Old RPGs. Who remembers.....

The list would be far too long (heck, I was raised on Sinclair ZX and Apple II hardware), but let's name a few - Adventure, Scott Adams' QUESTMASTER Series (I remember the Spider-Man one with fond frustration), Neuromancer, Dungeon Master, Secret of the Silver Blades, The Dark Queen of Krynn, Final Fantasy in various different flavors, Dragon Quest...

I gotta admit, I have been a busy guy indeed. o_o;

• 4 weeks later...

I remember a game on Commodore 64 called Wasteland that was like Fallout 1. We worked out by swapping the 5" floppy disk to a blank one when leaving a Vault we could go back into the vault again with the original disk later and get all the same stuff again. So we'd kill everything leave, then return & loot :)

Ultima 1, we left the chests where the monsters died and started creating fences with them trapping the Whirlpool and other monsters.

• 4 months later...
Before all that it was Friday night bong sessions with D&D' date=' Avalon Hill (various)....

[/quote']

Nothing beat the Sports and War games by Avalon Hill. Yeesh.... Statis Pro Baseball, Basketball, etc. killed a lot of idle time in the service. "Let's see... I can Brasso my belt buckle, again, or lose to the Yankees." :)

My very first RPGs were Dragon Warrior and Ultima: Exodus for the NES back in like 89. I honestly have no idea what existed before that, but I stopped playing RPGs after FFX. After X2 and the online version, my taste for RPGs have been castrated.

I guess I am too old to try to keep up, and I dont consider MMOs to be RPGs. Honestly, I consider FF2 (American release) to be the pinnacle of RPG perfection and it can't be topped. The best music, best story line, best characters, best graphics (for it's day), and possibly the most addictive game I have ever played. 20 years later and I am STILL playing it like I just bought it yesterday. LOL

FF7 is a close second for me.

Secret of mana, Phantasy star, shining force and D&d:Warriors of the Eternal Sun for console along with BG 1&2 for PC are my first RPGs I played.

later on I found Morrowind and played that off and on for 3-4 years selling and buying it at least 3 times. This game blew me away...still never completed it though lol

Also realy liked KOTOR but the basterdized the series with a MMO :(