Regarding Sexlab and Cameras

Glaurung26

It's the nature of modding that you spend a lot of time troubleshooting and tweaking settings and less of the fun stuff. I would like to discuss one of the time sinks that irritates me: cameras. Used to be you were stuck in 3rd person and had to set the 3rd person camera zoom to where you guestimated you wanted it beforehand. Immersive first person http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/? provided almost everything you could need. There's something like 15 different angle profiles you can set with lots of settings. There are a number of other camera mods out there but this one seems to do the job the best (IMO). Just hit a hotkey and jump to different positions throughout animations.

The problem that I spend the most time working around is the lack of a "safe" dynamic floating camera. Everyone knows about and uses tfc (toggle floating camera), a built in console hack. It's great for most applications but it has an annoying habit of breaking save files when used in conjunction with some animations (sexlab, etc.). Afterwards some player controls are locked out and "enableplayercontrols" may or may not fix it. Also while in tfc, facial animations of the player don't work and sometimes particle effects (cumshots) don't play. If you're good at it, you can tick tfc on/off at each sexlab animation stage then hurry and turn it off before the animation ends. Or you'll have to reload a previous "clean" save.

Another way is to just make a slew of immersive first person profiles and cycle thru them. It works great for one or two animations but you find yourself constantly tweaking settings everytime you need to play a new animation or start a new game. Throw in the different body types and xyz coords of the different animation sets and the environmental positioning, ambient or directional lighting, time of day/weather....you spend more time in MCM than watching the fruits of your labor.

The above methods should work for most people. Just grab your preferred body, textures, animations and HDT, set one camera angle for each of your favorite animations and push the button. However for those like me that are constantly trying out new body types and animations, camera calibration is a bit of a time sink. And annoyance. An animation-safe floating/dynamic/non-fixed camera would be awesome. If it already exists and I just haven't seen it drop a link and I'll quit my bitchin' ;) . I just wanted to vent a bit and see what my fellow Loverslabradors do with their camera settings. What time sinks annoy you guys? What do you do to counter them?

It's the nature of modding that you spend a lot of time troubleshooting and tweaking settings and less of the fun stuff. I would like to discuss one of the time sinks that irritates me: cameras. Used to be you were stuck in 3rd person and had to set the 3rd person camera zoom to where you guestimated you wanted it beforehand. Immersive first person http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/? provided almost everything you could need. There's something like 15 different angle profiles you can set with lots of settings. There are a number of other camera mods out there but this one seems to do the job the best (IMO). Just hit a hotkey and jump to different positions throughout animations.

The problem that I spend the most time working around is the lack of a "safe" dynamic floating camera. Everyone knows about and uses tfc (toggle floating camera), a built in console hack. It's great for most applications but it has an annoying habit of breaking save files when used in conjunction with some animations (sexlab, etc.). Afterwards some player controls are locked out and "enableplayercontrols" may or may not fix it. Also while in tfc, facial animations of the player don't work and sometimes particle effects (cumshots) don't play. If you're good at it, you can tick tfc on/off at each sexlab animation stage then hurry and turn it off before the animation ends. Or you'll have to reload a previous "clean" save.

Another way is to just make a slew of immersive first person profiles and cycle thru them. It works great for one or two animations but you find yourself constantly tweaking settings everytime you need to play a new animation or start a new game. Throw in the different body types and xyz coords of the different animation sets and the environmental positioning, ambient or directional lighting, time of day/weather....you spend more time in MCM than watching the fruits of your labor.

The above methods should work for most people. Just grab your preferred body, textures, animations and HDT, set one camera angle for each of your favorite animations and push the button. However for those like me that are constantly trying out new body types and animations, camera calibration is a bit of a time sink. And annoyance. An animation-safe floating/dynamic/non-fixed camera would be awesome. If it already exists and I just haven't seen it drop a link and I'll quit my bitchin' ;) . I just wanted to vent a bit and see what my fellow Loverslabradors do with their camera settings. What time sinks annoy you guys? What do you do to counter them?

I have a camera mod here I believe. I did have one on Nexus but I screwed up and accidently deleted it. Here. EDIT I just changed this file. This one is especially tailored for Sexlab. :)

This is the only existing one besides on my box. It has higher precision adjustments, goes past 0 up to 2000 units. It does not work well with Dangerous nights so be aware that going -600 plus units can really mess the camera up.

Enjoy.

MyTPC-new.7z

@demack: Thank you! Your additions do exactly what I have searched for! If you plan on improving on it, may I suggest a toggle option in MCM to remeber vertical position of camera. So all one would have to do is press scrolllock to see the action on the ground better. But Im more than happy with what youve done so far. So, thank you again! :cool:

@demack: Thank you! Your additions do exactly what I have searched for! If you plan on improving on it, may I suggest a toggle option in MCM to remeber vertical position of camera. So all one would have to do is press scrolllock to see the action on the ground better. But Im more than happy with what youve done so far. So, thank you again! :cool:

You are welcome.

I reposted the files on Nexus. I deleted them by accident thinking I was deleting the file but it deleted the page. I have a remember toggle in testing and a combat toggle but it is unfinished and I probably won't release it for awhile.

I think I will cover it here since it is relative.

My camera mod was fixed up with the zoom about mid Feb of 2014. I just never uploaded it. I did repost this mod and a necromancer mod on Nexus but this will be the last of my work since the shit storm is about to get much worse.

@Shadow866

No that is not my mod. It was never made public even when I finished it because I felt it was to much of a cheat.

demack, I just downloaded it and tried it out and I love your camera mod. I haven't been able to figure out how to zoom in or out though. Is there a hotkey for it or is there just some setting I'm missing? I looked through the MCM but was a little lost there.

There are two version. One has the zooming the other does not (the one here does BTW). You have to configure the zoom in the McM. It allows you to zoom up to 2000 game units.

EDIT: BTW this one really messes the camera after initial setting so set the zoom increments to 4 or five or you will spend 20 minutes zooming back in level 8. Also Dangerous Nights will use the min value so your camera will be totally fucked up. Leave the zoom increments low until action starts or don't use DN. I use DN btw.

Archived