[Animation] Custom static ones & problems

Kaz Aanh

Heya

I can't really figure it out what I am doing wrong, when I create anims. If anyone could lend a hand I would be very grateful.

*right click on the hyperlink and open in the tab if imgur blocks it*

So yeah, I am using this 3ds max skeleton rig and obviously 3dsmax 2012+ latest nifplugins from nexus. As a base for my workflow I used a video reference used here  and this tut from teswiki .

I just want to mention I want ( I did created already ) a static-non animated pose, then it goes like this:

• ctrl + a -> setkeys toggle ( for red border to appear ) -> at 0 i press key icon, move slider at 60 and press again ( this is how it should work, doesnt it? #1
  • I select Root_F , open dope-sheet - > highlight NPC Root -> add new track > highlight freshly created Notes -> Keys>Insert keys , 1 at the beginning at frame 0:0 and second at 60:0 ( applying  "start -name mt_idle -at y" and "end" properly ) #2
  • Animation > Save Animation as .xml , i check everything beside Keyable tracks , from 0:0 to 60:0
  • then Load Animation, lower bar with frames changes #3

Heh and now what? Some tuts did no mention stuff about Save'ing Animation and reloading it again, and other where you need Havok Content tools is nowhere to be found. So I am kinda stuck . . eh?

Ofc I have tried to export as .nif with these settings #4. And as you can expect I end up with the relaxed-T pose.

I did checked nif after conversion from .kf -> .hkx, if it wasn't empty #5

And here is how my hkx converter folder looks, I created a small .bat file to make it easier. #6

Does anyone knows where I did the mistake? And does anybody has "Havok Content Tools 2011.3" ?

Heh I wouldn't create a topic for this since there are plenty of tuts , but after going through several of them and spending half of day I need a little guidance. I am glad for any help.

@forget to add I used skeleton.hkx and female are extracted from the original Skyrim Animations.bsa.

Archived