NMM from 0.52.+to 0.70.+ ( important info, help, tips & tricks)

I'm resetting my router regularly, I mean, when I notice strange behaving. I also use this "trick":

Windows 7

To clear your DNS cache if you use Windows 7, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box.
  3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  4. Run the following command:

ipconfig /flushdns

If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message:

Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

now only time will tell.

i successfully loaded nexus  Edit: and it is loading faster than before

post-779060-0-43977700-1444969018_thumb.jpg 

sry that this image is blurry used tablet to take a screen shot

#1,2,3 I use win10 pro 64bit so all i had to do was right click on the start button and then click on Command Prompt (Admin)post-779060-0-71236400-1444968830_thumb.jpg

#4 is the same in win10 pro 64bit and was able to flush dns resolver cache

I reinstalled Skyrim today and installed mods using 0.60.14 version. Although haven't had major problem with named bugs in previous versions, I can confirm that this version is really good and stable. After 0.60.10 version, 0.60.14 is worth to install as an upgrade.

New topics (no. 11 and 12) add to OP under Various tips about installation and post installation of NMM.

About all 0.60.+ versions: NMM has serious problems with de-installation of textures, armour/clothing, meshes, hairs from any children mods - RCOTS, RS children, Sky children and similar. If you had RCOTS (Megahairpack, Megaeyespack, any meshes and textures mod), and you de-installed them, it is necessary to reinstall your hair mods (such as KS hair pack, SG hair), eyes mods, textures mods (any NPC overhaul mod).

Another problem with all 0.60.+ is that it can't properly install and de-install some mods related to Heartfire DCL. So if you have any mod that overwrites or changing HF DCL, you have to reinstall them too. One of them is "Race compatibility" mod.

Hi Elf Prince your Downloadpack for NMM 0.56.1 hat a Virus /Win32.Sality.gen ;)

Sorry, but it's not true. :)

Before I uploaded this file to LL, it was checked with my anti virus and two antimalware, antspyware programs. So it's been on LL for long time. Also, it was directly downloaded from Nexus and only added to Rar for zipping. I just downloaded this Rar file and scanned. No virus found. Maybe your antivirus program reading it wrong. :)

Although the warning by respectful Mr. Keamscanyon was false, I do appreciate his warning. Thank you Mr. Keamscanyon. :)

Therefore I rescanned my computer with following up to date Antivirus and AntiMalware full version programs:

- AVG

- BitDefender

- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

- Super AntiSpyware

- Malware Bites Anti-Malware

NONE of them found any viruses on my computer. As evidence, I'm adding picture from Kaspersky AntiVirus Removal Tool (the best AntiVirus program on world :P  )

post-894077-0-97445400-1445482427_thumb.png

Nevertheless, to remove any suspicion, I reuploded (new) scanned and virus free NMM 0.56.1 on my OP.

Although the warning by respectful Mr. Keamscanyon was false, I do appreciate his warning. Thank you Mr. Keamscanyon. :)

Therefore I rescanned my computer with following up to date Antivirus and AntiMalware programs:

- AVG

- BitDefender

- Super AntiSpyware

NONE of them found any viruses on my computer. As evidence, I'm adding picture from Kaspersky AntiVirus Removal Tool (the best AntiVirus program on world :P  )

attachicon.gif2015-10-22 04_46_34-Program Manager.png

Nevertheless, to remove any suspicion, I reuploded (new) scanned and virus free NMM 0.56.1 on my OP.

Hmm ok,it was my Kasperski given me the warning,so i take a version direct from nexus and everything was fine.

cheers ;)

Therefore I rescanned my computer with following up to date Antivirus and AntiMalware programs:

- AVG

- BitDefender

- Super AntiSpyware

attachicon.gif2015-10-22 04_46_34-Program Manager.png

Hmm ok,it was my Kasperski given me the warning,so i take a version direct from nexus and everything was fine.

cheers ;)

It's OK my friend. :)  Kaspersky is known as program that sometimes alarm without reason since it scans every single and smallest file on computer. Still, it's the best Antivirus in the world. As I said, I do appreciate your virus report. it's better for me to check it (even if it might be false) then contaminate someone's computer.  :)

Elf Prince - you are a hero  :shy:

I am going to re-install Skyrim soon (must have the 2.2 version of Inigo), and I was seriously considering giving in to the bullying to try MO again (against my wishes), now thanks to you I can continue to use the new NMM and continue using a manager that is more suited to my approach to game management tools.

I am going to re-install Skyrim soon (must have the 2.2 version of Inigo), and I was seriously considering giving in to the bullying to try MO again (against my wishes), now thanks to you I can continue to use the new NMM and continue using a manager that is more suited to my approach to game management tools.

Thank you for kind words. Although I have MO installed, I use it rarely since it is little bit difficult for me to use it. I understand NMM much better too. :)

Thank you for kind words. Although I have MO installed, I use it rarely since it is little bit difficult for me to use it. I understand NMM much better too. :)

I too do not use MO, as skyrim would CTD on me

NMM 0.60.16 is out.

Bug fixes:

• Added context menu to each profile to rename/delete it (you’re no longer limited to interact with the current profile).
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM from saving the load order when moving plugins in the Plugins tab.
  • NMM no longer loads non-existent paths into the Supported Tools settings menu.
  • Fixed issue preventing NMM from removing cache files when a mod archive is deleted.
  • Fixed issue causing readme files to trigger the “Missing files” warning during a profile switch.
  • Fixed rare crash when something outside NMM changes the load order.
  • Removed old debug related messages from the tracelog.

