Load Order help request

ok so I have had skyrim for pc for about 7 months and have gotten over 180 mods I like downloaded and installed. a few months ago I finished my mod list and ever since then have been experiencing problems. (random CTD and 'not responding')  ever since then I have been trying to figure out what is causing it taking breaks to play other games when I got frustrated. the hardest part is the problem only returns after each fix attempt after nearly eleven hours of gameplay. I have now completely forgotten what was in the last batch of mods I installed. many of my mods are overhauls for various aspects of the game which I believe are script heavy. I am posting the load order and papyrus in the hopes someone can help me resolve this.

loadorder.txt

Start with LOOT to sort your load order automatically. 

If you still experience problems, run TES5Edit to help get your load order refined more. 

If you're STILL experiencing problems, the cause could be any of 100 different things, none of which are load order related.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/870974-using-tes5edit-to-determine-load-order/

For help with TES5Edit and refining load order even more than LOOT does.

Start with LOOT to sort your load order automatically. 

If you still experience problems, run TES5Edit to help get your load order refined more. 

If you're STILL experiencing problems, the cause could be any of 100 different things, none of which are load order related.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/870974-using-tes5edit-to-determine-load-order/

For help with TES5Edit and refining load order even more than LOOT does.

thanks, I didn't know tes5 did load order. been running loot but this guide will most likely help me alot. ill look into it

If that don't work you can try steams Verify Cache option to make sure your masters and original files are still good. Over time it seems as if they degrade. You will need to clean those again after re-verification but at least then you will know those files are correct. I mention this as it seems as if you have been using the original install for 7months. Some here have experienced issues and when re-verified and re-downloaded as needed these random issues seem to get resolved.

If you are using MO. You can then start a profile and clean start with only those files checked and see if everything works If it does then your base is good to go. Then just slowly activate small groups of mods (ones that work together to solve a problem like Graphic improvements game fixes etc) and rebuild. This can help resolve the possibility that one of your mods got corrupted. Or you can reinstall them in proper order again from clean backup.

As you get further and further away from simple fixes like load order and re verify cache it gets harder and harder to resolve the issue and will take more and more time. Patience is a virtue on this matter.

Oh think back to the last thing you changed .. might be the cause of the issue in itself.

If that don't work you can try steams Verify Cache option to make sure your masters and original files are still good. Over time it seems as if they degrade. You will need to clean those again after re-verification but at least then you will know those files are correct. I mention this as it seems as if you have been using the original install for 7months. Some here have experienced issues and when re-verified and re-downloaded as needed these random issues seem to get resolved.

If you are using MO. You can then start a profile and clean start with only those files checked and see if everything works If it does then your base is good to go. Then just slowly activate small groups of mods (ones that work together to solve a problem like Graphic improvements game fixes etc) and rebuild. This can help resolve the possibility that one of your mods got corrupted. Or you can reinstall them in proper order again from clean backup.

As you get further and further away from simple fixes like load order and re verify cache it gets harder and harder to resolve the issue and will take more and more time. Patience is a virtue on this matter.

Oh think back to the last thing you changed .. might be the cause of the issue in itself.

your advice is appreciated. I have been teaching myself how to mod this game with very little help beyond google. I thought I knew all the basics but today I learned I was wrong. thanks again guys, I have a lot to look over the next few days before I will decide on my next course of action. ^.=.^

your advice is appreciated. I have been teaching myself how to mod this game with very little help beyond google. I thought I knew all the basics but today I learned I was wrong. thanks again guys, I have a lot to look over the next few days before I will decide on my next course of action. ^.=.^

You can find alot of help here on LL. Many here are willing to help however you are doing the most important thing by actually trying to learn to help yourself. In time it does get much easier. Keep on posting questions and learning and soon you to will be giving out tips and tricks. :)..

There might be some more advanced tips for you, if you dig through my guide, too :) (See my sig)

You might want to check that out. There are some very good tips there on configuring the more complex aspects of Skyrim. Many things that I haven't even attempted myself have been explained in very simple terms and she is very active here and on that thread so if there is questions it is likely she will be the first to respond  :)

Not sure what mod manager you are using. NMM is fine as  a basic mod manager however Mod Organizer is better but a bit more complex. If you are a NMM user continue using it since you are comfortable with it but in the future when you have to reload or do serious reworking of your Skyrim give it a consideration. I have many links for it in my Sig for you to start reading up on. The main thing is all most are separate  and none of them are installed over your Skyrim files. The Skyrim Data folder remains clean. The second is easy conflict resolution (you can see what is conflicting with what other mods helpful for conflict resolution) and finally Profiles. Great to test a problem mod or setup and repair without messing up your current one. There are more I will leave you to read about those yourself.

I never advise upgrading from NMM to MO when you have a perfect working or near perfect working Modded Skyrim. I advise waiting till you need to do major work to consider it. (reload and rework)

There might be some more advanced tips for you, if you dig through my guide, too :) (See my sig)

You might want to check that out. There are some very good tips there on configuring the more complex aspects of Skyrim. Many things that I haven't even attempted myself have been explained in very simple terms and she is very active here and on that thread so if there is questions it is likely she will be the first to respond  :)

Not sure what mod manager you are using. NMM is fine as  a basic mod manager however Mod Organizer is better but a bit more complex. If you are a NMM user continue using it since you are comfortable with it but in the future when you have to reload or do serious reworking of your Skyrim give it a consideration. I have many links for it in my Sig for you to start reading up on. The main thing is all most are separate  and none of them are installed over your Skyrim files. The Skyrim Data folder remains clean. The second is easy conflict resolution (you can see what is conflicting with what other mods helpful for conflict resolution) and finally Profiles. Great to test a problem mod or setup and repair without messing up your current one. There are more I will leave you to read about those yourself.

I never advise upgrading from NMM to MO when you have a perfect working or near perfect working Modded Skyrim. I advise waiting till you need to do major work to consider it. (reload and rework)

What!? Me? Active? you're joking, right?

Archived