doesn't have a change log as far as I can tell (one of the reasons I started this thread...ops!) so as it isn't the one I thought it was (AR Heroines) then I'm not sure what the culprit is. It's affecting Janessa, Yosalda and Irelith in whiterun as well as a few others.

Most odd.

hope this helps

Yeah, it does actually.

It's nice to know someone is interested/supportive of my bimbling around in the dark trying to make overly complex skyrim work!

Archived