Download: my OP under NMM - Help, downloads, troubleshooting:...

I installed it, test it and it works fine.

Hello, Elf Prince

I just wanted to know how to do my backup method that I found it refers to an old version and I'm not sure it's fine for the last.

Can you kindly tell me how to do it with, and perhaps even add to the main page would not hurt.

Please, would be kind to rephrase you question, since, I didn't understand it. It's not you but my poor English. Thank you.

If you are talking about restoring your backup mods, there is topic: Restoring your Backup under How to make Backup and how to restore your Backup using older NMM version, 0.54 or higher.

But if you are talking about making a new back up, do following:

1.) Start up NMM.

2.) Click the folder icon up top with the red arrow coming out of it.

3.) Select the "Open NMM's Mods Folder" option.

That will take you to where NMM stores your mod archive files when you download them via NMM. You'll see a few folders, and then a bunch of files that will probably have various archive extensions - .zip, .7z, .rar, et cetera. What you'll want to do is copy those archive files on to a thumb drive or something.

Then once you set up NMM on your new rig, you can follow the same procedure above to locate the proper directory, and just copy those archive files into it. Close and re-open NMM and it'll recognize the mods. From there it's just a matter of clicking the install button for each one as per usual.

Hello, Elf Prince

I just wanted to know how to do my backup method that I found it refers to an old version and I'm not sure it's fine for the last.

Can you kindly tell me how to do it with, and perhaps even add to the main page would not hurt.

Please, would be kind to rephrase you question, since, I didn't understand it. It's not you but my poor English. Thank you.

If you are talking about restoring your backup mods, there is topic: Restoring your Backup under How to make Backup and how to restore your Backup using older NMM version, 0.54 or higher.

1.) Start up NMM.

That will take you to where NMM stores your mod archive files when you download them via NMM. You'll see a few folders, and then a bunch of files that will probably have various archive extensions - .zip, .7z, .rar, et cetera. What you'll want to do is copy those archive files on to a thumb drive or something.

Then once you set up NMM on your new rig, you can follow the same procedure above to locate the proper directory, and just copy those archive files into it. Close and re-open NMM and it'll recognize the mods. From there it's just a matter of clicking the install button for each one as per usual.

Well my poor English with her to hit again.

I wanted to know was how the latest version and can get the files in the folder Virtualinstal DONOTDELETE zip. that he should be the backup.

Hello, Elf Prince

1.) Start up NMM.

I wanted to know was how the latest version and can get the files in the folder Virtualinstal DONOTDELETE zip. that he should be the backup.

Open NMM, to change the VirtualInstall go in the Tools menu, click on Change Virtual Install and then select the new path, NMM will automatically uninstall stuff from the old location and activate it in the new folder.

Hello, Elf Prince

1.) Start up NMM.

Open NMM, to change the VirtualInstall go in the Tools menu, click on Change Virtual Install and then select the new path, NMM will automatically uninstall stuff from the old location and activate it in the new folder.

You must excuse me I have not DONOTDELETE.

OK, let's start from the beginnig :)

If you don't have Virtualinstall folder  that contains do_not_delete fle in NMM mods it means you didn't install it correctly. So, do this:

1. Open you NMM and Uninstall all mods.

2. Exit NMM and uninstall it using CCleaner or any other program Utilitly that does same thing.

3. Install NMM again but follow the steps from Various tips about installation and post installation of NMM, topic 4.

Let me know how did it go. :)

OK, let's start from the beginnig :)

If you don't have Virtualinstall folder  that contains do_not_delete fle in NMM mods it means you didn't install it correctly. So, do this:

1. Open you NMM and Uninstall all mods.

2. Exit NMM and uninstall it using CCleaner or any other program Utilitly that does same thing.

3. Install NMM again but follow the steps from Various tips about installation and post installation of NMM, topic 4.

Let me know how did it go. :)

But my VirtualInstal folder exists and contains all the folders mod installed as the file exists VirtualModConfig xml.

The only one missing and Donotdelete that should be created automatically as it did. :(

But my VirtualInstal folder exists and contains all the folders mod installed as the file exists VirtualModConfig xml.

The only one missing and Donotdelete that should be created automatically as it did. :(

I recommended to reinstall NMM again for the same reason. In your last installation it didn't create that file and it should.

Since you can't make it by yourself, re installation of NMM is the only solution.

But if you do not want to do it, you can reinstall old NMM using any newer then 0.5.3x to the same folders and use the "Restore backup" functionality. You're then back to exactly where you were before you installed 0.60.+

I recommended to reinstall NMM again for the same reason. In your last installation it didn't create that file and it should.

Since you can't make it by yourself, re installation of NMM is the only solution.

But if you do not want to do it, you can reinstall old NMM using any newer then 0.5.3x to the same folders and use the "Restore backup" functionality. You're then back to exactly where you were before you installed 0.60.+

But this does not create the file Donotdelete When you start to install the mod?

Prior to version 0.60.16 I had nothing, I reinstalled Skyrim and NMM a sheet if you can say clean.

But this does not create the file Donotdelete When you start to install the mod?

Prior to version 0.60.16 I had nothing, I reinstalled Skyrim and NMM a sheet if you can say clean.

I gave you two options, only ones you have. So, either to reinstall NMM 0.60.+ from the beginning which should resolve creating backup file automatically, or go back to older version before it.

If you reinstall NMM 0.60.+ and you don't have backup file in it again, you should manually remove any NMM files from your PC and start NMM from scratch. All instructions how to do it are on my OP.