Hungry Monsters [Req]

Sybian

Looking for mods or ideas on how to make a hungry monster that will rope you in, eat all your gear and you if you don't get out in time. Much like the spider mod where they web you and eventually eat you. But maybe something that won't give those with arachnophobia a heart attack.

There is a great mimic trap mod out there. But I was thinking about some more static monsters that would try and rope from a distance, then give either dialog options to navigate to fight your way out.

Such as pictures below

post-292269-0-19526400-1413662468_thumb.jpgpost-292269-0-81964700-1413663383_thumb.jpg

There is a great mimic trap mod out there. But I was thinking about some more static monsters that would try and rope from a distance, then give either dialog options to navigate to fight your way out.

Hm... now that you mention it. There is no immovable enemy in the game, is there? No giant flower with poisenous vines and thorns. Considering how popular immovable enemies with lots of minions are as boss encounters, that's rather ... sad. The game needs something like that!

Well I figure there are a few rope like things that might work as a grapple, but if that is to hard then what about just a hidden monster that is semi translucent that just captures you if you walk over it?

Should not be that hard to do right?

there are those tentacle things that pop out of the water/goo in dragonborn dlc that do dmg.

One could take this concept and make something similar with the vanilla world - I for example always found it very strange that the empty dragon mounds were not somewhat of relevanz. A mystical power that leached energy / mana from the dragon bones, now come to wake.... that would be quite the sight to see.

I like this. I think it's pretty feasible too. 

How about modified bear traps, instead give them a leaf mesh (maybe copy a vanilla leaf resource?). Make them semi-transparent and I think there's a way to toggle third-person camera mode like for kill-cams. When the player steps over a trap they get rooted and the camera switches to third person to show semi-transparent plants walls "eat" the player.

From there it'd be possible to add SexLab animations/functionality, possibly using tentacle resources if desired. 

Aside from adding plant-rape kinda stuff, this could act as a sort of "reset" where the plant eats the player's gear (possibly just armor and weapons?). Perhaps make it "eat" the player too if they don't escape somehow (skill check or hotkey maybe?) but that would probably need a custom animation. If/When the player escapes this would force a time where they are naked and vulnerable until they get new gear. I know some people hate to lose amazing gear they got or crafted, but as a hardcore mode it'd be cool. Maybe even make them like the Zelda LikeLikes and you can get your gear back after killing the plant monster (which may require you to go get gear and come back for your old stuff)?

So yeah, should be fairly straightforward to add static modified bear traps to various places and borrow some resources to place tentacle fights around them as a warning. The plant vore/rape would probably require some animations but I guess maybe you could borrow those from existing mods. Not sure what to do about gear so that might be something to consider later.

I don't have much modding experience but I look forward to seeing if anyone makes something out of this and I could try to do...something I guess if needed.

Looking for mods or ideas on how to make a hungry monster that will rope you in, eat all your gear and you if you don't get out in time. Much like the spider mod where they web you and eventually eat you. But maybe something that won't give those with arachnophobia a heart attack.

could i ask where to find those 2 mods you are talking about? The spider one and the mimic trap one sounds pretty good.

could i ask where to find those 2 mods you are talking about? The spider one and the mimic trap one sounds pretty good.

Arachnophobia is hosted on this site...going to look for the Mimic trap later.

Archived