Has anyone gotten this mod to work using Mod Organizer? Everything I've tried so far gets an error of "There was a problem starting \Skyrim\data\SKSE\Plugins\PostmortemTFC.dll The specified module could not be found." I'm guessing it has to do with the /src directory but everywhere I've tried putting it hasn't panned out and I'm out of ideas.

src contains source code and is not used by the dll. Your problem is that mod organizer put dlls into some other place then tricks the game to believe they are from Skyrim\data\SKSE\Plugins, which in fact doesn't contain PostmortemTFC.dll. I will try to work out an update to address this problem. For now, either install manually or use MO's unmanaged mode.

Ah so by manually you mean into the actual physical skyrim/data folder... I assumed you meant by manual install in the way it's normally meant for MO which is when you install and you have to manually assign a directory as the data folder, which was what happened. Thank you, I understand the issue now.

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

connot create rundll32 process.

why do it?!

Is your rundll32.exe deleted or blocked by antivirus? Try execute rundll32.exe shell32.dll,ShellAboutW in Win+R or cmd and see what happens.

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

why do it?!

Is your rundll32.exe deleted or blocked by antivirus? Try execute rundll32.exe shell32.dll,ShellAboutW in Win+R or cmd and see what happens.

AWI9TDA.png

here is

Win7 reinstall is 1 wek ...

no virus and very clean

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

why do it?!

Is your rundll32.exe deleted or blocked by antivirus? Try execute rundll32.exe shell32.dll,ShellAboutW in Win+R or cmd and see what happens.

AWI9TDA.png

here is

no virus and very clean

Are you using any type of security(AV,HIPS) software?

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

why do it?!

Is your rundll32.exe deleted or blocked by antivirus? Try execute rundll32.exe shell32.dll,ShellAboutW in Win+R or cmd and see what happens.
AWI9TDA.png

here is

no virus and very clean

No, i'm security software is V3... security Korean made

Can Security lock is rundll32 ?

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

why do it?!

AWI9TDA.png

here is

no virus and very clean

You can disable V3 and see what happens.

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

why do it?!

AWI9TDA.png

here is

no virus and very clean

humm.... V3 turn off and skyrim start.

connot create rundll32 process....

it's not working. T-T

i did mode install

run skyrim

but is error

why do it?!

AWI9TDA.png

here is

no virus and very clean

humm.... V3 turn off and skyrim start.

connot create rundll32 process....

it's not working. T-T

Set NoRunDll=1 in the ini file and try again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi gp160.... I use the M3 key (mouse roller) in game to assign it some spells... but I cant assign them anymore cuz your mod detects the m3 key when my PC is alive.... is there a way to assign any other key???

Set MiddleButtonToLRButton=0 in ini file.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the update gp160. I cannot play skyrim without this mod anymore :D

Seeing as you are very knowledgeable in the seemingly hardcoded player's death mechanic, do you know any methods/ways to make player's death state the same as NPC's death state? For example, after player death any effect shaders from spells will persist forever (burning, freezing, electrocuting, etc) on the player's corpse, but not on NPC's. Also, after death effects like soul trap wont trigger at all on the player. it is as if the game cannot recognize the death state at all, even though getdead returns 1 on player, and i'm sure the player is deader than dead.

I actually found strange ways to circumvent this, but they are bothersome to do. First is by bringing up the console right after the player's death, and script effects like soul trap will trigger properly on player, spells effect like invisibility properly dispelled, effect shaders stop playing, etc. Second is by using command modav health -1000 on player after death. It almost have the same effect as bringing up the console, very weird. and the third is by script like in this thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57405-more-realistic-deaths-wip/, but it only dispel some effect shaders.

Please forgive me for bothering you with this, but I cannot find any answer/solution regarding this subject anywhere on the internet.

• 2 months later...

I followed Free Death Camera to Loverslab because of the fact that it's being blocked by Nexus, but I am unfamiliar with how to install it manually.  I can guess what the optional death animation does, but what does PostmortemTFC_MOCompatibility test do, and is it a required thing for the mod, or can I just install the files in PostmortemTFC by themselves?  I assume this is as simple as taking the files in the zip file and dragging them to their appropriate location based on what folder they are in in the zip? (postmortemTFC.dll to Data/SKSE/Plugins/, etc)  Howeverf, what do I do with the files in src?

I'm a noob to manual installation, and apprehensive of doing so, so any help would be much loved. Thanks! 

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...