help with FNIS

Hi I tried installing FNIS using mod organizer, but I can't get it to work

(just to clarify I am new to mod organizer have used FNIS once a while back when i still used mod organizer).

I downloaded FNIS and FNIS spells, created an executable for FNIS in Mod organizer, and as i have heard after this i went into FNIS archive to start

GenerateFNISforUsers.exe as an administrator for the first time, sadly nothing happened at all, no FNIS orange gui or anything.

I tried executing FNIS through MO, and i got two messages, can't remember what they said though but nothing happened(using the settings-reset

dialogues does not make them appear again).

I have fnis checker settings as true and sensitive, by the way starting generatefnisformodders.exe does work and I see a blue GUI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You likely have some argument set wrong Look at the link here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18037-mod-organizer-fnis/?p=480983

This is from AwfulArchdemon and there is a thread for MO issues. Read through there and perhaps ask there the question as well. Likely more will see it there as opposed to a separate thread ;).

Can't help you more.. as I see it you did the steps correct.. While at it... did you check S.T.E.P.S?

Fore's New Idles for Skyrim (FNIS)Fore's New Idles for Skyrim (FNIS)

Fore's New Idles for Skyrim (FNIS) maybe added in this manner:

1. Click the gears Gear_MO.png button. This opens the Modify Executables window.
  2. In the Title field, type FNIS.
  3. For the Binary field, browse to your FNIS installation (should be located in <ModOrganizer>/mods/Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users) and select the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe application.
  4. Click the Add button. This will add FNIS to your executables list.
  5. Click Close to close the dialog.

Mod_organizer_fnis.png

Please note:

• After closing FNIS, there will be files in Overwrite (essentially a fake mod located at the bottom of the Left Pane if sorted by priority ascending) created by FNIS. Right-click Overwrite and select Create Mod, name it FNIS Output and click OK. This will create a new mod listing in the Left Pane for the FNIS generated files. You will then need to check it to enable it. Each subsequent time you update FNIS behavior, you must open Overwrite and drag the new files back to this mod.
  • If you receive a This application cannot be started message, most likely you forgot to enable the mod in the Left Pane.

As long as it is a legitimate Steam install of Skyrim there shouldn't be any problem with running this program. The requirements are inline with the rest of the requirements for Skyrim itself. I doubt it is the type of hardware you are using. If you are running into hardware issues itself.. might want to fix those first because nothing is worse that going through hours of building a character and watching the hard drive melt or something like that.

I tried and iI looked at the other forum post, it seems like my pc somehow just isn't able to run this specific: generatefnisformodders.exe for some strange reason, then again I have had some pc issues lately.

Also, you need .NET 4.0 (minimum), so it's possible you have an issue there.  May need to reinstall/update .NET.  Take a look at the FNIS page on Nexus for a link for the 4.0 download, or run your normal Windows updates.

Archived