I want a bow.

merlinthetrue

I have always wanted a bow for both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  Someone made one from what i hear by stripping it out from Oblivion.  If you have that one or can make a new one that would be really great.  I think if you made it so that it was craftable for New Vegas that would be good.  I have made this with the stuff i stripped from Oblivion that i think you may need to use as a starting point and some other stuff that i was going to use.

Fallout bow project.rar

• 2 weeks later...

If you can make at least the model and the texture, it would help a lot. An Oblivion ripped content would make it impossible to be posted in a public thread, and I'm not sure how many people would love to make something like this only for your personal use.

i don't need the mod but personally i can't understand why they haven't implemented bows in the games in the first place, the way i see it it would be a widespread weapon as it is easy to make and maintain, easy to use, quiet and in decent hands lethal at medium to long range

just felt the need to vent that somewhere and this was the best location i could find for now

I would probably combine a "modern" compound bow or maybe crossbow mod (where the author allows reuse) with the dart gun as the base for the mechanics of the thing. The dart gun is essentially a crossbow anyhow, so modifying it into a crossbow should be fairly easy. Into a regular bow would take more work.

Archived