[Sims 3] NRAAS MasterController - Edit in CAS vs. Stylist?

Hey guys,

I recently clicked on stylist to change one of my sim's outfits but then as soon I clicked on the button to accept and try to get out of the stylist mode my game kind of just hanged up. I won't say "freeze" because my sim was actually still animating on the pedestal and I was able to click on some buttons, but for the most part the menu was unresponsibe and whether or not I chose to confirm my changes to get out of stylist mode nothing worked. I had to force quit the game. Anyone have similar issues and know how to fix it?  :(

I guess my other question as it pertains to the title of this thread is, what's the difference in between editing in CAS vs. using the stylist option through MasterController? I know stylist was introduced in Ambitions (I have the expansion pack installed) and that it's a feature that only deals with clothes, hair styles, and makeup. But am I better off just using CAS as opposed to stylist, or does it even really matter?

Hey guys,

I recently clicked on stylist to change one of my sim's outfits but then as soon I clicked on the button to accept and try to get out of the stylist mode my game kind of just hanged up. I won't say "freeze" because my sim was actually still animating on the pedestal and I was able to click on some buttons, but for the most part the menu was unresponsibe and whether or not I chose to confirm my changes to get out of stylist mode nothing worked. I had to force quit the game. Anyone have similar issues and know how to fix it?  :(

I guess my other question as it pertains to the title of this thread is, what's the difference in between editing in CAS vs. using the stylist option through MasterController? I know stylist was introduced in Ambitions (I have the expansion pack installed) and that it's a feature that only deals with clothes, hair styles, and makeup. But am I better off just using CAS as opposed to stylist, or does it even really matter?

stylist lets you change the career  outfit as well as makeup and hair I use it a lot but if you make a lot of changes it will take a while to reload

You can only edit your Sims naked outfit in Stylist--even if you don't have Ambitions installed, you can still use the feature with MC.

To decrease lag with CAS, in Live Mode, click on City Hall or a computer. Select NRaas > Master Controller > CAS > Show in Compact Form clothing, accessories, & hats.

stylist lets you change the career  outfit as well as makeup and hair I use it a lot but if you make a lot of changes it will take a while to reload

Thanks for the clarification. :) It turns out there wasn't anything wrong, but that I had been playing the game for a while so maybe my RAM was just overloaded or something.

Hey guys,

You can only edit your Sims naked outfit in Stylist--even if you don't have Ambitions installed, you can still use the feature with MC.

To decrease lag with CAS, in Live Mode, click on City Hall or a computer. Select NRaas > Master Controller > CAS > Show in Compact Form clothing, accessories, & hats.

Oh wow, that actually sped up CAS :o Thanks for the tip!

Archived