[Solved] Asymmetrical Eyes

So I only just noticed this yesterday but it's already driving me crazy; the left eye (on our right) on every character in my game seems to be slightly deformed. It doesn't seem to matter which race the character is or even which head mesh they use the outer side of the eye tends to curve downward. I don't think I'm just imagining things but I've added a few screenshots below using basic presets to elaborate just in case:

Here I've projected red lines from the end of the eyelid lines to clearly show what I'm talking about. Look at the space difference between the eye and the end of the eyelid fold:

image.png

Ashen race, which has its own unique head nif and tri files:

image.png

Imperial using vanilla head nif:

image.png

Nord using vanilla head nif:

image.png

The problem is present across all races and presets, with some looking worse than others. I've tried using Citrus HD head as well before taking these screenshots and the problem was still present. I can swap it back in and take more screenshots if necessary. I can't even begin to guess what might be causing the problem since according to Mod Organizer I'm using the vanilla head nif and tri and the only mod I have installed that should be affecting face geometry is RaceMenu 3.4. I tried a google search and found a few other threads around mentioning problems with the left eye but the only possible solution ventured was swapping out head meshes, which hasn't worked for me. If anyone with knowledge about face geometry and the files involved has any insight I'd love to hear it. Maybe I'm crazy and it's only a small thing but I was in the middle of taking screenshots on one of my characters when I noticed this and haven't been able to actually play the game since.

Thanks.

The UV map on the vanilla headmesh is asymmetrical, that's what causes the glitch. And yep once you notice that, it's gonna drive you crazy ;-)

I use the headmesh from Grapheneblock version 20, which IIRC should be the same like the one from ECE.

So I'm not crazy! I thought the actual shape of the eyes looked good on both sides but still couldn't quite figure out why the corner looked so off. Using the Grapheneblock mesh did it. Thanks, you're a lifesaver!

Now to go rebuild all my characters who previously used the Ashen race head nif...

• 5 months later...

The UV map on the vanilla headmesh is asymmetrical, that's what causes the glitch. And yep once you notice that, it's gonna drive you crazy ;-)

I use the headmesh from Grapheneblock version 20, which IIRC should be the same like the one from ECE.

So I'm not crazy! I thought the actual shape of the eyes looked good on both sides but still couldn't quite figure out why the corner looked so off. Using the Grapheneblock mesh did it. Thanks, you're a lifesaver!

Now to go rebuild all my characters who previously used the Ashen race head nif...

Hi guys. I was just wondering what head mesh files did u use to solve this problem and where did u put them. I trying to use extended character edits female meshes but i'm not sure which ones to use and where to put them. here's 2 pictures of one of my characters. Its not to bad from far away but u can see it more when i zoom in ingame.post-977377-0-09417600-1483310389_thumb.jpgpost-977377-0-99487000-1483310389_thumb.jpg

I'm running my mods through mod organizer.

Thanks for any help

Hi guys. I was just wondering what head mesh files did u use to solve this problem and where did u put them. I trying to use extended character edits female meshes but i'm not sure which ones to use and where to put them. here's 2 pictures of one of my characters. Its not to bad from far away but u can see it more when i zoom in ingame.attachicon.gif72850_screenshots_20170101055119_1.jpgattachicon.gif72850_screenshots_20170101055120_1.jpg

I'm running my mods through mod organizer.

Thanks for any help

Use the one for the vanilla races, IIRC there is one for that and one for the YGnord race.

But that only fixes the asymmetry on the eyelid texture, most of the eye morphs are asymmetrical anyways.

Archived